Uncle Ted

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Uncle Ted

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

I know alot of folks are against uncle Ted and his high fenced hunting..I may be biased being from MI.. But nobody is a better advocate of hunting and gun rights than uncle Ted.. Setting hunting ethics aside we have no better friend than Uncle Ted in advocating our second amendment right.. What may be seen as a burnt out rocker is really intelligent when he speaks.. Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzJbpA8_ ... re=relatedhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiFY9BUY ... creen&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBFDIOL- ... =endscreen

The best.. I love uncle Ted..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLj31y67 ... creen&NR=1
Last edited by ICDEDTURKES on January 16th, 2012, 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cove

Re: Uncle Ted

Post by Cove »

He is very entertaining and I agree, a good guy to have in your corner!
drenalinld
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by drenalinld »

His book, God, Guns, n Rock n Roll is a good read.
redarrow
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by redarrow »

Ted for Prez.
Put you plans in the nail scarred hands.
Hognutz
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hognutz »

I am an Uncle Ted fan, as well. He is glib enough to give it to these right wing idiots, without making himself look like a numbskull..That is huge... I am not a big fan of the way he hunts, but each to his own..He is livin' the dream..
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
I am the man from Nantucket.
“Leave the gun, take the cannoli” -Clemensa
When attacked by a group of clowns...Go for the Juggler!!
timbrhuntr
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by timbrhuntr »

So what do you think of this?

I have a few friends in Michigan and most don't have too much good to say about old Ted. I still like Stanglehold and Old Fred Bear though.

Wild turkeys and the Motor City Madman
Written by Jim Maturen
Friday, 30 September 2011 11:05
Ted Nugent was a rock star now known for his outspoken whack ‘em and stack ‘em approach to killing game birds and animals. Nugent moved from Michigan to Texas in 2003, although he still owns property in Michigan. He has a television program that airs on the Outdoor Channel entitled Spirit Of The Wild. He is described by the news media as "Celebrity Hunter". But is he a champion of hunting...or a foe?

Probably as a campaign contributor to our governor Rick Snyder he was able to meet with him on March 31 and reported by the news media on April 1. The following are quotes from the article: "The Motor City Madman has talked turkey with One Tough Nerd. The governor met with rocker and outspoken celebrity hunter Ted Nugent in the governor's office.” Nugent told reporters at the meeting that he seeks to loosen hunting regulations. Among his pet peeves is the need for a license to hunt wild turkeys which he says are as plentiful as mosquitoes. He also criticized the requirement to keep a hunting bow in a zipped case during transport. A Snyder spokeswoman said the governor called it a great conversation and a lot of fun to meet with Nugent. She said that the governor appreciated that Nugent is a champion of Michigan and its outdoors.

WHAT? Outspoken, outrageous Ted must have sipped too much coffee. That turkey license he doesn't want to buy produces $1,500,000 for turkey conservation each year at a time when conservation funding is very tight. PLENTIFUL AS MOSQUITOES? We have watched as our turkeys have declined each year throughout northern Michigan, including the upper peninsula.

Nugent is just like so many that reap financial benefits from our wildlife, including our Wild Turkeys. He owns property in spring hunting Area K. During the past 28 years of raising the funds necessary to bring thousands of turkeys through severe winters Nugent has contributed nothing to our efforts.

Ted Nugent has a huge credibility problem. An August 19, 2010 press release reported that he paid a fine of $1,750 in California after game wardens saw Nugent kill an immature buck on a February episode of his outdoor show "Spirit of the Wild". The deer was killed over bait which is illegal in California. In addition he did not have a properly signed hunting tag. Last November the news media reported that Nugent was in trouble in South Dakota by shooting pheasants after some of his hunting privileges were revoked in California. South Dakota has reciprocity with California and Ted was not eligible to obtain a license there.

After the meeting with the governor was reported we were contacted by a representative of the Michigan Chapter of the National Wild Turkey Federation (NWTF) who expressed a great deal of concern. Our feelings on the article and Ted Nugent were the same. A joint press release was issued with a title that targets Ted Nugent. Although it contained a lot of information on Wild Turkeys in contrast to Nugent's outrageous statements it apparently was not newsworthy as there were no inquiries from the media nor was it published.

Sometime in the future hunting will be the decision of the non hunters. If game is taken by ethical fair chase and the meat is utilized as food and hunters remain as conservationists then hunting will probably survive. If we present ourselves as wild eyed wack ‘em and stack ‘em, kill them at any cost then hunting will become a thing of the past, along with the conservation that hunters provide. So who presents the image of hunters?
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Are you friends with Jim Maturen?
timbrhuntr
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by timbrhuntr »

Nope never met the man.
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Fair enough.. :thumbup:
timbrhuntr
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by timbrhuntr »

I guess I am missing something.
Turkey Talker
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Turkey Talker »

Ted is a poaching douche bag. Some dick with a lot of money that thinks he can get away with anything.

Return to “Gobbler Talk”