Montana Closed to NRs

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
Hobbes_mobile
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Montana Closed to NRs

Post by Hobbes_mobile »

Montana Spring Turkey and Spring Bear has closed to Nonresidents until at least April 24.
IMG_20200409_125649_01.jpg
joey46

Re: Montana Closed to NRs

Post by joey46 »

There are no surprises this year.
CamoMan4025
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by CamoMan4025 »

That really sucks and it hurts Montana's economy, but I guess this virus is killing everyone's economy. I text the outfitter we are using for our elk hunt in November and she stated that this is affecting them also, but if it helps clear up the virus then they support it. She also stated that they are talking about cancelling all hunting temporarily to help clear it up. I certainly hope not for all the Montana resident hunters!
"God, Guts & High Explosives"
Hobbes_mobile
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hobbes_mobile »

I think the posted letter is where the governor ended up. That's not to say that it couldn't change, but it's just nonresidents for now. I'll probably skip the opener since they are talking 4-8" of snow with 8-12" in the foothills.

I hope it doesn't cause any problems with your elk hunt. October is a long way off.
timbrhuntr
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by timbrhuntr »

It will be my luck I will finally draw an elk permit this fall and the hunt will be cancelled !
Hobbes_mobile
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hobbes_mobile »

I hope that doesn't happen. Are you able to hunt this spring anywhere?
timbrhuntr
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by timbrhuntr »

Not looking great. Most of the places I go are in the U.S.so thats out. One of my best spots at home is on an island but you have to fly or take the ferry to get there. I can't imagine they will let you cross to hunt lol Might have to try and talk my buddy to come and take me over on his boat as we should be able to keep 6 feet apart lol The only other spot I have is a 40 acre farm that is bow only . The landowner said I can hunt as long as I don't come to the house ! I am thinking that small farm will be surounded with other hunters as everyone is off now so unless they roost on the farm they might have to get through a barrage from other hunters to get to me lol

Return to “Gobbler Talk”