Some of my work

General discussion on getting your trophy preserved & for Taxidermist to show their work
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Some of my work

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Most of you are not aware that I am a taxidermist.. I of course do deer and some trapping mounts.. But my real specialty is predators: Coyotes, fox and bobcat.. Business has been really good lately, feel free to PM me with any work you may have and maybe we can get something worked out.. Maybe I might do a game on this site for a free mount of your trophy of a lifetime.

DeerImage

Trapping
ImageImage

Specialty Predators
ImageImageImage
vaturkey
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Some of my work

Post by vaturkey »

That crosseyed yote is awesome !! :lol:
CamoMan4025
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by CamoMan4025 »

You SUCK!
"God, Guts & High Explosives"
guesswho
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by guesswho »

What is your turn around time? I know you sometimes have to wait on quality.
Double Naught Spy!
RCD's Owner----------------Badonka Deke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff-------------Lighter Than HTL Shooter
The Storm Whistle Prostaff
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey Calls Prostaff
Ticeman

Post by Ticeman »

If Stevie Wonder was a taxidermist, this is what his crap would look like.

:o
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

guesswho wrote:What is your turn around time? I know you sometimes have to wait on quality.
Right now I am behind.. I have never done African game and received the below animals from a to remain un named "big shot tv show host" as he heard my excellent work with predators. This was simply not mounting an animal, but creating a realistic scene that makes someone feel as if they have just walked through the savanah grass and come across these lions on a fresh kill.. I worked long and hard on this mount and am entering it in the African BIG 5 taxidermy category at this years Safari Club International convention in Reno.. I really think I have an excellent chance to place high or win..

GobbleNut

Post by GobbleNut »

Wow, Tom! ...And I thought I was good! I am giving up taxidermy altogether now that I've seen what a real master can do! Send me your address,....I am gonna' have you do all of my work from now on. Cost is no object. Is a ten thousand dollar deposit enough to get started? I am in awe of your artistic gift. Amazing stuff, buddy! Please,...can we see more?!....
guesswho
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by guesswho »

Those Polar Bear/Lion hybrids are a rare creatue so I understand why the lucky hunter wouldn't send them to just anybody to be mounted. Looking at that scene it's almost like I can hear the bones crunching.
Double Naught Spy!
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

guesswho wrote:Those Polar Bear/Lion hybrids are a rare creatue so I understand why the lucky hunter wouldn't send them to just anybody to be mounted. Looking at that scene it's almost like I can hear the bones crunching.
Thanks Ronnie and speaking of polar bears, the San Diego zoo had a mother and cub die and wanted them mounted so they heard of me and I received the hides fleshed, it was a big box.. Here it is on display Image

And you want more Gobblenut, I know you are in big cat country.. If you ever draw a tag I would be happy to do it. Here is cat I did a few years ago. The man wanted it to look as it did in the tree as the dogs bayed below.. Image

And here is another cat.. This client saw pictures of the cat above and feared his small children would not like such a realistic scary specimen in the house, so he opted for a more docile creature.. Image
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Ticeman wrote:If Stevie Wonder was a taxidermist, this is what his crap would look like.

:o
Thanks for the kind words my friend.. And if you ever kill anything: Bird, deer etc I would love to mount it for you.. I would love to be part of your first successful hunt :thumbup:
MKW
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by MKW »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

OMG, this is some funny stuff!!

Mike
Ultimate Predator
MKW
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by MKW »

I just can't get this amazing work off my mind. I know this is a strange request, but after seeing this unbelievable talent that you have been gifted with, I would REALLY appreciate it if you would consider being my mortician when I pass. I have no doubt that you could bring out my best features and I want to look my absolute best in my casket.
Please consider this request, it would be GREATLY appreciated and you would be well compensated.

Mike
Ultimate Predator
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

MKW wrote:I just can't get this amazing work off my mind. I know this is a strange request, but after seeing this unbelievable talent that you have been gifted with, I would REALLY appreciate it if you would consider being my mortician when I pass. I have no doubt that you could bring out my best features and I want to look my absolute best in my casket.
Please consider this request, it would be GREATLY appreciated and you would be well compensated.

Mike
Mike your request may granted.. Recently a local high school government class wanted a wax statue of President Obama in the class. Upon talking to the wax artists they realized they could not afford it.. So they turned to me and I was willing to donate my time and effort to the class.. I think it is a pretty accurate representation of President Obama

ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

On a side note I have done some mortician work.. There is a trend amongst pet owners to mount their pets in remembrance. I always feel eery on these requests as it is a domestic animal.. But in the end I feel good to preserve mans best friend for the owners.. Here are a few, the look on the face of the owners upon pickup is touching.. It is usually full of tears as the realism of the mount brings back all them good memories.

ImageImage
MKW
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by MKW »

EXACTLY...Just imagine the joy that will be experienced by my family and friends when I am laid to rest in the quality manner as those pets were!
Thanks for the consideration!

Mike
Ultimate Predator
redarrow
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by redarrow »

Thats looks like some of the class work I have come to expect from you pros from northern Mi. My next bear will be heading yo way fo sho. :thumbup:
Put you plans in the nail scarred hands.
Turkey Talker
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Turkey Talker »

hahaha what an epic post! great photos!
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

redarrow wrote:Thats looks like some of the class work I have come to expect from you pros from northern Mi. My next bear will be heading yo way fo sho. :thumbup:
Red I truly wish you had been successful.. I had a client shoot one this year in our area.. I tried to talk him into a rug or shoulder mount but due to the size he opted for a head mount.. A little taste of what you could have had..

Hognutz
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hognutz »

Looks like a cross between a bear, a wart hog, and my mother in law..
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
I am the man from Nantucket.
“Leave the gun, take the cannoli” -Clemensa
When attacked by a group of clowns...Go for the Juggler!!
vaturkey
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by vaturkey »

ICDEDTURKES

Not sure if you remember me but I shook your hand in Nashville last year @ the Hooks booth. I've got several gobblers in the freezer now & I couldn't decide who to get to do the taxi. work. Dude my worries are over. I hope you will be in Nashville this coming Feb. I will bring them & leave them with you. You might want to bring a big truck cause everybody here in VA. wants you to do their mounts from now on. Man Im sure glad you posted those AWESOME pics of your WORLD CLASS work. Hope to see you in Nashville !

vaturkey :struttin:
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

vaturkey wrote:ICDEDTURKES

Not sure if you remember me but I shook your hand in Nashville last year @ the Hooks booth. I've got several gobblers in the freezer now & I couldn't decide who to get to do the taxi. work. Dude my worries are over. I hope you will be in Nashville this coming Feb. I will bring them & leave them with you. You might want to bring a big truck cause everybody here in VA. wants you to do their mounts from now on. Man Im sure glad you posted those AWESOME pics of your WORLD CLASS work. Hope to see you in Nashville !

vaturkey :struttin:
Why sure I remember you.. I do birds but for the most part only for myself.. I am so busy with other types of mounts that the ROI on birds is very low.. They are very time consuming.. Here is the only turkey mount I have in the shop right now.. It is a fall hen from last year, still need to build an enclosed glass coffee table to show her off. Image

I actually do other birds and just finished up this owl for the local DNR Nature Education Center..

Gobbler
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Gobbler »

:thumbup: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Grover
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Grover »

OH MAN!! I'm dying here, this is one of the best posts I've seen in a while. Seriously, this kind of talent should shown in the smithsonian, I especially like the pres. so realistic!!!!

I want to see your rendition of Bill Clinton.
"INFIDEL"
guesswho
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by guesswho »

Is that hen really dead?
Double Naught Spy!