An Insurance Suggestion

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
HunterGKS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

An Insurance Suggestion

Post by HunterGKS »

For those of who own multiple firearms, this is something you may want to think about.

While my firearms are covered to a certain extent under my homeowners insurance, I decided to get all of them covered individual. This is what I done so far.

1. Took 3 pics of all guns, 1 from the left side, 1 from the right, & a close-up of the serial number.

2. I cropped all 3 to eliminate a lot of the background noise.

3. I copied all 3 into 1 collage & added the pertinents, make, model, serial number, caliber or gauge. I also included any attachments such as scope make, model, & power.

I will be contacting my agent to see if I need to provide any additional info & what I need to do to get the firearms added to my policy.
George

YOU KNOW YOU HAVE TO KEEP YOUR BODY STILL. YOUR HEART JUST HASN'T CAUGHT ON.

.17 = NITRO OF THE RIMFIRE WORLD USAF 1969-1973

Hognutz
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: An Insurance Suggestion

Post by Hognutz »

Great suggestion, George!
I have a separate rider for mine. No pics necessary for mine. Make, model, any add ons and serial number. Most Homeowners Policy’s are limited to a thousand or two at the tops. Most are way less! Mine covers lost, stolen, fire.. Anything. Not that expensive. Like $1 on a $100.
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
I am the man from Nantucket.
“Leave the gun, take the cannoli” -Clemensa
When attacked by a group of clowns...Go for the Juggler!!
Grumpy
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Grumpy »

What you "will need" is another large wad of cash to cover them, that is how it used to be but maybe it has changed some, also keep in mind you are leaving a paper trail for the gun grabbers with badges, let us know.
I was not his father but he was my son,,MAK IV, 10-15-1993 - 4-22-2007
"Rest in Peace my Little Buddy"
Hognutz
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hognutz »

I can’t afford not to have them insured, Grumpy.
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
I am the man from Nantucket.
“Leave the gun, take the cannoli” -Clemensa
When attacked by a group of clowns...Go for the Juggler!!
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Have a couple friends your age suggested same thing to them. One is a gun nut loaded safe but has 75-100 leaned up against walls of his house. State worker on road all week.No shades on Windows, he's a bachelor

Another retired auto mechanic barn has a huge Mac tool case and everything under the sun tool wise.

Offered to film everything, nah it's fine. Seriously?!??
howl
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by howl »

Grumpy wrote: June 5th, 2019, 3:10 pm What you "will need" is another large wad of cash to cover them, that is how it used to be but maybe it has changed some, also keep in mind you are leaving a paper trail for the gun grabbers with badges, let us know.
+1
Agreeing is worrisome, though. :mrgreen:
WAGinVA

Post by WAGinVA »

George,
You might want to consider talking to Eastern Insurance. They represent the Hanover Insurance Group's Historic Firearms, Collectibles and Sporting Arms Insurance Program. My contact is Laura Sewall at 800-543-9326. You can get $100,000 in blanket coverage for less than $350 a year if you are a NRA member. YOu do not have to identify any specific guns.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

have copies of them pictures made and sent to the insurance company. they will keep as you should also have them online storage and hard copies in a safe.
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
Turkinator
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Turkinator »

WAGinVA wrote: June 5th, 2019, 7:22 pm George,
You might want to consider talking to Eastern Insurance. They represent the Hanover Insurance Group's Historic Firearms, Collectibles and Sporting Arms Insurance Program. My contact is Laura Sewall at 800-543-9326. You can get $100,000 in blanket coverage for less than $350 a year if you are a NRA member. YOu do not have to identify any specific guns.
:thumbup:
WAGinVA

Post by WAGinVA »

"have copies of them pictures made and sent to the insurance company. they will keep as you should also have them online storage and hard copies in a safe."

Personally I think pictures are a great idea but I would not share them with the insurance company or anyone else unless I needed to make a claim.
Southern Sportsman
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Southern Sportsman »

I also have a specific rider on my homeowner’s policy to increase the coverage for firearms. You can select how much additional coverage you want and it just increases the monthly premium. We also have a rider to increase coverage for jewelry, mainly just to cover my wife’s engagement/wedding ring. Default coverage for firearms and jewelry are pretty low, but the premium increase to up the coverage limits is relatively minuscule. You should be able to do the same with any decent homeowner’s policy.
I go stubbornly into error by myself, and reach my own fallacious conclusions using my own faulty data. ~Tom Kelly
HunterGKS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by HunterGKS »

Thx for all the input. I'll let all y'all know what steps I take as well as the outcome.
George

YOU KNOW YOU HAVE TO KEEP YOUR BODY STILL. YOUR HEART JUST HASN'T CAUGHT ON.

.17 = NITRO OF THE RIMFIRE WORLD USAF 1969-1973

Return to “Gobbler Talk”