Speed Hen

Turkey hunting tips & tricks that have worked & can help others.
Gobbler
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Speed Hen

Post by Gobbler »

Just wanted to share this with you guys that like to run and gun.

The gobblerD "Speed Hen" can be used on the fly. Placed it strategically and watch the Gobblers come to their Death.

It works and the best thing is you can make your own cause if your on this site... I promise you have a pile of old decoys you don't use. Just cut off head at neck get a pole and GET R DONE!

dirt road ninja

Re: Speed Hen

Post by dirt road ninja »

The turkeys might think they're ghosts. I've got to try it, always looking for a new way to spook'em.
guesswho
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by guesswho »

Gobbler wrote:The gobblerD "Speed Hen" can be used on the fly. Placed it strategically and watch the Gobblers come to their Death.
I think I'm going to try the use on the fly tactic next year. Do you recommend wearing a cup when you use one on your fly? Seems like it could be potentially painful without one. Also should you remove it from your fly before relocating to another spot?
Double Naught Spy!
RCD's Owner----------------Badonka Deke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff-------------Lighter Than HTL Shooter
The Storm Whistle Prostaff
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey Calls Prostaff
Johndoe
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Johndoe »

guesswho wrote:
Gobbler wrote:The gobblerD "Speed Hen" can be used on the fly. Placed it strategically and watch the Gobblers come to their Death.
I think I'm going to try the use on the fly tactic next year. Do you recommend wearing a cup when you use one on your fly? Seems like it could be potentially painful without one. Also should you remove it from your fly before relocating to another spot?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

There are no numbers on any of my clocks below 8. Then all of a sudden, 2 days before turkey season they appear. Then right after the season they disappear.
What's up with that
Gobbler
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Gobbler »

I taped a Hen's decoy Head to the end of my Shot Gun barrel.
When the Gobbler comes in from the wrong direction you just move your gun over so the hen is looking at him. He thinks man that hen likes me. Then you shoot him.

Doesn't any one on here know how to turkey hunt? :lol: :lol: :lol:
GLS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by GLS »

For streamlining running and gunning, a hat can be made out of a foam decoy. Two birds with one stone: hat and decoy. I think 2ounces6 had a photo up of his son wearing one. That way you don't need to worry about cutting the head off the decoy and using it on the fly and worrying about getting shot the last place you'd want to be shot with a load of TSS. I'd consider shooting glasses, however. Maybe a kevlar batting helmet underneath the decoy, too. Somebody will do this on the Outdoor Channel for sure. I've got the popcorn ready.
GOLD HUNTER
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by GOLD HUNTER »

:shock:
LET'S GO TROUT FISHING
HuntnMa
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by HuntnMa »

I concur Gold Hunter, lol.......
Turkey Talker
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Turkey Talker »

why did you share this ancient Indian hunting secret???? Now there will be nothing left.
GLS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by GLS »

There is still the silent dog whistle that shocks Toms into silent gobbling. Crud. It's out of the bag. Anyone want a brass silent dog whistle??
Another old Indian secret. Cut decoy in half. Place both halves in trash heap. Go to woods without either half. Works for me.
Gobbler
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Gobbler »

:laughing3: :laughing3:

Hey My research has been approved by Lab coat Guy.
Gobbler
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Gobbler »

Looks like I have found some flexible wire that will bend and makes the Hen's Head look like it is pecking the ground.
I guess I'll call it the "SPEED FEEDER". I got to say inventing products for the hunting industry is rewarding. :mrgreen:
guesswho
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by guesswho »

Gobbler wrote:Looks like I have found some flexible wire that will bend and makes the Hen's Head look like it is pecking the ground.
I guess I'll call it the "SPEED FEEDER". I got to say inventing products for the hunting industry is rewarding. :mrgreen:
Thats going to make the fly mounting tactic even more challenging, and painful.
Double Naught Spy!
RCD's Owner----------------Badonka Deke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff-------------Lighter Than HTL Shooter
The Storm Whistle Prostaff
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey Calls Prostaff
Gobbler
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Gobbler »

:mrgreen: 10-4 Ronnie.

But I will give a secret decoy tactic that has been passed down through many generations (actually one) of Turkey Hunters. If you don't want to be on the Fly. Then heres a way to bring the Gobbler to you!!

Take a medium weight 7 foot fishing pole with you hunting. Release the line and walk it out around 125 yards in the direction that the Gobbler will come from. Tie the line around your full size hen decoy's neck. Go back and set up and when the gobbler sees the hen start reeling her in slowly. He will follow her right into range. Safety off Bang.

Please don't tell anyone else this. :mrgreen:
TS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by TS »

I hate to admit it I have seen it work in the field. We had a whole flock of jakes go nut over it on state land one morning.
"Better being 30 minutes early than 5 minutes late"
drenalinld
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by drenalinld »

I for one cannot understand how you are not making the big bucks with all of your great inventions???????? I am sure you get tired of the big companies stalking you begging you to sign with them.

I think we will put together some footage this Fall and next Spring and produce a GN pilot. We will skip the pansy hunting channels and go straight to Fox or ESPN. You think people love Duck Dynasty, they would flip over this group up n her...lol

Return to “Hunt Strategies”