Turkey Ammo Going up $$$$ So are Egos!!!!

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
The SPURSUADER

Post by The SPURSUADER »

CamoMan4025 wrote:Here's a thought............

I BUY and SHOOT what shell I want and everybody else BUY and SHOOT what shell they want. I don't pay for yours and you don't pay for mine :thumbleft:
Wasn't this Quote Good enough for everyone???? Of Course Not because your a Special group of Know-it-ALLs!!!!!! I feel like I'm sitting at a Old Folks home on this site!! I'll not going to loose any sleep because of any of your Smart S Comments toward me so save your breath and use it walking the 60+ yards to your Bird that you've got so much Money tied up in :toothy7: ...I don't recall having my Credit checked before I registered for this site or did I miss it? Why can't we just share our success and love of Turkey Hunting without bashing what people prefer in Guns, Loads ETC? Hate to be the bearer of Bad News BUT....It still is a free country for now and regardless of what you want to think...It's NOT a perfect world!!!! I mention I like Mossberg Guns and all hell Breaks loose...Same with Shooting Off the shelf ammo ETC...Who gives a Crap?? It's MY Choice!!!!...I have said countless times that "They work for me" AND that's ALL I was saying but still, That isn't good enough for yall and you wonder why you can't break the 700 Club as far as users???? DUH!!! 699 users and a pack of about a dozen that keep the other 687 or so ran off....Why you Guys gotta be like that???? We all enjoy Turkey hunting so why Judge??? People usually monitor a site before joining and trust me...You guys are your attitudes and opinons are ruining this site and I have even tried to talk the site up to my friends and then I get Emails or texts asking WHY???? That site Sucks!!! Bunch of Rich Dicks on there!!! I try and disagree but you guys keep judging people and their opinions and yall never do no wrong!!! I will say that when I joined this site I failed to monitor it and just thought...Shoot Yeah!!! "Gobbler Nation"..What a Cool Name and if it's about Turkey Hunting so 's OK for me...Boy what a Let-Down!!!! Most of my Friends think after reading a few post on here that it's a Senior FaceBook...Their Words!! Not Mine!!!! But anyway....God Bless you all and I will say that Grumpy is the most down to Earth Guy on this Site with VaTurkey being 2nd along with the Guy yall ran off that made the Gobbler Lounger Bags ETC. Huntnma has also been Nice to me on and off this site but the arrogant pack of bashers have ran 2 more users off this site.....Tomgurl and myself....She is a Great Country Girl that loves Turkey Hunting as much as anyone but as soon as she said that her Gun killed just fine, She was questioned about what Load she was using in it...Well Guess what was coming next??? That's Right!! Her choice and hunting style didn't belong on this site but like I said...I'll spread the word about GN and God Bless everyone and stay safe.
SPURSUADER Custom Calls...Call'em in and Carry'em out!!
tomgirl

Re: Turkey Ammo Going up $$$$ So are Egos!!!!

Post by tomgirl »

Yeah,I have to agree,this site is too rich for my blood. I kinda get the feeling you guys judge people by what they have. That's fine.I guess,just not the kinda person I am.
Johndoe
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Johndoe »

Well it is clear that "with age comes maturity" is not true in all cases. All you need do is reread your posts and a pattern of inconsitencies will reveal itself.
It may well be a shame we dont get along so well, but a look in the mirror may be in order.
I have had issue with nothing, save your inconsitent statements of Cheap American made is great yet you own expensive chinese. A man chooses to shoot further than you like and he is not a good hunter but you would decoy one in and expect that it is somehow more ethical than a shot of a few more yards. You dont need to kill every time yet you show us how to cheat to get more shells in your gun than allowed by Federal Law. If its not close enough then I get to hunt another day yet you take an admittedly questionable shot with a crossbow you were not really comfortable with.
Not sure where "WE" went wrong.
Tomgirl was asked what load she shot. No-one made any disparaging remark afterward.
The two of you came here as a sort of pair and you are leaving as a pair. Not sure we had much to do with that.
You may claim we are the cause but it is clear that is not true. Its a shame you feel this way.

