IN MEMORY OF BELLE

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
GOLD HUNTER
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

IN MEMORY OF BELLE

Post by GOLD HUNTER »

Guys we just got back from our camping trip in the Alleghany Mountains at Lake Moomaw. I thought I’d take a little time and let all of my friends here that knew my little rat dog whose real name was Belle passed away on Monday, July 9, 2012.

I found Belle when she was 1 ½ years old, she was at my buddy Herm’s house. Herm’s granddaughter was going to college and she asked Herm to find a home for Belle. I had stopped by 1 day after scouting for turkeys and seen her for the 1st time. I asked Herm what her name was and he told me Belle. I said “Come here Belle” and she walked right up to me. He said that he was going to have to take her to the SPCA because he couldn’t find a home for her. She then looked up at me with her dark eyes as if to say, “If you take me home, I promise to be a good dog”. I asked him if I could have her for my daughter. He said “Sure”.

This is how Belle came into our lives. We’ve had Belle for about 5 yrs and she was sharp and smart as a tack. There were so many things that Belle liked to do. She would ride on the ATV, fetch a ball forever, sit in the reloading room and watch me reloading for hours, she would walk to give me a kiss when I left for work and greet me when I came home, sit and watch TV with you all night and snuggle with you when you were sick. When it was time to go to bed she would bark until you went and then she would crawl under the covers and sleep with you there. If she got too hot she would come to the top of the bed, stick her head out onto the pillow and stay covered up like a little kid. If you used a crow call or a turkey call she would start howling. I know the sound was high pitched to her but I always said if she howled at your call then it met Belle’s approval.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTsz7qrM ... laynext=28

She especially liked to go camping with us and sit around the campfire. The 1st night on our camping trip, she had a stroke and passed away in her sleep. A friend sent us this poem which I added a little extra to the last line.

She will forever be in our hearts and we will miss her greatly.
We love you Belle-Belle.

Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge………
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together side by side with Jesus into heaven....

:angel4:
Last edited by GOLD HUNTER on July 15th, 2012, 6:11 pm, edited 4 times in total.
LET'S GO TROUT FISHING
HuntnMa
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: IN MEMORY OF BELLE

Post by HuntnMa »

She looks like a sweetie.......wish there were words to say to make it better but I know there's not...find peace in her memory. God Bless
guesswho
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by guesswho »

I hate to hear about that. I know it doesn't make it any easier but it's good to know she passed away in her sleep doing something she really liked and with people she loved.
Double Naught Spy!
RCD's Owner----------------Badonka Deke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff-------------Lighter Than HTL Shooter
The Storm Whistle Prostaff
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey Calls Prostaff
GLS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by GLS »

We heard about your loss last week. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1959 It's hard to lose a family member and we have all been through this and will go through it again. 1. Anyone who thinks a neighbor's dog is just livestock has never owned a dog. 2. Money can buy happiness. Just ask anyone who has bought a dog.
Jaybird
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Jaybird »

Sorry for your loss. Had to put down my Shorthair this year, and she would not give up even after a stroke that crippled her, and took out 1/2 her body. Was a very rough time taking her to the Vet. We get so attached to our dogs, that they are trully a major part of our family.
ImageImageImage
outlaw

Post by outlaw »

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Spuriosity
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Spuriosity »

Again Bryan, sorry for your loss. Been there, done that. It's no fun. But sounds like you have lots and lots of fond memories.
Hognutz
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hognutz »

So sorry to hear of the loss of your beloved Belle. I know that the family adored that little dog. The memories will last forever, Brian. The time will come when you will smile when her name is mentioned. I can promise you this. It may take some time, but it will happen. Just think how lucky she was to have you..So, so sorry...Mike
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
I am the man from Nantucket.
“Leave the gun, take the cannoli” -Clemensa
When attacked by a group of clowns...Go for the Juggler!!
hawglips
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by hawglips »

It's very hard to fill the empty place in your heart after losing a beloved dog. My condolences Brian.
poorcountrypreacher

Post by poorcountrypreacher »

My sympathy too. If I outlive my dog, I don't think I'm gonna ever get another one. Its too hard to lose them.
slickyboyboo
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by slickyboyboo »

Real sorry for your loss, I went through it not too long ago with my lab, and its never easy. The good lord blessed me with a chocolate lab about 3 months ago that I adopted from a shelter, and she has helped me along tremendously. My old lab Dixie still and always will have a special place in my heart, just as Belle will always have a special place in yours.
Raising my carbon footprint, one bag of charcoal at a time!
Grumpy
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Grumpy »

Went through that a few times and haven't had a dog in years, just don't want to go through the sad heart again.
Sorry to hear about "Belle"
I was not his father but he was my son,,MAK IV, 10-15-1993 - 4-22-2007
"Rest in Peace my Little Buddy"
vaturkey
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by vaturkey »

RIP BELLE
GOLD HUNTER
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by GOLD HUNTER »

Belle will forever be in our hearts and we will miss her greatly, thanks for all your kind words guys and its been a better week.

We love you Belle-Belle.

Brian, Debbie and Megan
LET'S GO TROUT FISHING

Return to “Gobbler Talk”