Getting equipment ready

Turkey hunting tips & tricks that have worked & can help others.
Gobbler
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Getting equipment ready

Post by Gobbler »

What do you do to get ready for the season equipment wise?

I am going to set up a back pack this year. ( vest will be ready if this idea fails).
I want to come up with a way to carry the Gobbler Lounger. I was thinking a better strap drilled into the leg and back piece.
I have my camo out and ready.
I want to spend a lot of time with my shot gun and new scope. I want to try some blends this year through my 870.
I always lay out a bunch of calls and try to determine what calls will go hunting this year. Along with the calls I always take.
This year I want a good pair of binoculars.
What do others do?
vaturkey
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Getting equipment ready

Post by vaturkey »

Doug

Get you a gobbler lounger sack from customgunsocks. Money well spent. Leuold Pinnacals 10x42 binos are awesome. :thumbup:
Turkey Talker
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Turkey Talker »

I'm waiting on you to go out to camp gobbler so we can run some rounds through our shotguns.
I need to start running some of these crystal calls, I only practice mouth calls in the offseason. My camo and vest are ready to go. Your idea with the better strap for the gobbler lounger is genious. I wouldn't want a sack for it cause sometimes I'm in too much of a rush to take it out of something, just throw it off the shoulder and sit down! I need a new flash light, boots, hat, mask, and camelback for this season. Then I will be ready!
timbrhuntr
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by timbrhuntr »

I had a couple straps with padded shoulders from camo backpacks I don't use anymore. I modified them and then attached them to the lounger after taking the old one off. I just sling it over my shoulder and away I go. I like it over my shoulder and not in a sack etc. If I need to move I just quickly fold it and over the shoulder and move. Last year I moved on a tom 3 times before he liked the set up and came in. No problem. I also atached a small black bungie cord to it so it stays folded and takes a second to deploy and i'm sitting.
guesswho
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by guesswho »

I wash my lucky underwear. I don't wear any but I like to carry them in my game pouch. Makes it look like I plan on spending the night.
Double Naught Spy!
RCD's Owner----------------Badonka Deke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff-------------Lighter Than HTL Shooter
The Storm Whistle Prostaff
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey Calls Prostaff
chatterbox

Post by chatterbox »

guesswho wrote:I wash my lucky underwear. I don't wear any but I like to carry them in my game pouch. Makes it look like I plan on spending the night.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Don't forget your toothbrush!
Cont520

Post by Cont520 »

Going to do some shooting Sat. Doug if you have 3.5 for that 870 I have some blend stuff you can try. Turkey you are more than welcomed to join if you like
Double beard guide service LLC
redarrow
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by redarrow »

I've been cleaning up the mess in my gun room after deer season. I can see the floor again. Nuther day or so and I should be able to find my turkey gun and vest. :lol:
Put you plans in the nail scarred hands.
Turkey Talker
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Turkey Talker »

still no word about camp

Return to “Hunt Strategies”