How come?

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
Gobbler
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

How come?

Post by Gobbler »

A fly in my truck cab can fly around at 80mph instead of being plastered against the back window?

I think I'm going to try to kill a fall bird. Man I miss Turkey hunting. :old_glory: :thumbup:
vaturkey
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: How come?

Post by vaturkey »

Huntin in the fall there would be like huntin in the spring here !!
Roy

Post by Roy »

:thumbup:

Did u know that only female bees can sting. That is the ovipositor, eg., stinger. The female lays eggs with the ovipositor and she stings with this also.
" Y'all keep discussing it among yourselves...I'm sneakin' in to pop the noisy one. " - Stinky J Picklestein
Turkey Talker
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Turkey Talker »

The fly issue...lol. hey man thats simple physics right there.
The Air is not displaced inside your vehicle. That is called the "dynamic of inertia"
The fly's energy isnt being displaced in the car...
BUT, if your going 70mph and come to a complete stop, that energy will be displaced and the fly will hit the windshield.
The Fly's energy would escape causing it to hit the windshield and explode, same as if you got ejected from a MVA.
Also, if your traveling at 70mph, the "sealed" air in the cab is moving at 70mph, so if the fly takes off to buzz around, that fly is in fact traveling at faster speeds than 70mph.

lol
GobbleNut

Post by GobbleNut »

Okay,...so then how come if you roll your window down and the fly gets sucked out, there is always another fly that shows up in the truck to take his place?
....Explain that one with your "simple physics", brother....
:shock: :D
Turkey Talker
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Turkey Talker »

GobbleNut wrote:Okay,...so then how come if you roll your window down and the fly gets sucked out, there is always another fly that shows up in the truck to take his place?
....Explain that one with your "simple physics", brother....
:shock: :D

:lol: :lol:

cause you let another one in!!
You might have an old sandwich under the seat in which the last fly laid its baby maggots to hatch? :P
You might also want to spray some deodorant in your car, wear some, or just take a bath all together (they might be following you around).... :thumbup:

Whatever your problem is, there is always an answer...hahahaha :lol: :lol: :lol:

You also may need to think about Fly Management..do you own cows, horses, livestock? if you do, you are screwed. :mrgreen:
GobbleNut

Post by GobbleNut »

A bath?! Deodorant??!! Next thing I know, you'll want me to brush my teeth and wipe!! ...I'll just keep the flies, I guess.... :D :lol:
guesswho
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by guesswho »

I wish my truck would do 80. If a fly is doing 80 in my truck he's fixing to hit something.
Double Naught Spy!
RCD's Owner----------------Badonka Deke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff-------------Lighter Than HTL Shooter
The Storm Whistle Prostaff
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey Calls Prostaff
Turkey Talker
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Turkey Talker »

If you shew the fly out of the window while driving at 45 mph and up, it's wings will rip right off and he will tumble low and hard. :)
Jaybird
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Jaybird »

Flys I don't mind, but Pheasants are a bit distracting, especially when a German Shorthair is also flying around trying to kill it, and I'm in traffic going 70. Dang thing was dead, when I thru it in the back of my SUV, I thought. Thankfully I don't ever kennel my GPS, who rides shotgun with me, so she took care of the situation, but it was kind of hairy for a bit. LOL.
ImageImageImage
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

Jaybird wrote:Flys I don't mind, but Pheasants are a bit distracting, especially when a German Shorthair is also flying around trying to kill it, and I'm in traffic going 70. Dang thing was dead, when I thru it in the back of my SUV, I thought. Thankfully I don't ever kennel my GPS, who rides shotgun with me, so she took care of the situation, but it was kind of hairy for a bit. LOL.
now I wood have paid good money to be in the lane next to you when that happened! :shock:
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
Turkey Talker
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Turkey Talker »

Jaybird wrote:Flys I don't mind, but Pheasants are a bit distracting, especially when a German Shorthair is also flying around trying to kill it, and I'm in traffic going 70. Dang thing was dead, when I thru it in the back of my SUV, I thought. Thankfully I don't ever kennel my GPS, who rides shotgun with me, so she took care of the situation, but it was kind of hairy for a bit. LOL.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “Gobbler Talk”