Show Me Your Critters

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
HuntnMa
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Show Me Your Critters

Post by HuntnMa »

After seeing Guesswho's Love bug, I want to share mine too, but I want to see your critters as well....
Pets are Blessings, each and every one....even if you've lost one, please post pics if they were special to you....
My home has had 3-5 dogs init for the last 20 years, all have had a place in my heart but this bunch is the best.

This is Branddee...she was my first Bloodhound, she escaped through a fence and and electric fence only to be killed by a car...
bout destroyed me....I still cry to this day....
So after her death,I got Jake from the pound when he was 11 months old...
He is a gooood boy, loyal as can be, a food ***** but if that's his only flaw, I'll take it, he's now 10 yrs.old.
The house wasn't the same without coming home to the bloodhound Bawooo, so I broke down and got another, it was time...
She is Branddee in every way and I have been blessed to have her for 8 years now, she is my world, she is my queen and she knows it...I named her AnddeeByrd after Branddee, aka : my velvet love byrd
and then I got a call asking if I had room for a rotti pup, i was hesitant but I am so glad I did now, he gets away with nothing, I'm overly strict with him just because I don't want to give him an inch, lol...Mommy is the boss, lol...he obeys every word, he is my protector,he is an awesome dog and will attack and break on command, he just wants to love you and kiss you, my brother swears he's not kissing, he's tasting, lol....this is my Bear, Bubba Bear....
the gang
and one more....he wasn't mine but he will forever hold a piece of my heart...this is TS's dog Reb, he passed away, so sad, hog hunting will never be the same...
Last edited by HuntnMa on September 16th, 2012, 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
guesswho
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Show Me Your Critters

Post by guesswho »

First two picture's are of Bristol, she's 16 months old now. She wants to be with me 24 hours a day. She won't lay down like a normal dog and sleep for a few hours, she catches several two or three minute power naps while sitting down. While she's power napping you can't wake her up, but once she's awake it's non stop until the next power nap.
Then there's Bodacious. He'll be nine tomorrow. He is more of my Wife's baby. Where ever she's at Bo won't be far away. He does take a special liking to me though during turkey season, he's the first one to greet me when I get in from turkey hunting.
Then there was Bo's momma Lexie. Lexie was a quiet girl but as loyal as any you will ever find. She was petite but probably the toughest dog we've ever had. She got cancer in her right rear leg and never showed any signs of slowing down. Even the night she died she was cutting up with me and Bo and ate like a horse. I got her the shoes to help from from slipping on the kitchen floor. I miss my baby girl. Here's Bo and Lexie playing
Then there was Bo's daddy Lugar. Lugar was just a big goof. He loved everybody and everything. Stray cats from the neighborhood would come and eat out of the same bowl as Lugar. Lugar was a lover and not a fighter for sure.
This is one of my favorite pictures. It's Lexie and Lugar when we first got baby girl.
And here's a couple more pictures showing Lugar just being Lugar.
Bodacious and Lugar
Then there was our Rottie's Bama and Strut. Different as night and day. You would have to move Strut to open the gate, and hold Bama to keep him from getting out. You couldn't run Strut off and you couldn't keep Bama from escaping and going to play with the neighborhood kids. I don't have any pictures scanned of the two of them.
Double Naught Spy!
RCD's Owner----------------Badonka Deke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff-------------Lighter Than HTL Shooter
The Storm Whistle Prostaff
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey Calls Prostaff
CamoMan4025
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by CamoMan4025 »

Well here is Bailey! He's my Lil' Buddy & BFF! He's a tiny little guy and I'm sure I'll get razzed pretty good by yall, but oh well......bring it. He is a YorkiePin, half Yorkshire Terrier and half Miniture Pincher.

Yea, that's my 20.........whatcha got to say bout' it?

I ain't got no stinkin' license.....and it's cold out!
"God, Guts & High Explosives"
Ticeman

Post by Ticeman »

Love these threads...I miss my Rottie, love them big meatheads!

Here's Jase, at 7 weeks, now he's 12 weeks. GSP.

Go away, i'm sleepin!

ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Man o Man your gonna have this guy in tears.. Will dig through the cameras.. :cry:
Jaybird
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Jaybird »

I had to put down my hunting buddy of 16 years this year, and can't seem to get fired up about trying to replace her. I picked the runt of the litter, and she only weighed 38#s, but she lived well past the life expectency of the breed. She didn't know the meaning of quit in the field or at anything else. Tore me up finally putting her down after her stroke, and watching her trying to get up and walk.
This is her riding on the arm rest between son and grandson, as we are approaching where we hunt.
Now we have my wife's cat, which doesn't do much but sleep and eat. Doesn't fetch worth a crap, but it does set a point on small birds. Wonder if my wife would let me train the cat in the field. LOL.
ImageImageImage
redarrow
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by redarrow »

Josephine R.I.P.

George R.I.P.