John

There are no numbers on any of my clocks below 8. Then all of a sudden, 2 days before turkey season they appear. Then right after the season they disappear.
What's up with that
Gobbler
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Gobbler »

I wish you both wouldn't leave and your always welcome back. Turkey hunting sites don't seem to work because there is no way to please everyone.
All we tried to do here is give people a chance to express their opinions with out censor. People will always argue over brands and products such as Ford v Chevy, decoys , guns what ever. A lot of folks think it is dumb to pay a lot for certain products. A lot don't. Who cares what others do or think like Camoman said. He is wise and has the ability to put these trivial spats into perspective.

This is a good post. Maybe we all need to be more open to others opinions. And we all should give folks some respect on what works for them.
I don't care for the way a lot of people hunt turkeys but I respect their choices. Its good to disagree and take a step back once in a while.
gaswamp

Post by gaswamp »

I don't use TSS. Generally, I shoot a lead shell, with the occasional heavier than lead shell, However, if I lived near Hal or Gil I'd probably be willing to give a handload a try. I'm not into a lot of patterning or taking long shots. Yet, it doesn't bother me that many folks on here are. I enjoy the site
HuntnMa
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by HuntnMa »

Don't go....everyone has opinions, sometimes you'll like what they say and sometimes you won't....
hawglips
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by hawglips »

The SPURSUADER wrote:

I BUY and SHOOT what shell I want and everybody else BUY and SHOOT what shell they want. I don't pay for yours and you don't pay for mine :thumbleft:
Wasn't this Quote Good enough for everyone???? Of Course Not because your a Special group of Know-it-ALLs!!!!!! I feel like I'm sitting at a Old Folks home on this site!! I'll not going to loose any sleep because of any of your Smart S Comments toward me so save your breath and use it walking the 60+ yards to your Bird that you've got so much Money tied up in :toothy7: ...I don't recall having my Credit checked before I registered for this site or did I miss it? Why can't we just share our success and love of Turkey Hunting without bashing what people prefer in Guns, Loads ETC? Hate to be the bearer of Bad News BUT....It still is a free country for now and regardless of what you want to think...It's NOT a perfect world!!!! I mention I like Mossberg Guns and all hell Breaks loose...Same with Shooting Off the shelf ammo ETC...Who gives a Crap?? It's MY Choice!!!!...I have said countless times that "They work for me" AND that's ALL I was saying but still, That isn't good enough for yall and you wonder why you can't break the 700 Club as far as users???? DUH!!! 699 users and a pack of about a dozen that keep the other 687 or so ran off....Why you Guys gotta be like that???? We all enjoy Turkey hunting so why Judge???

People usually monitor a site before joining and trust me...You guys are your attitudes and opinons are ruining this site and I have even tried to talk the site up to my friends and then I get Emails or texts asking WHY???? That site Sucks!!! Bunch of Rich Dicks on there!!! I try and disagree but you guys keep judging people and their opinions and yall never do no wrong!!!
I'd say a mirror check is in order. If you're going to bash folks for what they're shooting, you might ought to be prepared for some sort of response from them. If it's "who gives a crap" then you should practice what you preach about it.
The SPURSUADER wrote:I will say that when I joined this site I failed to monitor it and just thought...Shoot Yeah!!! "Gobbler Nation"..What a Cool Name and if it's about Turkey Hunting so 's OK for me...Boy what a Let-Down!!!! Most of my Friends think after reading a few post on here that it's a Senior FaceBook...Their Words!! Not Mine!!!! But anyway....God Bless you all and I will say that Grumpy is the most down to Earth Guy on this Site with VaTurkey being 2nd along with the Guy yall ran off that made the Gobbler Lounger Bags ETC. Huntnma has also been Nice to me on and off this site but the arrogant pack of bashers have ran 2 more users off this site.....Tomgurl and myself....She is a Great Country Girl that loves Turkey Hunting as much as anyone but as soon as she said that her Gun killed just fine, She was questioned about what Load she was using in it...Well Guess what was coming next??? That's Right!! Her choice and hunting style didn't belong on this site but like I said...I'll spread the word about GN and God Bless everyone and stay safe.
So, after Tomgurl posts that she "uses what shoots best out of her gun", it's out of line to simply ask what she's shooting? You're joking, right?

