Dixon turkey vest?

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Dixon turkey vest?

Post by Hoobilly »

Found a Dixon Turkey vest for sale. I have one, and not willing to pay $500 for another.

its a L-xxL , has been hunted with the orange safety flags cut off.

if anyone here is interested, I can get this kids contact info to you.
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Dixon turkey vest?

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

hoobilly wrote:Found a Dixon Turkey vest for sale. I have one, and not willing to pay $500 for another.

its a L-xxL , has been hunted with the orange safety flags cut off.

if anyone here is interested, I can get this kids contact info to you.
Somebody on GON was a paying a finders fee a while back.. May want to hit him up

When these came out I was at Jays sporting goods and looked at the rack of these and than the price and laughed.. Thought no way could they sell these.. A month later I was there and they said they had folks calling from all over the country to purchase them.. I think they were 119 or so.. I should have bought the whole damn rack of um.
turkeykiller12

Dixon turkey vest?

Post by turkeykiller12 »

Give around 120.00 for mine when they were introduced. Honestly wouldn't take 1,000.00 for it. Best I'll ever own.
Team Dixie
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

I tried to trade hunting stuff for it, but he wants money for a trip to vegas?

or maybe spring break in Florida

I wish I also bought a ton of them. I paid the going rate at bass pro when they came out. mines in the 200's for the #

YellaJacket

Post by YellaJacket »

:dontknow: OK guys its a turkey vest...I'd rather have one with Hoobilly's, goldhunter's or redarrow's autograph anyway
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

YellaJacket wrote::dontknow: OK guys its a turkey vest...I'd rather have one with Hoobilly's, goldhunter's or redarrow's autograph anyway
I can do that for you :D

I used to use the run N gun belt, until I tried on the Dixon vest at basspro years ago. fell in love with it and bought it. its the only one I have ever wore that I actually liked.

Sloppy_Snood

Post by Sloppy_Snood »

Let's see a picture of the Dixon vest please.....what makes that vest "worth" so much loot? :scratch: :dontknow:
"You've gotta be original, because if you're like someone else, what do they need you for?"- Bernadette Peters
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

http://www.turkeyandturkeyhunting.com/n ... nst_cancer

only 1,986 "1986" were made.

google bob dixon turkey vest and check out the pictures. I wish I bought a dozen of them

The SPURSUADER

Post by The SPURSUADER »

Sloppy_Snood wrote:Let's see a picture of the Dixon vest please.....what makes that vest "worth" so much loot? :scratch: :dontknow:

Had 1...Was well used and when the price got stupid...It went on Ebay and $450 Bought me a Obsession Gobbler Vest by Primos for $40 and I put the rest in my Pocket and I haven't been happier..They show up each year around this time on EBAY and the price just keeps getting crazier....The Limbhanger Vest is the EXACT same Vest without the legend of Bob Dixon on it......With the economy the way it is...If I had a low Number 1 I would sell it!!! I mean, It's a freaking vest!!!!!!
SPURSUADER Custom Calls...Call'em in and Carry'em out!!
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

The SPURSUADER wrote:
Sloppy_Snood wrote:Let's see a picture of the Dixon vest please.....what makes that vest "worth" so much loot? :scratch: :dontknow:

Had 1...Was well used and when the price got stupid...It went on Ebay and $450 Bought me a Obsession Gobbler Vest by Primos for $40 and I put the rest in my Pocket and I haven't been happier..They show up each year around this time on EBAY and the price just keeps getting crazier....The Limbhanger Vest is the EXACT same Vest without the legend of Bob Dixon on it......With the economy the way it is...If I had a low Number 1 I would sell it!!! I mean, It's a freaking vest!!!!!!
they are almost the same. small differences in them. one big one is the shoulder straps...the limbhanger has the padded ones that stick out. The Dixon has the claw straps which are just the bomb in my eyes.

3toe

Post by 3toe »

I have a Crooked Horn vest I paid $120 for about 8-9 years ago. Still wearing it and wish I could find another. I believe they quit making them because I can't find one anywhere.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

3toe wrote:I have a Crooked Horn vest I paid $120 for about 8-9 years ago. Still wearing it and wish I could find another. I believe they quit making them because I can't find one anywhere.
heard of them, but dont think I know what they looked like.

The SPURSUADER

Post by The SPURSUADER »

3toe wrote:I have a Crooked Horn vest I paid $120 for about 8-9 years ago. Still wearing it and wish I could find another. I believe they quit making them because I can't find one anywhere.
They bring Top Dollar also...I have seen them sell for Big Bucks...especially the 1 that has the seat frame built in.
The SPURSUADER

Post by The SPURSUADER »

hoobilly wrote:
The SPURSUADER wrote:

they are almost the same. small differences in them. one big one is the shoulder straps...the limbhanger has the padded ones that stick out. The Dixon has the claw straps which are just the bomb in my eyes.
I stand corrected...I do believe your correct on the straps...Like I said..I sold mine and then my Buddy got the limbhanger from Wings Supply and It was like a flash back to my Old Bob Dixon vest...Still a Nice Vest but for now the Primos Gobbler vest gets my Vote!!!
3toe

Post by 3toe »

hoobilly wrote:
heard of them, but dont think I know what they looked like.

Not the best pic but only one I could find online. It has the retractable seat, etc. Starting to show some wear, but if anyone wants to offer me $500 for it I can send you my paypal information. :D

Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Dixon turkey vest? BUY IT NOW $550!

Post by Hoobilly »

someone bought this for $550 on a buy it now! :o nuts!?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/171002421852?ss ... 1423.l2649

Return to “Gobbler Talk”