Late October Gobbling Activity

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
GLS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Late October Gobbling Activity

Post by GLS »

This past Sunday while visiting Napa, CA, I was up early in the a.m. at the Christian Brothers' Mont La Salle property about 7 miles north of Napa. While walking the property at dawn, I heard yelping followed by gobbling. The activity was just off the complex in a stand of woods. Startled and reflexively looking for a tree to sit against, I saw an employee and asked if there were turkeys on the property. "we see a flock of about 20 all the time". What a treat! I also saw several coveys of California quail, another treat. It's good to be back home in coastal Georgia, however.
Gobbler
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Late October Gobbling Activity

Post by Gobbler »

Wow, that is cool. I can't wait to go out there next June.
hawglips
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by hawglips »

My buddy just bought a new house in Monterey and sent me a picture of 5 or 6 gobblers walking down his driveway...
GLS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by GLS »

On the way out of Napa heading back to San Francisco, a small flock was feeding on the grounds of the state hospital as we rode past.
hawglips
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by hawglips »

I drove from San Fran up the coast hwy and across to Napa and back down through Oakland last September. There was some good looking turkey country up there, but I never saw any that day.
TRKYHTR

Post by TRKYHTR »

They are all over out here. Napa has alot of turkeys. Hope your able to kill a few.

TRKYHTR
Eph 2:8-9
GLS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by GLS »

TRKYHTR wrote:They are all over out here. Napa has alot of turkeys. Hope your able to kill a few.

TRKYHTR
The only thing I managed to kill was greenbacks. We left a lot of dead presidents out there. Not a hunting trip; it was a spending trip. ;) It was my stepson's wedding.

Return to “Gobbler Talk”