houndstooth calls

Turkey hunting tips & tricks that have worked & can help others.
kisatchiekutter

houndstooth calls

Post by kisatchiekutter »

anyone ever use any calls made by houndstooth, met a guy while I was hunting in Alabama that used them. sounded pretty good. I carry mostly woodhaven and cody in my vest, but I liked what I heard. just checking to see if their was anybody using these calls and what they thought about them.

woodsmanship and patience kills more turkeys, no doubt, but having good turkey calls doesn't hurt either.
Grunt-N-Gobble

Re: houndstooth calls

Post by Grunt-N-Gobble »

I have a couple mouth calls from them. The All Pro 3 Reed and the Tom Bomb.

I really like the All Pro 3.
Waddle Whacker
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Waddle Whacker »

I like his mouth calls, and Lyle is a really nice guy. I've used, and like, both the Tom Bomb and the Dixie Combo.
Feel, don't think. Trust your instincts.
tubecaller10

Post by tubecaller10 »

Yes I use them. Lyle makes great and consistent calls. The tomb bomb with double green latex is best call IMO. Check him out!
Onpoint85

Post by Onpoint85 »

I'm probably the pickiest guy abiut my mouth calls of anybody I've ever met. I hsve a thread on Oldgobbler titled 'let's talk mouth calls'. Yall should check it out. Anyways lyle is a top notch guy who happens to build fantastic turkey calls. The quality is there and so is the tone snd consistency from call to call. I like his vixen , tombomb, ghost cut and Dixie combo. All great calls. Not nobly are his mouth cslls great, he makes a great pot call too. I haven't got one yet but I've heard his ceramic and It's thr best sounding ceramic over ever heard. He's got somethin new out too this I believe is gonna be a huge hit over thr next year. I really think alot of Lyle. You won't find a better guy to do business with.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
kisatchiekutter

Post by kisatchiekutter »

thanks for the input guys, I was thinking about getting one of his ceramic pots myself. also if anyone is looking for a good owl locator call he makes one of the best I've heard, the gentleman I spoke of in my original post had one, it sounds awesome.
Johndoe
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re:

Post by Johndoe »

[quote="Onpoint85"]I'm probably the pickiest guy abiut my mouth calls of anybody I've ever met. I hsve a thread on Oldgobbler titled 'let's talk mouth calls'. Yall should check it out

Many of us could not search for that thread even if we wanted to. We have been banned for life:-)
May want to start one over here.

JD

There are no numbers on any of my clocks below 8. Then all of a sudden, 2 days before turkey season they appear. Then right after the season they disappear.
What's up with that
savduck

Post by savduck »

Lyle makes some of the best mouth calls out there. All I run. He has an awesome owl hooter, makes awesome pots, and makes trumpets on request that sound great. He is a great guy, glad to call him my friend.

I recommend the all black tom bomb, Dixie Combo, and bat wing. His V cuts are pretty sweet too. I think I may have put some video files on here of his calls.
Adamj1218

Post by Adamj1218 »

kisatchiekutter wrote:anyone ever use any calls made by houndstooth, met a guy while I was hunting in Alabama that used them. sounded pretty good. I carry mostly woodhaven and cody in my vest, but I liked what I heard. just checking to see if their was anybody using these calls and what they thought about them.

woodsmanship and patience kills more turkeys, no doubt, but having good turkey calls doesn't hurt either.
I love them. I have went through my fair share of mouth calls but have exclusively used Houndstooth the past 2 years. I have heard good things about the Vixen and I actually order one today along with a Ghost Cut 3 reed. My go to call is the Dixie Combo but I also use the Tom Bomb.

Return to “Hunt Strategies”