"Arrogant pack of bashers?"

Have you read your own posts? Again, I'd say a mirror check is in order.

Relax and chill out. The thread was fine till you jumped in and started talking about how, unlike you, certain guys couldn't call in turkeys etc because of what they shot, and they were loading their own for bragging rights, etc. And you said all that without knowing anything at all about what you were talking about. Bad form. If you're going to set yourself up on a pedestal and bash others from your high seat, be prepared to defend yourself from incoming. That's the nature of any message board.

And if you're going to get on a hypocritical high horse, I can't think of any hunting board anywhere that will let you get away with it, and perhaps it's best you do something else with your spare time. No one forced you to post what you posted, so don't blame anyone else. Throwing stones at others then whining about them throwing them back at you is unbecoming behavior in any community, so folks will react to it.

But if you want to enjoy discussing all sorts of topics related to hunting turkeys, and can take what you dish out without getting upset, then have at it. There are lots of great folks who hang around here, and you are as welcome as the next, or more so.

No big deal. Learn from it and move on. No one holds grudges around here.
MKW
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by MKW »

You gotta have thicker skin than that to hang around on any message board. As far as hunting message boards go, this one is VERY mild. Any time you put forth an opinion on hunting methods, equipment, strategy, ethics...or anything else about it, you should always expect there to be countering view points. Some will be harsh, some will be tactful, but the opposition always has the same right as you do to offer their opinion.
I have had several run-ins on message boards over the years, but I'm still around. You should have seen the thread on the NWTF board when I wrote that a pop-up blind serves only "to hide the movements of a mediocre hunter" ! Boy...they loved that one! LOL But, everyone got over it, eventually. I have mellowed out a LOT over the years as I have realized that everyone doesn't think, or hunt, like me...and that's ok. I do it my way, you do it yours. I also realized that, generally, it's very difficult to change someone's mind, so the argument is usually futile.

Mike
Ultimate Predator
HunterGKS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by HunterGKS »

Mike, I remember that discussion &, if memory serves, the way it ended up was that all involved took a step or 2 back, saw the opposing view, & ended it in a friendly manner. The same can be said of the dekes discussion. I also remember the threads where some were praising Nitros as being the be all & end all. What POed me there was that those who didn't use them were considered 2nd class (my words). I haven't really seen that mindset here.

Hal has been a proponent of TSS for quite some time but I don't recall him ever saying anything derogatory about those who didn't use it here or on other sites where I have read his posts & interacted with him. My hat is off to all you reloaders/experimenters who put in the time, effort, & money to develop loads that work for them & see nothing elitist or bragging about what they do or post, just posting facts & the results of their efforts. I'm sure their work has benefited many others as well. Personally, I'm not a tinkerer. I found a load/choke combo that works very well for me & I don't see the need to experiment. In the 7 years or so I have been using this combo, I have killed birds from 12 to xx (further than I care to admit) yards & never lost 1 I have hit.

As far as slamming Mossy, I posted my personal experiences with them, 1 real good gun, 1 POS, & 1 that started out great but couldn't be repaired after 2 tries by Mossy. Not a slam, just 1st hand, personal experiences.

From my perspective, everyone should use what floats their own personal boat & never mind what anyone else uses as long as it's legal. It's no one else's business. All the drama does is make us look like a bunch of cry babies & puts us in a bad light with non or anti hunters who might visit the various hunting sites.

Any way, that's just 1 man's opinion for what it's worth.
George

YOU KNOW YOU HAVE TO KEEP YOUR BODY STILL. YOUR HEART JUST HASN'T CAUGHT ON.

