Not looking good for the home team!

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
birddogdad

Not looking good for the home team!

Post by birddogdad »

Well i was completely setup to hunt at least 3 states out west this spring season. Had insulated an enclosed trailer for cots, purchased extra TSS, purchased my in state tags/license then POOF! The governor of the great state of WA had an idea.... Close everything down... sure i get the stay at home thing, but they closed ALL public lands in WA state. DNR, STATE, National Forest... 100% closure until they decide to open it.. Closed all public boat launches, Closed fishing state wide, Closed camping, even remote dry camping as if we are not smart enough to police ourselves.. They did leave all our Pot Shops open and public transit (ie sardine cans on wheels) as essential services... go figure!

This started me down the path of working to beat their social stupidity... So, down in CA, they didn't shut down the majority of public lands, rather just congested areas down southern state, i purchased CA tags, figured a road trip to NORCAL mountains would work... Then my "government job" set policy that if i went to CA (didn't matter that i would interface with zero people) that i had to self quarantine for 2 weeks upon return ( meaning 2 weeks extra vacation charged and off work), so i decided that was not a good idea..

Well, Oregon was my next thought and same as CA was public lands open and i thought OK.... the day i was to purchase tags/license, the Game department declared "no non-resident hunters" until further notice...UGG!!!

Hail Mary time - Idaho cant be this crazy right? Well , the next day after OR decided to not let out of state hunters, they thought "what a great idea!" and POOF! my ability to even walk in the woods to see birds evaporated for this season!

Now , Governors Moe, Curley, and Larry (WA, OR, CA) are going to coordinate how to reopen the coast (whenever they think its ok).. i am so screwed here!!! :violent1:

Never been so frustrated in my life! Lived in harms way for 30 years in the military and was allowed daily to be smart enough to manage myself, now in the post civilian life, they think us all morons and they know best... Not really excited about this west coast new world order here... hope your politicians back east don't drink too much of this cool-aid!

END RANT
jdjnicholson

Re: Not looking good for the home team!

Post by jdjnicholson »

Start of new rant....picking up where you left off. I too live in a Democratic sh!thole ran state, IL. The governor shut down all state owned land too. Some of the state parks ,that don't allow hunting would have been over ran near Ch!tcago. Nebraska turkey permit sales stopped 4 days before I was to leave and KS was warning off NR turkey hunters. MO has shut down public campgrounds so I won't go there eather. From what I'm hearing, any state that is open is getting hammered by NR and residents alike. I've read that KS permit sales were climbing to a point that they shut it off to NR. This would have been mostly residents as KS stopped selling NR permits on the net a couple years ago. My takeaway....if you don't vote,don't b!tch. If this isn't enough to make you start voting at the state level this is never going to change. IL claims no refunds to the people with state land turkey permits. That's theft. They closed after the sale of permits.
I feel you pain.
Thank you for your service OP.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

birddogdad

Post by birddogdad »

Yup., agree with the vote but tragically the left has lions share here with zero care

out here in WA state, the metrosexuals of 1 county (King) have controlling votes for the entire state operations, they are left-tards, Microsoft and Amazon driven, farmers in the lions share of our state get screwed constantly.. 4 years to retire and out of this awful state! The true tragedy is that WA is absolutely beautiful and a close drive to most available outdoor activities in America! The left is Anti everything associated with guns/hunting/outdoors and Tribe activity controls the narrative toward coastal activity! Just look at our Attorney Gen, been after the current US administration from day one, more law suits against than any other in history and our state is amok needing his proper regulation and control.
Turkinator
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Turkinator »

We have allowed liberal trash to weaponize the flu.
joey46

Post by joey46 »

Hearing of protest ongoing in Michigan. Expect more. This has gone on long enough.
jdjnicholson

Post by jdjnicholson »

CamoMan4025
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by CamoMan4025 »

Well my question is and maybe it's due to me being a "little slow".........If you go from WA to CA and hunt..........who's gonna know...ie., your work?
"God, Guts & High Explosives"
birddogdad

Post by birddogdad »

my integrity would not allow.. have never had it questioned and maybe i could "get away with it" but its not me knowing the guidance given at work.. i could ask back to you, if this were a game bag limit, would you take more if no one would know?

Imagine the wingnuts in Oregon or Ca spooling national guard at borders and prevent crossing or mandate isolation ( i e the way some NE states are treating new Yorker plates...? would be a tough one to explain on monday....
Prospector

Post by Prospector »

Feel ya. I can understand closing public campgrounds but A few hardcore hunters sleeping in their trucks or primitive camping are really spreading the virus.... sheesh! And I bet those fools who closed their PUBLIC lands to nonresidents will still be in line hand out demanding a share of my federal taxes at the “trough”🙄
“Son, Turkey HUNTING starts at 40yds and in. If you can kill him farther that’s all you’re doing- KILLING. Make him think he’s answering you, call him up, kill him closer-Man! Now that’s what it’s meant to be…” Johnnie Keel ( an Old Pro most never know)
CamoMan4025
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by CamoMan4025 »

Well, taking more than your limit is breaking the law. Of course maybe your state's Governor has passed the law that you can't leave the state, so if that's the case, then I would not go. I'm pretty much the "Tip of the Spear" here in Virginia! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
birddogdad

