Deer Forage and Cover

Turkey hunting tips & tricks that have worked & can help others.
gblack15

Deer Forage and Cover

Post by gblack15 »

Ok Guys, I have quite successfully deer hunted just about every WMA in central Florida over the last 15 or so years and most of that success has been related to finding places where the Does are and where the oaks are. This year I am on some new ground in an old familiar WMA. Most of it is Pines and scrub during my summer scouting I have seen lots of blackberries ans wild blueberries along with common undergrowth and vines. this area seems to have a huge population of deer year round based on some intel from friend and several sheds I found.

I have very little experience hunting pines an palmettos so I am looking for ideas on what food might be available during fall months. Right now I plan to focus on transition areas where pines meet palmettos or pasture and areas like cypress heads that are wet. I should also add that right now they just finished burning several hundred acres of brush that may be prime browse this fall but very open and near the road. I would also like to hear how some others might approach a hunting plan for this area.
For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse. Romans 1:20

Return to “Hunt Strategies”