.17 = NITRO OF THE RIMFIRE WORLD USAF 1969-1973

Ticeman

Post by Ticeman »

First of all...it's the INTERNET...ya gotta expect some trash talking and you better be ready to take it or you might as well find a bridge playing forum that little old ladies hang out in if you're looking for the warm fuzzies.

Hunters have egos, we all do, when we find something that kills crap on a consistent basis, we brag about it and try to convince others that it's the ONLY thing that will work (defies logic, I know) so if crap bothers you that you read....don't reply.

Try not to get all azzhurt over the internet, I used to, and quickly discovered it ain't worth it.
pedro
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by pedro »

At first I thought the price of my favorite waffles were going up! Whew! Glad to see that I can still get them cheap.
davisd9
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by davisd9 »

The SPURSUADER wrote:

Wasn't this Quote Good enough for everyone???? Of Course Not because your a Special group of Know-it-ALLs!!!!!! I feel like I'm sitting at a Old Folks home on this site!! I'll not going to loose any sleep because of any of your Smart S Comments toward me so save your breath and use it walking the 60+ yards to your Bird that you've got so much Money tied up in :toothy7: ...I don't recall having my Credit checked before I registered for this site or did I miss it? Why can't we just share our success and love of Turkey Hunting without bashing what people prefer in Guns, Loads ETC? Hate to be the bearer of Bad News BUT....It still is a free country for now and regardless of what you want to think...It's NOT a perfect world!!!! I mention I like Mossberg Guns and all hell Breaks loose...Same with Shooting Off the shelf ammo ETC...Who gives a Crap?? It's MY Choice!!!!...I have said countless times that "They work for me" AND that's ALL I was saying but still, That isn't good enough for yall and you wonder why you can't break the 700 Club as far as users???? DUH!!! 699 users and a pack of about a dozen that keep the other 687 or so ran off....Why you Guys gotta be like that???? We all enjoy Turkey hunting so why Judge??? People usually monitor a site before joining and trust me...You guys are your attitudes and opinons are ruining this site and I have even tried to talk the site up to my friends and then I get Emails or texts asking WHY???? That site Sucks!!! Bunch of Rich Dicks on there!!! I try and disagree but you guys keep judging people and their opinions and yall never do no wrong!!! I will say that when I joined this site I failed to monitor it and just thought...Shoot Yeah!!! "Gobbler Nation"..What a Cool Name and if it's about Turkey Hunting so 's OK for me...Boy what a Let-Down!!!! Most of my Friends think after reading a few post on here that it's a Senior FaceBook...Their Words!! Not Mine!!!! But anyway....God Bless you all and I will say that Grumpy is the most down to Earth Guy on this Site with VaTurkey being 2nd along with the Guy yall ran off that made the Gobbler Lounger Bags ETC. Huntnma has also been Nice to me on and off this site but the arrogant pack of bashers have ran 2 more users off this site.....Tomgurl and myself....She is a Great Country Girl that loves Turkey Hunting as much as anyone but as soon as she said that her Gun killed just fine, She was questioned about what Load she was using in it...Well Guess what was coming next??? That's Right!! Her choice and hunting style didn't belong on this site but like I said...I'll spread the word about GN and God Bless everyone and stay safe.
Pot meet Kettle
milkman

Post by milkman »

In my opinion anyone who gets there feelings hurt by what someone types on a message board has there priorities way out of wack. These forums are a place to come on and escape things going on in real life for a little while. It's nice to read all the different discussions about things relating to the obsession that is turkey hunting. Just because people have different opinions and discuss them doesn't mean either one is right or wrong. I think its cool to see people that feel strongly about there opinion and don't back from it.
CamoMan4025
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by CamoMan4025 »

THIS IS HOW CAMOMAN ROLES:

1. I wear Mossy Oak Obsession Camo....Head to Toe
2. I shoot a Rem 870 in both 20 and 12 gauge
3. I shoot Nitros in my 20(ran out of 12's)
4. I shoot MagBlend's in my 12
5. I use decoys
6. I use a Gobbler Lounger
7. I use a Theracell
8. I hunt with RaspyD when I can and let him call, because he can and I can't
9. I use a Leupold rangefinder
10. I don't think I have shot a bird over 40, but it's not totally out of the question
11. I have Sprint cell service

