Scouting "tips and tricks"

Turkey hunting tips & tricks that have worked & can help others.
Boone

Scouting "tips and tricks"

Post by Boone »

First I would like to say thanks to everybody on this forum I have really enjoyed reading all the posts !! And hope I'm posting this topic in the right section if not I'll be happy to move it. I'm still a greenie around here :mrgreen:

With turkeys season creeping up in KY I've been burning the road up in between school and work

One of my tricks is

- if I see an area that has birds on it but I can't find out who the landowner is by knocking on doors some county clerks offices or pva offices have a map similar to google maps to find it search for your county clerks office and look for a tab that says something like "property and zoning" and then look for a tab saying GIS maps these will have all of the different tracks of land on it, you click on the track of land that you are interested in and it will give you the land owners name and address most of the time. This has served me well when I am running short on time allowing me to fast track to getting permission to hunt! I hope I was clear kinda hard to explain without showin you in person.

I'm interested to hear some other tips because for all the scouting I've been doing I have not been seeing many birds, with the cold March that we had most of the birds are still in big groups

Goodluck and happy hunting :struttin:
Dtrkyman

Re: Scouting "tips and tricks"

Post by Dtrkyman »

I started running my trail cams for turkeys last year, paid off a couple times already! Plus I enjoy checking the photos out and catching trespassers!

Return to “Hunt Strategies”