NWTF

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
Jaybird
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

NWTF

Post by Jaybird »

I'm working on a project, and I need a lot of feedback. As many are aware there is a lot of negative floating around, and I need to find out what all the gripes are, and what people would like to see NWTF do to make them satisfied to the point of rejoining the organization. If some are current members and don't want to address this publically, then pm or by phone works for me. I feel NWTF is a very important organization in supporting our hunting rights, and especially needed in what I'd like to see accomplished. I would like to see along with gripes, is your solutions, and what direction you would like to see this organization go. I will keep you advised as to what takes place in my studies, and how it goes in my project. Thanks, Jay
ImageImageImage
redarrow
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: NWTF

Post by redarrow »

I was a member for many years until the NWTF decided it was none of my business how my dues were being spent. Do you recall the Mods at the NWTF forum kicking people off for questioning how much Rob Keck was paid and what he did to deserve such a lucrative pay check.It is ,or was,my money and I have a right to know.Would my wife have the right to cut me off for asking what she bought with the grocery money ? I jumped ship and headed over to Old Gobbler.What a breath of fresh air that was. Now I split my time between OG and GN and nobody threatens me for stating my opinion.Freedom of speech is not free,it was paid for by the blood of a lot of mighty fine people.
Put you plans in the nail scarred hands.
Jaybird
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Jaybird »

That was the reason a lot of people left the NWTF Site, and NWTF organization. One of the issues I'm aware of and will address later. Actually falls under a general issue of no communication, and the lack of the NWTF addressing member's concerns.
ImageImageImage
Preacher

Post by Preacher »

Too many banquets, simple solutation.

Too much garbage as prizes ( China Crap)

Not willing to listen to at least a few folks that have invested quite a bit with the org.

Lets see , I would think that most of the banquet items were donated, then the chapter buys a(banquet package) form the Nwtf, then the chapter donates most if not all the money collected form the event to the Nwtf, Then the Nwtf complains about effort , price, and local chapters keeping some of the money they have earned.

They hide things , with creative accounting, and lack of candid discloser of the real finical numbers. Ie different chapters pay different prices for basic banquet packages. Solutation : stop this at once.

Clam to be all about God and Family , unless a chapter wants to drink and hire strippers ( scantly clad , I might add) to make more money. Its up to a man or woman if they want to drink or buy a raffel ticket in exchange for a boob shot due to a low cut garment, but dont promote that form one side of your org.'s mouth while taking about "Jakes" . women in the outdoors , and My Lord and Savior out of the other side. Solutation: Make a decesion and stick with it.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I could go on and on but thats a start, oh yea one more

I think we got too many turkey "scarers" in the woods already.
pickpot

Post by pickpot »

Jaybird,
I just wanted to tell you that I really appreciate how your reaching out to us. It really reminds me how important it is to try to work out our personal issues while an active member instead of pulling out and just complaining about it. Personally, you inspire me to strive to be a better volunteer for this great federation that fights to preserve not only its members but all people's rights to hunt. Again, you are very appreciated and your unselfish attitude is not unnoticed.
hawglips
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by hawglips »

I quit a while back due to the shift from being a turkey hunter's organization to something I didn't really recognize. That along with the feeling that they were more about the money than the wild turkey. But I recently joined back after the magazine started improving and they appeared to be listening more to their core base of turkey hunters.
Turkey Talker
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Turkey Talker »

hawglips wrote:the shift from being a turkey hunter's organization to something I didn't really recognize. That along with the feeling that they were more about the money than the wild turkey.
x2 :violent1: :pukeright:

Return to “Gobbler Talk”