Post by birddogdad »

Yea Camo, don't read into that reply as something toward you... just saying in general, i try to not end around things like that...
NC Mountains

Post by NC Mountains »

Guys I am new to the site and have not posted yet so here goes. To all the guys who have purchased a license and are not being allowed to hunt we need to all start banding together and request refunds. I have mentioned to some guys around my area and they were told maybe pro-rating till next season. If this is the answer we need to refuse and demand our money back they should not keep our money draw interest for an entire year. We paid so we could hunt and they are closing off lands that we as taxpayer pay for. it is absolutely crazy to close off public areas. The liberals need a wakeup call they work for us in a democracy we pay their salaries. I know that here in NC the sportsmen are completely disgusted with Gov. Cooper who somehow got elected and we look forward to November to show him the door. Guys we need to get out in full force back the candidates who have our best interest at heart and take our wonderful country back. Its is a shame we can't go to church because it is not essential but the liquor store is! I don't know if these liberals have thought about the fact that the average # of abortions in this country daily is almost 3000, maybe the good Lord is giving us an eye opener.
2 Chronicles 7: 13-15 Whenever I hold back the rain or send locusts to eat up the crops or send an epidemic on my people, if they pray to me and repent and turn away from the evil they have been doing, then I will hear them in heaven, forgive their sins,and make their land prosperous again. I will watch over this Temple and be ready to hear all the prayers that are offered here.
Last edited by NC Mountains on April 16th, 2020, 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CamoMan4025
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by CamoMan4025 »

Well welcome aboard and that's a great first post! You Go Boy!!!!!!
jdjnicholson

Post by jdjnicholson »

NC Mountains wrote:Guys I am new to the site and have not posted yet so here goes. To all the guys who have purchased a license and are not being allowed to hunt we need to all start banding together and request refunds. I have mentioned to some guys around my area and they were told maybe pro-rating till next season. If this is the answer we need to refuse and demand our money back they should not keep our money draw interest for an entire year. We paid so we could hunt and they are closing off lands that we as taxpayer pay for. it is absolutely crazy to close off public areas. The liberals need a wakeup call they work for us in a democracy we pay their salaries. I know that here in NC the sportsmen are completely disgusted with Gov. Cooper who somehow got elected and we look forward to November to show him the door. Guys we need to get out in full force back the candidates who have our best interest at heart and take our wonderful country back. Its is a shame we can't go to church because it is not essential but the liquor store is! I don't know if these liberals have thought about the fact that the average # of abortions in this country weekly is almost 3000, maybe the good Lord is giving us an eye opener.
2 Chronicles 7: 13-15 Whenever I hold back the rain or send locusts to eat up the crops or send an epidemic on my people, if they pray to me and repent and turn away from the evil they have been doing, then I will hear them in heaven, forgive their sins,and make their land prosperous again. I will watch over this Temple and be ready to hear all the prayers that are offered here.
What state, besides IL ,is not issuing refunds?

NC Mountains

Post by NC Mountains »

I made a mistake in my first post the abortions are almost 3000/day not per week. NC has now shut down the majority of forest service roads and trail on forest service property which is what I hunt. Guys just wait till flu season next year they will try this again.
birddogdad

Post by birddogdad »

Season defining week out here in WA state.. should know if i will get to set foot in woods for this seasons turkey hunt at all.. Our retard of a democratic governor is hell bent on keeping things closed until the November elections.. He was, by the way, a failed candidate which really was no surprise..

Hope they ease restrictions and our goose stepping dept of fish and game stops drinking the witches brew that he is selling but i wouldn't put money on it as its a total long shot!

By the way, tribes have been going strong out here fishing and hunting, have not seen a peep in the news of viral spreading thru our nations with their activities..but that would not fit the narrative so...
Hobbes_mobile
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hobbes_mobile »

I feel for you man.
birddogdad

Post by birddogdad »

well i'll be darn! they are going to gift us with opening 5 may for turkey in WA .. they are saying day trips only, which will be a hurdle but we can kick some dirt !!! hope to post up some success.. just happy to be "allowed" to set foot on public land ….

WOO HOOO!!!
spider316
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by spider316 »

Great news, good luck !
The most experienced novice Turkey hunter the good Lord ever created !
Hobbes_mobile
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hobbes_mobile »

That's awesome. Looking forward to some photos.
jdjnicholson

Post by jdjnicholson »

Good luck

birddogdad

Post by birddogdad »

got out here in WA and got into em~!

looking forward to next weekend before our season ends.. came in with lynch box call...4:30 pm
Attachments
98270906_10222690762767275_2575108721046716416_n.jpg
Hobbes_mobile
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hobbes_mobile »

Congrats!!
Swampstalk

Post by Swampstalk »

Outstanding sailor! Glad for you out there! Congratulations!
Don

Post by 935 »

birddogdad wrote: May 18th, 2020, 6:07 pm got out here in WA and got into em~!

looking forward to next weekend before our season ends.. came in with lynch box call...4:30 pm
Nice! You didn't just get to go hunting you got to go killing. Congrats.
Thank you Lord for creating these wonderful birds and allowing us to chase after them.

Return to “Gobbler Talk”