NFL

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
Jaybird
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

NFL

Post by Jaybird »

A couple of weeks and the season starts. I'm pumped about my Patriots, and improvement made on their D in the draft should help a lot.
ImageImageImage
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: NFL

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Im excited about my lions, looks like we will be able to field a full eleven on both sides of the ball after week 3 once guys get out of jail and off league or team suspension. :lol:
devastator
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by devastator »

ICDEDTURKES wrote:Im excited about my lions, looks like we will be able to field a full eleven on both sides of the ball after week 3 once guys get out of jail and off league or team suspension. :lol:
who in the world is going to be your starting r.b..god they can never stay healthy.i think they should have made a move to get c.benson,in my opinion.
HuntnMa
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by HuntnMa »

I'm excited too but I know the Redskins will disapoint me again this year, lol........as long as they beat the Cowboys and the Patriots I'm good, lol.... :toothy7:
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

devastator wrote:
ICDEDTURKES wrote:Im excited about my lions, looks like we will be able to field a full eleven on both sides of the ball after week 3 once guys get out of jail and off league or team suspension. :lol:
who in the world is going to be your starting r.b..god they can never stay healthy.i think they should have made a move to get c.benson,in my opinion.
Best may as well retire unless he wants to eat through a straw the rest of his life.. Really sad by no means would I want him as a feature back but he would make one heck of a Reggie Bush, Darren Sproles type specialty back.. Leshoure will hopefully be fully healed when he gets off his two week marijuana suspension and could be a bruising every down back..

So far the running game for what they have has been somewhat productive in the preseason with Smith and Williams looking better than expected.. Really hope if Leshoure cant quit the dope we get Montee Ball in the draft..

Than again if Stafford can stay healthy and Megatron being Megatron as well as Titus Young suposedly making huge strides in the offseason and a very solid retrieving duo at tight end we may not need a running game.

More worried about our defensive backs, ours sucked last year and we took steps backward in that area.
devastator
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by devastator »

HuntnMa wrote:I'm excited too but I know the Redskins will disapoint me again this year, lol........as long as they beat the Cowboys and the Patriots I'm good, lol.... :toothy7:
well huntma, i can see we won't get along all year lolol.im a huge cowboy fan,but not jerry jones.
HuntnMa
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by HuntnMa »

Hahaha, don't hate darlin', but knowing i hit a nerve it makes it that more exciting ....lol......let the games begin, lol...GO REDSKINS LOL :)
drenalinld
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

NFL

Post by drenalinld »

Big Cowboys fan with low expectations. Lol
timbrhuntr
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by timbrhuntr »

As a long time Lions fan I hope they do well. Get M. J-D.

However, since I have been a Giants fan longer go big blue.
Johndoe
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Johndoe »

Ma I'm with you. Been a Skins fan for years and my BIL is a Big Cowboys fan. Lots of fun when we get together. He sent me a text of some white stuff on the field and they closed the Stadium till it could be investigated. Turns out it was a Goal Line and resumed practice. Seems they dont expect to get near it so no danger.

John

There are no numbers on any of my clocks below 8. Then all of a sudden, 2 days before turkey season they appear. Then right after the season they disappear.
What's up with that
savduck

Post by savduck »

I root for the coons.

Gonna be tough in the NFC south again this year.
Johndoe
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Johndoe »

savduck wrote:I root for the coons.

?

There are no numbers on any of my clocks below 8. Then all of a sudden, 2 days before turkey season they appear. Then right after the season they disappear.
What's up with that
gophert
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by gophert »

Jaybird wrote:A couple of weeks and the season starts. I'm pumped about my Patriots, and improvement made on their D in the draft should help a lot.
I'ts just too bad they have to start the season off with a LOSS when they play my Titans. :lol:

See, I can say that early in the season because we have not actually seen the Titans play like CRAP!!!!
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

savduck wrote:I root for the coons.

Um yeah biting tounge for once.
devastator
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by devastator »

i think it may be the falcooons.just thinking?
BrentM

Post by BrentM »

Jaybird wrote:A couple of weeks and the season starts. I'm pumped about my Patriots, and improvement made on their D in the draft should help a lot.

My boy Hightower looked pretty good the other night for a rookie with a gimp knee.
Turkey Talker
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Turkey Talker »

REDSKINS
HuntnMa
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by HuntnMa »

Johndoe wrote:Ma I'm with you. Been a Skins fan for years and my BIL is a Big Cowboys fan. Lots of fun when we get together. He sent me a text of some white stuff on the field and they closed the Stadium till it could be investigated. Turns out it was a Goal Line and resumed practice. Seems they dont expect to get near it so no danger.

John
oh that's funny...saw where turkey talker is a skins fan too....wooohoooo :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
savduck

Post by savduck »

devastator wrote:i think it may be the falcooons.just thinking?

Yeah thats what everyone calls them around here.
Gobbler
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Gobbler »

SUPERBOWLBUCS. Thats what we call them every year until they end up 3 and 13 . We love them when the win and we love them when they lose . WE ARE FANS!! GO BUCS!!
Gobbler
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Gobbler »

How do you live somewhere and not support your home team?
I from Detroit and I don't support them anymore... wait its Detroit. Ha Ha Ha Ha!

just kidding I still have feelings for the 4 Detroit teams hell I went to many a Tiger and Pistons game as a younger man.
Jaybird
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Jaybird »

Gobbler wrote:How do you live somewhere and not support your home team?
I from Detroit and I don't support them anymore... wait its Detroit. Ha Ha Ha Ha!

just kidding I still have feelings for the 4 Detroit teams hell I went to many a Tiger and Pistons game as a younger man.
As a boy in Flint Michigan I was a huge Tigers/Lions fan, then my dad and myself moved back to Minnesota when mom died, where over the years Vikes/Twins became my teams. Never did I expect to become a Patriots fan, but it sure has been a great ride supporting a power house team for a change.
ImageImageImage
davisd9
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by davisd9 »

Da Bears! Have the right players to make a good year. Lovie Smith is a great coach and person!
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Jaybird wrote:
Gobbler wrote:How do you live somewhere and not support your home team?

As a boy in Flint Michigan I was a huge Tigers/Lions fan, then my dad and myself moved back to Minnesota when mom died, where over the years Vikes/Twins became my teams. Never did I expect to become a Patriots fan, but it sure has been a great ride supporting a power house team for a change.
Its amazing what they have done in the salary cap era.. Drafting and picking up players that are seemingly nobodies and turning them into stars.. As well as taking players in the sunset of their careers and getting a few more years of solid production.. They have strong leadership and are not individuals but a team.
Jaybird
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Jaybird »

After following Tom's career at Michigan, we were just happy to see him drafted anywhere in the NFL even if it was a 6th round pick. We hoped he might get a chance at a backup QB position, and maybe work his way up to a starter in the NFL. 2nd year on the team he's starting, wins a Super Bowl with MVP. Go figure. :mrgreen:
ImageImageImage

Return to “Gobbler Talk”