Stalled out Gobbler

Turkey hunting tips & tricks that have worked & can help others.
Gobbler
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Stalled out Gobbler

Post by Gobbler »

This is the second in a series of life changing tips I plan on sharing with the Turkey community.

The stalled out Gobbler.
How do I kill him?
You have tried every online forum for tips. You have read all the magazines. You have hunted with great turkey hunters and still a stupid peanut size brained bird will come up to 75 yrds and stand just out of sight in the woods and gobble all freakin morning!! :violent1:

OK... The first thing you have to do when your lackluster calling and/or understanding of the wild turkey gets you into this all familiar situation is... take a deep breath and relax.

Next go through all the advise you can remember from magazines, friends, and online posts. Try each one. If he still remains out there gobbling then its now time to try gobblerD's "SHOCK AN AWE" technique.

Call to him. When he gobbles pin point his location. Wait 50 seconds. Stand up with your gun pointed in his direction up against your cheek in the firing position and deliberately walk toward him as briskly as you can.

With that expensive shot gun you bought that will put 200 pellets in his head at 50 yrds all you have to do is cover 20 steps.
By the time that arrogant Gobbler realizes you just broke the rules, you can give him a smile or nod as you pull the trigger.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Please post pictures this spring. :thumbup: :mrgreen:

Remember when I use the word YOU I am not talking about YOU. I'm talking about others that are not registered on here. :mrgreen:
timbrhuntr
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Stalled out Gobbler

Post by timbrhuntr »

Great advise. But what do you do when those 20 steps put you on the neighbours property.
Stinky J Picklestein
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Stinky J Picklestein »

timbrhuntr wrote:Great advise. But what do you do when those 20 steps put you on the neighbours property.
Just reverse the process at the end. Grab him and deliberately walk away with him as briskly as you can. :lol:
Gobbler
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Gobbler »

:laughing3: :laughing3: exactly.

timbrhuntr, you can't apply these techniques in your neighborhood. :mrgreen:
Turkey Talker
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Turkey Talker »

HAAHAhahahaha
Cont520

Post by Cont520 »

timbrhuntr wrote:Great advise. But what do you do when those 20 steps put you on the neighbours property.
Grab the bird and run like hell ;)
Double beard guide service LLC
Grover
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Grover »

I'm betting that'll work, I did it to a deer once. I saw him look up and say "OH! CRAP!!, he made it about 25 yards and rolled.
"INFIDEL"
timbrhuntr
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by timbrhuntr »

Gobbler wrote::laughing3: :laughing3: exactly.

timbrhuntr, you can't apply these techniques in your neighborhood. :mrgreen:

Why not? The turkeys are always walking around all day in the field across the street. Its just not fair. I almost called one across the street once though. My daughter thinks its the funniest thing that I drive to kill a turkey when they are across the street every other day :turkeywave: at me.
redarrow
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by redarrow »

I gotta put that one in my camoflaged rolodex of tips that I always carry to the woods with me. Great advice.
Put you plans in the nail scarred hands.

Return to “Hunt Strategies”