Crystal mistress

Turkey hunting tips & tricks that have worked & can help others.
kisatchiekutter

Crystal mistress

Post by kisatchiekutter »

I was thinking about ordering a call from Dave Halloran, just wondering if anyone out there was using any if his pot or box calls. If so,how we'll you liked them. His crystal mistress sounds really good to me, just curious how it would stack up to some of the other custom crystals out and the Woodhaven cherry crystal that my buddy uses. His sounds pretty henny.
Thanks for the input,
TS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Crystal mistress

Post by TS »

All the top callmakers that make pot calls are gonna be very similar think about it there really is not alot they can do to a pot call to make it sound that much better than others. There is only so much you can do to a pot call and all the lil tricks gave been done. Buy a call run it if you like it hunt it. Simple really seems to me you gave made up your mind. Just dont pay to much for a pot call that is over priced. No pot call is worth over 80 bucks that is being made now remember that first off. Dont pay for the name of the callmaker on the call.
"Better being 30 minutes early than 5 minutes late"
HuntnMa
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by HuntnMa »

I have a Crystal Mistress...sounds amazing...but then again this is coming from someone that is totally in love with my power crystal, lol. I agree with TS, buy it ,if you like it hunt with it if not put it in the collection with the rest of them. I would buy it...but that's me.
kisatchiekutter

Post by kisatchiekutter »

Thanks for the input, I know I am way over thinking it. I'm pretty call poor already, probably end up one of each. I blame it on this addiction some people call turkeyhunting.
Thanks again for the input I appreciate it.
Grunt-N-Gobble

Post by Grunt-N-Gobble »

I have one of his slate calls and I'm pretty happy with it.

I'd like to get one of his crystal calls also.
savduck

Post by savduck »

they are awesome. You will love it.
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

David builds one of the better crystal calls..
Beard Collecter

Post by Beard Collecter »

Awesome call!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The SPURSUADER

Post by The SPURSUADER »

I have several of Davids Calls including the mistress as well as his slate and aluminum and a box call he has personally signed all my calls as I've meet him several times. I started making my own calls a few years ago and that's all I use I'll share a video if you would like of his crystal vs mine... His is $65+ and mine is $30 total so it's really what you have a ear for but he does make a great call his new top shelf crackin crystal sounds exactly like his twisted sister call Ony opinion I worked them both over good at the Dixie deer classic but good luck
SPURSUADER Custom Calls...Call'em in and Carry'em out!!
appalachianassassin
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by appalachianassassin »

well im a crystal call man. I have his top shelf cackling crystal (great call) and right now his metal mouth crystal is on its way. I probably wont carry either. I just love turkey calls. ive carried a lohman thunderdome crystal since my first day in the turkey woods and that's what ill be using.
El Sicario

Return to “Hunt Strategies”