SEC/BIG TEN/BIG 12/PAC10

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
Gobbler
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

SEC/BIG TEN/BIG 12/PAC10

Post by Gobbler »

I thought instead of Politics we should talk about something friendly and less controversial.

So whos going to the championship round of the BCS?
Johndoe
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: SEC/BIG TEN/BIG 12/PAC10

Post by Johndoe »

Its a wasted question also.

There are no numbers on any of my clocks below 8. Then all of a sudden, 2 days before turkey season they appear. Then right after the season they disappear.
What's up with that
drenalinld
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by drenalinld »

Well duh, SEC!
Gobbler
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Gobbler »

SEC has seen better Days

ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

All signs are leading to USC making it to the BCS championship game.. Their schedule is pretty weak with the only true test coming from the ducks.

LSU is down with the loss of the Honey badger. Bamas chances will go out the window with an opening loss on Sept 1 and bascially having to run the table in the SEC for a chance. Georgia has as much talent as anyone but cant ever put it together for a full season.

Overall the Big 10 has no clear cut favorite with Michigan, Michigan state being very tough on defense but losing Kirk Cousins will hurt the offense. Even after a huge opening win Michigan does not have a chance of running the table their schedule this year is way too tough.. Wisconsin is going to have to lean even more on Montee Ball having a new QB.. Although they are not bowl eligible Ohio State should be better and more focused and can on a given day beat anyone in the conference.

Oklahoma has a real shot of coming out of the Big 12 if they can stay healthy this year..

2006 and 2009 Co National Champion Boise State has lost a ton of talent this year and are down.

So I am gonna say its USC vs either Oklahoma or a 1 loss SEC team if its one that the voters like..
dirt road ninja

Post by dirt road ninja »

SEC without a doubt. USC is over rated, I wish they would play in the SEC more. LSU is going to be just fine without the honey badger. They will be much better than last year(at least i hope).

There is football then there's SEC football.
Struttinhusker

Post by Struttinhusker »

Although I'd like to see my old Big 12 vs. my new Big Ten, I have to go with USC vs. Alabama.
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

dirt road ninja wrote: USC is over rated,
Very well may be but the stars are aligned conference games are not going to be that tough with Stanford losing everything in Luck. Oregon will be tough..

And probably the biggest thing the media and voters want it and they are starting high in the polls.. If they go undefeated whether they win each game by 1 point and if they lose one we are pretty much guaranteed to not have a all SEC bowl..
wiltznucs

Post by wiltznucs »

LSU or Bama vs. The Big 12 Champ
BrentM

SEC/BIG TEN/BIG 12/PAC10

Post by BrentM »

If I'm not mistaken, USC already has 2 DL and a linebacker injured....... They don't have a lot of depth, so they could run into big problems if they're unlucky with injuries

That being said, I would think that the championship game would pair the SEC champ vs USC/Oregon most likely with a chance for Oklahoma in the mix
Johndoe
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Johndoe »

Big OU fan. If they dont learn to run the ball they dont have a chance. If anyone thinks Bama loses to Michigan seek help. Not happenin. USC looked good but injuries hurt. Smart money still says SEC.

There are no numbers on any of my clocks below 8. Then all of a sudden, 2 days before turkey season they appear. Then right after the season they disappear.
What's up with that
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Johndoe wrote: If anyone thinks Bama loses to Michigan seek help. Not happenin. US.
With Fitz Toussaint most likely suspended does spin the advantage in the Tides hands.
BrentM

Post by BrentM »

Last I heard Toussaint was not yet suspended.............has there been an update? If he's not suspended by now he probably won't be. I was kinda surprised to hear he wasn't.
Even if he plays, it's hard for me to see a scenario where Michigan would be likeley to beat Alabama.
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

BrentM wrote:Last I heard Toussaint was not yet suspended.............has there been an update? If he's not suspended by now he probably won't be. I was kinda surprised to hear he wasn't.
Even if he plays, it's hard for me to see a scenario where Michigan would be likeley to beat Alabama.
Nothing has been set in stone as I see it.. He was suspended brought back to practice but no disclosure as to game suspensions or not.. Hoke is saying he has and will pay the price whether that means games or not who knows... Initially it sounded as if games would be part of the suspensions now it is not so clear..

Even if the kid is suspended for 1-2 weeks I can see letting him practice.. No need bringing a kid in 2 weeks into to season out of shape or a step behind everyone else.. Only opens him up to injury.. But dang let everyone know what is punishment is..
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

AP Preseason poll came out Today.. One writer gave Michigan a first place vote.. :lol:
davisd9
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by davisd9 »

SEC for sure. Big SC fan here but we are a long shot for the BCS for sure. I would guess LSU will be in the big game again. We play LSU and we will learn a lot about our team in that game. It is going to be hard to go to Death Valley and win and it is slim chance we will but I think many will overlook us. Defense!
devastator
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by devastator »

usc and lsu or alabama.oklahoma loseing the 2 starting wideouts hurt there chances.
devastator
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by devastator »

well im bad,ou reinstated jaz reynolds

Return to “Gobbler Talk”