Feeding the Turkeys - Cool Vocalizations

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
Hobbes_mobile
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Feeding the Turkeys - Cool Vocalizations

Post by Hobbes_mobile »

My flock has dwindled considerably. About a month ago, we lost all 15 chickens in one night. Our neighbor lost her 6 in the same night. So months of taking care of them down the drain because of one or two foxes carrying them all back to a den full of young, presumably.
We hadn't got the first egg. That would have started in August/September.

They had all been roosting in an open shed and I had just framed up the walls for my chicken house the day before. Dangit I was pissed.

Since then, one of my three toms died. He had a slight limp one day, a hard limp a couple days later, then wouldn't get up a couple days after that. The other boys and even the llamas were giving him heck, so we moved him so he could maybe recover. He fed and watered a little while staying in a sitting position but could not get up. We moved him around to keep him out of his own mess and clean him off, thinking that he'd recover. The injury was apparently internal because he died after a few days with no visible wounds. I wasn't home when he died, so no autopsy was done.

Anyway.....the two remaining toms are always excited to be fed. They are quite aggressive about it, so my wife is scared of them. They can definitely draw a little blood when going for a finger.

OLE RASPY
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Feeding the Turkeys - Cool Vocalizations

Post by OLE RASPY »

Man I hate you lost all ya chickens and a gobbler. That sucks. Cool videos
TURKEYS
COYOTES
DEER
SQUIRRELS
(all in this order)
Grumpy
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Grumpy »

When my kids were little they wanted a few turkeys so we got 4 Red Bourbon turkeys, breeder said they were people friendly and they were very docile birds. The second year the hens laid eggs almost non stop as they are not nesters and I bought an incubator and sold 2-5 day old chicks for $5 ea.. and had a waiting list. One hen was so friendly she would come like a dog when called, great birds to have with kids.
I was not his father but he was my son,,MAK IV, 10-15-1993 - 4-22-2007
"Rest in Peace my Little Buddy"
crow

Post by crow »

cool videos, thanks for posting

I've heard some of those same exact sounds in video #1 at the Chinese buffet when they bring out the crab legs.
Grumpy
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Grumpy »

crow wrote: July 8th, 2019, 11:07 am cool videos, thanks for posting

I've heard some of those same exact sounds in video #1 at the Chinese buffet when they bring out the crab legs.

Crab legs or cat legs that were fried first to form a shell from the hair.... :toothy7:
I was not his father but he was my son,,MAK IV, 10-15-1993 - 4-22-2007
"Rest in Peace my Little Buddy"
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

We had cats and raccoons kill our chickens. I’ve shot a lot of them suckers
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/

Return to “Gobbler Talk”