Close one at the lease this weekend.

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
Gobbler
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Close one at the lease this weekend.

Post by Gobbler »

My brother was in his deer stand Muzzel load hunting Sunday morning. As the Sun came up he saw three Black objects coming his way across the clear cut. It turned out to be a 300 + lb. Black bear and two cubs.

As they went by around 50 yrds away down wind. The momma Bear gave out a growl and the two cubs ran up trees.

She then proceed to walk up to the tree my brother was in and look up. She came closer and started to grab the tree and my Brother started waving his hands and yelling get out of here. The Bear finally backed off the tree and walked off with the cubs.

He said he had the muzzel loader pointed at her head and if she had tried to climb the tree he was going to shoot her.

He said he never felt so alive with all the adrenaline flowing.

We have a lot of bears and they are protected. No season. I don't think the FWC would file charges with a bullet hole in the fore head of a Bear lying at the base of the tree he was hunting in.

But all ended OK.
Hambone79

Re: Close one at the lease this weekend.

Post by Hambone79 »

yea dont think FWC would have said to much but never know. i bet that was a hell of a rush deff got the blood moveing glad everything turned out ok.
Ticeman

Post by Ticeman »

Yikes! that would be enough for me to change my pants, can't imagine staring down mama bear at the base of your tree, no thanks!
Gobbler
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Gobbler »

I'm not sure how i would of acted. Glad he didn't have to find out. Cause your right Hambone. The FWC is an unpredictable bunch.

I hide from them even if I see one at walmart.
Turkey Talker
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Turkey Talker »

Gobbler wrote:I'm not sure how i would of acted. Glad he didn't have to find out. Cause your right Hambone. The FWC is an unpredictable bunch.

I hide from them even if I see one at walmart.

HAhaha ME TOO~

Scary Story Man! WHAT A RUSH! Tell your brother i Said "Hello" :thumbleft:

Return to “Gobbler Talk”