Lend Between the Lakes Hunter Use Permit

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
Realwarrior

Lend Between the Lakes Hunter Use Permit

Post by Realwarrior »

Please be aware that the LBL Hunter use permit WITH BACKCOUNTRY CAMPING IS SET TO INCREASE FROM $35 TO $75. IT IS NOTED IN THE KY Spring Hunting Guide. Here is the email from Jeff Land@ LBL with the statement " the hunt permit is $25 and that cost is not changing". Keep this statement in mind and go back to my statement about the cancellation of the with hunts where I stated that this was a way for employees that hunt to eliminate competition. This is a way for employees and local hunters to eliminate competition from traveling hunters.

Mr. Xxxxxxx,

The cost of the combination hunt/camping permit is scheduled to go to $75 effective May 2, 2020. The portion of the combination permit that is the hunt permit is $25 and that cost is not changing. The portion of the combination permit that is for the camping portion is changing to $50.

This price change for the camping portion is the result of a fee comparability study that was completed in the last few months.

The Forest Service is beginning to work with the states of KY and TN to ask them about changing the combination fee and revising the agreements between the states and the Forest Service to reflect those changes.

This fee change has not been addressed in a SOPA.

Forest Service Shield

Jeff Laird
Customer Service Manager
Laird, Jeffrey - FS • jeffrey.laird@usda.gov

Westbrook, John D -FS • john.westbrook2@usda.gov

Here's my Response, FYI, a SOPA is a Schedule of Proposed Action. These are to be proposed and used to make the environmental and financial assessment and to allow public input.

If the fee is being increased 1. It needs to be addressed in a SOPA. 2. The assessment needs to include addressing the fees as they pertain to Access pass holders. Furthermore this fee increase creates barriers to Outdoor Recreation for those with disabilities and/or limited financial means,. In particular before imposing the 114% fee increase you need to address and study the Accelerating Veterans Recovery Outdoors Act, https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-con ... t?r=60&s=1

This email was sent to Jeff Land, John Westbrook at LBL, as well as Rich Storm KDFWR and Senator Rand Paul.
joey46

Re: Lend Between the Lakes Hunter Use Permit

Post by joey46 »

Things just seem to get better and better at LBL. A shame. With the current crisis it will be forgotten.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Lend Between the Lakes Hunter Use Permit

Post by Hoobilly »

That’s crazy

Indiana loves their turkeys Only one tag and coat as much for a out of stater to hunt here for one for what I can get for 2 in Kentucky
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/

Return to “Gobbler Talk”