Willie
Put you plans in the nail scarred hands.
ArkansasDon

Post by ArkansasDon »

Left to right Jaker Boy, Decker Gaint Rat Terrier age 14yrs, Scooter Toy Rat Terrier age 10 (our newest addition) Doc was our Springer, 10 yrs old, which past-a-way over a year now from Doggie Alzheimer's aka Cognitive Dysfunction Syndrome.
Camo Solutions http://www.camo-solutions.com
Red Hawk Archery Pro Staff http://www.redhawk-archery.com
vaturkey
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by vaturkey »

Here's Philly, my Chesapeake Bay Retriever. He's 5 years old & has more energy than any dog I've ever seen. Great dog !

vaturkey :struttin:
Gobbler
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Gobbler »

VATurkey,

Whats the voltage on that collar? I have a dangerous Chiuaua I'm thinking of getting one for. In case company comes over.

vaturkey
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by vaturkey »

Gobbler wrote:VATurkey,

Whats the voltage on that collar? I have a dangerous Chiuaua I'm thinking of getting one for. In case company comes over.

Hey Doug

REAL HIGH If he wants to leave the yard he will ask me first !

P. S. When did you start wearing a Thumb Ring ? :lol:
Gobbler
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Gobbler »

HEY! I took the picture. I can't get near the 5 lb pit bull.
slickyboyboo
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by slickyboyboo »

This is Dixie, she was the best, most loyal, and softest puppy anyone could ask for, and loved everyone she ever met! She loved hunting, and loved the water, it didn't matter if it was 10 degrees or 100 degrees, and the water was an inch or 10 feet deep, if there was water, she was going to be in it. I had to put her to sleep on Dec 10th of 2011, she had degenerative arthritis in her back that caused her to lose feeliing in her back leg and was slowly paralyzing her. The hardest thing about putting her to sleep was although she was as sound of the mind, as she was on her 1st birthday, her 10 yr old body just couldn't keep up.

I decided after putting Dixie to sleep that I wanted another dog, but I wasn't going to get one until the time was right. So I finally started looking for a new pup when I got settled into my new house, and found a god send of a companion to take home from a shelter on May 5th. A 1.5 yr old chocolate lab, Delta has been a special puppy, and I truly believe that the good lord set her on her path, no matter how rough it was, to find her way to my house. She was picked up in a neighborhood, where the locals were threatening to shoot her, someone had already shot her with a BB gun, and it is still lodged in her left side. I ask myself every day how someone could be that cruel to any animal, especially one that is as loving and sweet as this dog. Although she is no Dixie, she is just as special, and I feel truly blessed to have her.

She is so good with children, here she is letting my best friends son crawl all over her, without a worry in the world.

Most recently to come and live at my house is my GFs shelter rescue Ace, she is about 3 yrs old, and has all the energy of a 1 yr old lab. It has been tough to break some of her old habits that my GF’s parents have let her get away with, but we are making huge strides every day, and Delta and Ace are two peas in a pod and get along great.

Raising my carbon footprint, one bag of charcoal at a time!
TRKYHTR

Post by TRKYHTR »

I almost forgot this guy.
Eph 2:8-9
HuntnMa
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by HuntnMa »

I want the gobbler, lol......they are all awesome ...love the pics, keep em coming
TS, where's cajun ?
barry

Post by barry »

This is my brothers dog Stubbs, a pointer/setter cross that was hands down the best turkey dog I have ever had the pleasure to hunt with. Stubbs lost his battle with Lyme’s Disease and Ehrlichiosis at just over 8 years of age. Along with flushing fall turkeys he would also retrieve every dove you shot.

Here is Stubbs set up in the blind after busting up a flock.

I had Scott Witter of Whole Grain Box Calls in New York make this box call for my brother to honor Stubbs.
savduck

Post by savduck »

My buddy and best hunting partner the last 8 years. Cody

GLS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by GLS »

Here’s the late, great Roscoe, my 65 lb. shadow for almost 12 years until he died a year ago August. An Australian Shepherd: “Mate, put another cat on the barbee” He was the dog of my life, so far. Smart and gentle.
Fortunately, Abby was my emergency back-up dog when Roscoe died. She is now 19 months. She’s a sweet 38 lb. lap dog who doubles up as a quail and woodcock Brittany. Her first point last fall on a live quail. I hunted her last season and she knows the drill.

Johndoe
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Johndoe »

This is Panda. A 4 legged plate cleaner.
This is Pinkie. A 4 legged Plate cleaner/Deer dog training device.

There are no numbers on any of my clocks below 8. Then all of a sudden, 2 days before turkey season they appear. Then right after the season they disappear.
What's up with that
HuntnMa
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by HuntnMa »

awwwwwwwwwwww again........Bump....I know there's more critters lovers on here.
ncturkey

Post by ncturkey »

Mike
TS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by TS »

HuntnMa wrote: TS, where's cajun ?
I aint got none! :\
"Better being 30 minutes early than 5 minutes late"
ccleroy

Show Me Your Critters

Post by ccleroy »

My main man, Leroy

hootn

Post by hootn »

well not really mine, but he is crazy womans SPOILED "baby".
when she brought him home from the clinic where the owners coudnt pay for the parvo treatments and she watched him for about a week before she adopted him.
just other pics of his majesty.

Return to “Gobbler Talk”