starting the new year off thinking of turkey hunting,

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
Preacher

starting the new year off thinking of turkey hunting,

Post by Preacher »

I have finally found a person who has agreed to take the Time to custom sew a turkey vest to my personal specs. a few questions for you all to add to my attempt to get it just right.

1. how heavy of material to use? this is a lot more important to me than which pattern

2. I travel light, but do you have any items that you wish had a custom pocket ie. for me its binos, btw, I dont hunt with a box , because of carring issues

3. how should I secure the pockets Velcro is out!!!!!!!!

4. what do I NEED to decide before we chose a basic design?

5. any other input will be greatly appreacted, I will try to post pictures of the process
Gobbler
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: starting the new year off thinking of turkey hunting,

Post by Gobbler »

My favorite vest had zippers. Just a thought. It also will sit with out a tree. I think it was called a little Bighorn vest. It has worn after all these years and I am thinking of having it duplicated by a person that can sew a new one up for me. I'll make my decision this spring because I am not wearing a vest this year.

I am going to use a small back pack or fanny pack that I can set next to me and use the gobbler lounger. We'll see if it works for me.
Roy

Post by Roy »

Needs to be waterproof in my opine
" Y'all keep discussing it among yourselves...I'm sneakin' in to pop the noisy one. " - Stinky J Picklestein
Stinky J Picklestein
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Stinky J Picklestein »

Gobbler wrote:...It also will sit with out a tree. I think it was called a little Bighorn vest...
Priceless feature. I wore mine out, too. It's definitely the way to go if don't want to carry a gobbler lounger around.
Hambone79

Post by Hambone79 »

For the pockets think about magnets with zippers over it.zip it up for when your on the move and when your at the spot your hunting you have the magnets for quite accesses mine has that feature and I like it.

Return to “Gobbler Talk”