Thanks for nothing

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
aristico

Thanks for nothing

Post by aristico »

Anyone else have their turkey hunts for this year screwed by the Wuhan Vurus?
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Thanks for nothing

Post by Hoobilly »

Not yet

Hoping this blows over and every one calms down
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
Chrmayo

Post by Chrmayo »

Yessir. Just hoping the guide in South Dakota refunds our money.
Southern Sportsman
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Southern Sportsman »

Nah. Me and a couple buddies are going to try some public land in MS this upcoming weekend. I’ll just quarantine myself between the woods and camp for three days. Then regular season in TN a couple weeks later. Turkey hunting involves less person-to-person contact than just about anything else I do.

My son’s T-ball schedule got canceled for the spring and daycare is closed. I usually take them to daycare in the mornings, but now my wife will be home with them most of the time. I’ll probably get to hunt more because of it. Silver lining.
I go stubbornly into error by myself, and reach my own fallacious conclusions using my own faulty data. ~Tom Kelly
crow

Post by crow »

aristico wrote: March 16th, 2020, 10:08 pm Anyone else have their turkey hunts for this year screwed by the Wuhan Vurus?

Well it almost did,
You think regular TP is hard to find, I couldn't find the camo TP for sale anywhere and just won't go in the woods without it.

but Walmart still had some of the size XXXXXX 54to56" waist camo pants on clearance cheap, so I bought all they had and right now I'm watching the rodeo on TV and cutting them uo into 6X6" squares, so it's game on.
SwampDrummin

Post by SwampDrummin »

My kids are out of school so that Knocked about 18 could-be mornings out of my season so far. Technically off till 31st right now but no way they go back till May.

I also hunt with an older gentleman 6-7 mornings a season and probably gonna call that off here soon. He’s in his 7os and takes care of his mother who is 96. I’m afraid that I’d bring it to them.
timbrhuntr
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by timbrhuntr »

I just purchased all my spring turkey licenses and 90 percent of the hunts are in the US so not looking good for me !

Post by 935 »

Did I miss something?
Thank you Lord for creating these wonderful birds and allowing us to chase after them.
howl
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by howl »

Kung flu? No. People losing their wits? Maybe. Still waiting to hear about acts of violence against people with allergies.

I'm currently try I g to find out whether an alarmist report of national forests closing is true or not. Was gonna do a Merriams hunt in NM come may.
Southern Sportsman
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Southern Sportsman »

howl wrote: March 17th, 2020, 12:19 pm
I'm currently trying to find out whether an alarmist report of national forests closing is true or not. Was gonna do a Merriams hunt in NM come may.
Please let us know if you find any truth to this. That would change some of my plans.
I go stubbornly into error by myself, and reach my own fallacious conclusions using my own faulty data. ~Tom Kelly
GLS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by GLS »

I have made a smooth transition from social outcast to social distant and have doubled up on my "Keep Off the Lawn You Little Bedwetters" yard signs and will continue isolation with an attitude. I will self-quarantine from this upcoming weekend to May 15th in the woods where I consider another person to be a crowd. Gil
Realwarrior

Post by Realwarrior »

Not affecting mine. Some National Parks are slated to be closed but National Forests shouldn't be. But as a former employee of the USFS, it wouldn't surprise me if certain districts close due to "Covid-Laziness"
Turkinator
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Turkinator »

Not me,
Last edited by Turkinator on March 17th, 2020, 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hobbes_mobile
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hobbes_mobile »

The only way it will alter my season is if I'm sick or access to public lands is somehow closed down. Closing NF, BLM, State, or Block Management to hunting seems completely unreasonable. I wouldn't be surprised though considering how nutso everyone has gone.
howl
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by howl »

The posts I read seem to have confused national park service sites closing and previous closings of federal lands with all federal lands closing.
jhogue

Post by jhogue »

I thought all my out of state hunting was going to get cancelled because of my military job. They changed the statement afterwards to only restrict official travel. If things continue to get crazier, I could get confined to the state....

Sent from my SM-S367VL using Tapatalk

sportrep

Post by sportrep »

Received my Texas license and tags in the mail. Four of us were driving about 13 hours Friday. All four of us are small business owners. The decision was made this morning to either delay, or cancel the trip. Employees and nervous elderly family to consider. Maybe later this year, or next year......
"Every time I get a dose of stinkin thinking, all I need is a check up from the neck up." Zig Ziegler...
Tail Feathers

Post by Tail Feathers »

Whether it affects me is still to be seen. The potential is there. Mostly concerned they will close the NF's and WMA's to encourage sheltering in place. Considering altering plans to travel hunt several hours closer to home just in case.
Turkey fanatic :turkeywave:
Trustyrusty

Post by Trustyrusty »

I hope they do close the WMA around me, I won't have to worry about some jackleg blowing crow calls at a bird I'm working [emoji23]Image

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

timbrhuntr
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by timbrhuntr »

Trustyrusty wrote: March 18th, 2020, 9:32 am I hope they do close the WMA around me, I won't have to worry about some jackleg blowing crow calls at a bird I'm working [emoji23]Image

Where are you located I'm thinking about purchasing a new crow call this year !! :lol: :o
Trustyrusty

Post by Trustyrusty »

timbrhuntr wrote:
Trustyrusty wrote: March 18th, 2020, 9:32 am I hope they do close the WMA around me, I won't have to worry about some jackleg blowing crow calls at a bird I'm working [emoji23]Image

Where are you located I'm thinking about purchasing a new crow call this year !! [emoji38] :o
Kodiak Alaska.... [emoji16]

Prospector

Post by Prospector »

Well, I work in healthcare and the minimum effect will be on my bottom line. With no elective surgical cases in most fascilities our companies are moving towards temporary (I hope!) pay reductions as well as not compensating time off. That jeopardizes my late April DIY hunt/camping trip d/t reduced funds.
“Son, Turkey HUNTING starts at 40yds and in. If you can kill him farther that’s all you’re doing- KILLING. Make him think he’s answering you, call him up, kill him closer-Man! Now that’s what it’s meant to be…” Johnnie Keel ( an Old Pro most never know)
jdjnicholson

Post by jdjnicholson »

Well the IL governor issued a stay at home order until April 7. I was leaving the 5th. Wait and see

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Dtrkyman

Thanks for nothing

Post by Dtrkyman »

Beside the city of Chitcago who is going to listen to that Governor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Gobbler Talk”