A Few Days with Brent at Gobblers Lodge

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
Painterchic

Re: A Few Days with Brent at Gobblers Lodge

Post by Painterchic »

I'm so glad you guys made the trip even though it was at the end of the season and the weather was crappy. As of this morning (the end of the season) the big one Yancy and I have been chasing is still walking around the best we can tell... cuz he sure didn't come home with us! :? :? :? Lord knows it certainly wasn't from lack of perseverance and dedication to the hunt that's for sure... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: I think Yancy is still scratching his head on what makes that bird tick... LOL (personally I think the fact that its a male is explanation enough... LOLOL)

I had a great time meeting Brent, Tommy and Lily, what a great bunch of new friends. I'm definitely working towards having the lodge open for Deer, Turkey and even Grouse in the fall seeing as all the seasons fall together somewhat. Personally I think the birds heard you guys were heading north and decided they may have met their matches and they thought Yancy and I just were just playing around... apparently they were right... LOL

With any luck the lodge will be a lot further along by the time next years spring season comes around. I'll be heading back to Florida shortly myself and will hopefully be returning either later in the summer or early in the fall to do more work to it.

Thanks again guys for taking the time out of your busy schedules to come up and hunt and make this "Inaugural Gobbler Nation Turkey Hunt" a success!!! With any luck and a bit more earlier planning, we can get a few more guys up this way next spring.

Tonia :smurfin:
hawglips
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by hawglips »

Excellent stuff! Congrats all the way around!
timbrhuntr
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by timbrhuntr »

OH man that looks like fun in a great location with good people. Congrats on the fun and successful trip. I was supposed to go the week before but severely sprained my right ankle (driving foot) a few days before going and could hardly walk. I had to bail on the trip. Thankfully Tonia was very understanding and didn't rub it in at all. Again congrats!
Painterchic

Post by Painterchic »

timbrhuntr wrote:OH man that looks like fun in a great location with good people. Congrats on the fun and successful trip. I was supposed to go the week before but severely sprained my right ankle (driving foot) a few days before going and could hardly walk. I had to bail on the trip. Thankfully Tonia was very understanding and didn't rub it in at all. Again congrats!
I was just waiting until you got better... :twisted: even I'm not mean enough to kick a man while he's down... I wait till he gets better first!!! Lolol

Now... See what you missed??? Lolol (If its any consultation, that really nasty weather happened the same time you and Stinky were supposed to be up here) You would have had a couple of nice days, but the rest of the time it would have been crappy...

T :smurfin:
Painterchic

Post by Painterchic »

Ticeman wrote:Is that a big ol bowl of Tapioca??!! :P :P :P
Homemade Fruit Salad...

Tonia :smurfin:
Shooter
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Shooter »

GLS wrote:The generosity and companionship of friends, especially after the loss of a dad, can be the best tonic in the world. A buddy took me on a Rio trip a month after I lost my dad and it did wonders for me. Gil
Gil, I don't think you could be more correct.
The seven hour drive back home from MS, was brutal. I could not get my memories of my father out of my mind. The only thing that kept me going was thinking about going on this trip with Brent. I owe you one Buddy, you could not have invited me at a better time.
The 20 hour drive up to NY was ok, cause all we talked about was loading TSS and turkey huntin,...lol. Once we got there, we were too busy concentrating on finding, and figuring out the turkeys. I had never met Brent before, only a few PMs, but I'm a pretty good judge of character.
He did not let me down. He is about as down to earth a person as you will find. I had no problem enjoying his company instantly.
He cracked me up though. I heard his turkey gobbling about a quarter mile farther than him. I closed some distance, and found him leaning on a hay roll across the 400yd field from the bird in the woods past it!!!
I said, what the heck are you still doing here?? The turkey has been gobbling for awhile now!!
Two hours later, he came back with him,...lol
BTW, I do not use a box call. That is me holding a GPS, trying to waypoint three gobblers across the valley about a mile or more in the one pic,...lol. Had to end up driving 10 miles around to get to them.
If you people like Grouse, this is the place for you,...Geeeez, I've never seen and heard so many.
Thier drumming was scaring the crap out of Lily. She thought they were Bears or something.
Must have seen and heard a hundred. Deer,...OMG!!! There was a Deer behind every bush,...lol
I only wish this place was closer to home, I'd be there every minute I could.
Attachments
Picture 134.jpg
Picture 134.jpg (92.26 KiB) Viewed 1071 times
Picture 123.jpg
Picture 123.jpg (80.64 KiB) Viewed 1071 times
Reloader
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

A Few Days with Brent at Gobblers Lodge

Post by Reloader »

Congrats on the birds, looks like y'all had a good time.

We call those Jack Fish down here and they definitely have a mouth full of nasty teeth. Rascals can cut line like a razor.

Return to “Gobbler Talk”