Now you know my hunting apparel, methods and equipment. I hope you all agree, cause if NOT........I'm dropping the BAN HAMMER! :violent1:

OH CRAP, I FORGOT.............I DRIVE A FORD AND VOTED FOR ROMNEY
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"God, Guts & High Explosives"
Stinky J Picklestein
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Stinky J Picklestein »

pedro wrote:At first I thought the price of my favorite waffles were going up! Whew! Glad to see that I can still get them cheap.
Exactly!!!
CamoMan4025
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by CamoMan4025 »

I have been thinking.....we should blame this whole mess on .....GOLD HUNTER....he started the original thread and now he's peed everyone off.........he just needs to stick to his Super Duper 300 yard turkey ammo and quit bringing all of us down.........he's running out of strikes........

:o :o :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"God, Guts & High Explosives"
GOLD HUNTER
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by GOLD HUNTER »

:lol: oh that's funny !!! BUT this rich dick likes Gobbler Nation and right or wrong i'll keep them under 299 to make all HAPPY-HAPPY-HAPPY !!! :tongue:

:? Damn I just say that............. im sorry BUT YES I DID !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

oh p.s don't go away made, stay and have some Gobbler Nation FUN !!! :mrgreen:
LET'S GO TROUT FISHING
ccleroy

Post by ccleroy »

Mossbergs are junk.
GobbleNut

Post by GobbleNut »

GOLD HUNTER wrote::lol: oh that's funny !!! BUT this rich dick likes Gobbler Nation and right or wrong i'll keep them under 299 to make all HAPPY-HAPPY-HAPPY !!! :tongue:

:? Damn I just say that............. im sorry BUT YES I DID !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

oh p.s don't go away made, stay and have some Gobbler Nation FUN !!! :mrgreen:
Personally, I prefer to go away made. ...I used to like to go away made two or three times, but now that I am older, once is plenty... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
3toe

Post by 3toe »

Somebody needs to clean the sand out of their mangina. Good grief. Before you know it everyone around here will be putting gay pride stickers on their trucks and voting straight democrat.
MKW
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by MKW »

3toe wrote:Somebody needs to clean the sand out of their mangina. Good grief. Before you know it everyone around here will be putting gay pride stickers on their trucks and voting straight democrat.

:thumbup: :toothy7: :toothy7: :thumbup:

Mike
Ultimate Predator
GOLD HUNTER
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by GOLD HUNTER »

ok this video will say it all about this post :thumbup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFHJ41ktt3Q
LET'S GO TROUT FISHING
timbrhuntr
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by timbrhuntr »

Before you leave please go here and complete this form :lol: :toothy7:

http://gobblernation.com/phpBB3/viewtop ... 485#p39485
Jaybird
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Jaybird »

Jeez :roll: We are all opionated, politically incorrect, rednecks that don't play well with others at times? All right I'll give you that, but the alternative is a boring Site, where we are so worried about disagreeing with someone and causing waves, we withold our opinion. I really enjoyed your posting on this Site, but at times, some of your posting leads to responses, that you aren't going to like. I've had my disagreements/discussions with some of the "experts" on this Site and others, but I laugh it off, because everyone has an opionion. I've hunted terrain with NO cover and where no one has taken Turkeys, and I've had success. I've posted how, and it may help someone maybe have a successful hunt or at least think about how this could put down a Turkey in the future. That is what I like about this Site and others, that some aren't afraid to post about strategies or successes they had even though it goes against the "norm" or the "experts" way of thinking. That's what I want to learn. If you are looking for a Hunting Site devoid of egos, there is no such animal.
ImageImageImage
guesswho
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by guesswho »

Heck, my Ego is the second biggest thing I have!
Double Naught Spy!
RCD's Owner----------------Badonka Deke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff-------------Lighter Than HTL Shooter
The Storm Whistle Prostaff
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey Calls Prostaff

Return to “Gobbler Talk”