Outdoor Shows

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
ArkansasDon

Outdoor Shows

Post by ArkansasDon »

what are some of the stupid or worst show on? We have a the 3 outdoor channels on here at the shop and their has to be some of the dumbest shows out their. Doesnt it seem to you most of them hunt over bait? Hank Parker 3-D's on and all his deer hunting shows are focused around bait C'Mere Deer. Mirco-wave hunt'n I call it. I have to put Hank Parker 3-D on the top of my list of the worst shows out their :salute:

What is some of the more realistic hunting shows?
Camo Solutions http://www.camo-solutions.com
Red Hawk Archery Pro Staff http://www.redhawk-archery.com
Gobbler
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Outdoor Shows

Post by Gobbler »

I use to get irritated with them but now its quite entertaining to watch them. I like Pigman. I love The Crush with Tiffany and who ever the other people are? I like Sasquatch.
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Its gotten to the point any moron that is independently wealthy or has the sponsors can have their own show.. Its gotten to the point there are very shows I can stomach.. I cannot remember the last time I sat down and watched more than a few minutes of the three channels.

Of course I like some of the turkey shows. It is regularely mocked but I like the format of Turkey Thugs..

Two that I love are Keith and Allen Warrens shows.. Man those guys kill giant bucks wherever they go and in short order.. They come up here to N Michigan a quite a bit where their is NO big deer and these two come here every year and manage to shoot everyones buck of a lifetime where no buck of a lifetime exists... Simply amazing.. Just might be the best deer hunters in the country

I do not care for deer hunting, but am entertained by Buck Commander.. I like the Drury Brothers, may be in big buck country, but they have really manicured their properties to shoot big bucks rather than just go places and hunt..

As for poor ones one could go on for hours.. Flyway Highway has got to be the worst duck hunting show ever.. The Fowl Life drives me nuts, Belding and his crew make goose hunters look like a buncha thugs, hooping and hollering in their do rags..
Last edited by ICDEDTURKES on August 30th, 2012, 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ArkansasDon

Post by ArkansasDon »

i like Best of the West, Bow Madness, Fox Pro Furtakers , Bowhunter TV, Heartland Bowhunter, Hardcore Pursuit, Long Range Pursuit, MeatEater, Muzzy Bad to the Bone Bowhunting TV, Pigman: The Series, Predator Quest, Carnivore, Closing the Distance, Endless Season Outdoors, Turkey Thugs, Hollow Ground Outdoors, Final Descent Outdoors.
Sloppy_Snood

Post by Sloppy_Snood »

I really think Mark Scroggins and Turkey Fever are ruling the TV roost. :o :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"....and thank goodness I had my Cough Silencer.....: :roll: :lol:
"You've gotta be original, because if you're like someone else, what do they need you for?"- Bernadette Peters
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Sloppy_Snood wrote:I really think Mark Scroggins and Turkey Fever are ruling the TV roost. :o :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"....and thank goodness I had my Cough Silencer.....: :roll: :lol:
That dude was a marketing machine.. :lol:

I do miss the old days of the Knight and Hale show when they did alot of turkey and had Walter and chuck, them were some good shows with good calling.
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Another thing that irks me now.. It seemed when Wadell did Road Trips he was kind of the first too show behind the scenes stuff, pranks, sitting around camp B.S. ing etc.. Now everyone has tried to copy that format and do not even show hunting anymore.
Stinky J Picklestein
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Stinky J Picklestein »

I still enjoy the Primos shows...I just don't bother buying the DVDs anymore. I don't mind Turkey Thugs. It's still fun to watch. I like Blood Brothers TV, and I recently stumbled upon MeatEater. I kinda like that show.
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Stinky J Picklestein wrote: I like Blood Brothers TV,
That is a very good show that I can even stand to watch when they are turkey hunting.. I told Scott to hit them up for becoming a sponsor.
Gobbler
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Gobbler »

I like Stan Potts. He is ... "Wait a minute Folks" ... "Let me catch my breath"... MAN I get fired up. Stan is a riot and kills Deer.

I got to meet him one day. :mrgreen:
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Gobbler wrote:I like Stan Potts. He is ... "Wait a minute Folks" ... "Let me catch my breath"... MAN I get fired up. Stan is a riot and kills Deer.

I got to meet him one day. :mrgreen:
Man its cool when he gets excited that one eye of his starts going around in circles real fast.
Gobbler
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Gobbler »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Hes The MAN!
Johndoe
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Johndoe »

Cant stand Turkey Thugs. I am tired of lookin at their hands. They also waste a ton of film time on repeating the questions. Also hate the shots from in front of the gun. All are done after the hunt and are of no use. Ever watch the shot of the hunter taking the safety off. What a joke. They also give a bad example to kids.
I like that Primos still films from behind the gun or bow.
I like the Predator hunting shows but they also do shots from in front of the gun.
I like the deer bowhunt shows when they have 2 cameras to show the shooter and the shot.
Turkeys out of a blind with a bow. Not so much. If they did it on their own and not some birds an
outfitter has patterned for them I would be OK with it. JMO

John

There are no numbers on any of my clocks below 8. Then all of a sudden, 2 days before turkey season they appear. Then right after the season they disappear.
What's up with that
ArkansasDon

Post by ArkansasDon »

ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

I forgot one.. I love Jim Shockeys show.. Yeah he is a little dry.. But I honestly believe he is one of few big name hunters that could be dropped off nearly anywhere in the world with no guide or outfitter and get it done.. I might be wrong but that is the impression I get.
Jaybird
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Jaybird »

I cancelled cable 15 months ago, being I don't watch television anymore, so don't know what's being shown. However, with the quality of amateur Turkey videos I've seen in the last year, I'd like to see a weekly show featuring these Turkey videos. I think that would be cool.
ImageImageImage
ArkansasDon

Post by ArkansasDon »

I cant stand the show that these host think their TV stars & drive the $250,000.00 motor home buses with the matching truck & golf cart, and at the credits of their show they say "for our fans please see us at face book" oh! please give my aching butt a rest.
Stinky J Picklestein
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Stinky J Picklestein »

Your prayers have been answered! :lol:

Sloppy_Snood

Post by Sloppy_Snood »

ICDEDTURKES wrote:Man its cool when he gets excited that one eye of his starts going around in circles real fast.
I cannot wait until Stan Potts' dentures coming flying out on camera one day. :shock: :lol: :lol: ....he's a bit beyond "strange" to me. :cyclopsani:
Last edited by Sloppy_Snood on August 30th, 2012, 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You've gotta be original, because if you're like someone else, what do they need you for?"- Bernadette Peters
drenalinld
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by drenalinld »

Agreed on Shockey, plus his daughter is HHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly, Jay. I like the real amatuer stuff.
MKW
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by MKW »

I don't even know if he's still active on the scene, but if Jay Gregory still has a show, I'd bet it still sux...BIG TIME!!

Mike
Ultimate Predator
Sloppy_Snood

Post by Sloppy_Snood »

MKW wrote:I don't even know if he's still active on the scene, but if Jay Gregory still has a show, I'd bet it still sux...BIG TIME!! Mike
Agreed Mike. :cheers:
ArkansasDon

Post by ArkansasDon »

I used to laugh when his wife Tami was trying to pull too much poundage on her bow
hawglips
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by hawglips »

I haven't watched a hunting show on TV in a long time. Just don't enjoy them anymore. Too much commercialization and celebrity hype.
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

MKW wrote:I don't even know if he's still active on the scene, but if Jay Gregory still has a show, I'd bet it still sux...BIG TIME!!

Mike
What the plaid shorts, pink shirt and a visor with spiked bleach blond hair does not appeal to you.. :lol:

I heard a Rumor how he got the capitol to get his show and if its the truth, I have no respect for him.

Return to “Gobbler Talk”