Osceola combo hunt recommendations

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
Turkeydog708

Osceola combo hunt recommendations

Post by Turkeydog708 »

In the next year or 2 I’d like to tag an Osceola, I figured since I’ll be in Florida night as well get a couple hogs and a gator too. Has anybody done something similar and could recommend a good outfitter?
ccleroy

Re: Osceola combo hunt recommendations

Post by ccleroy »

Osceola Outdoors.
joey46

Post by joey46 »

Their name always comes up and few have anything bad to say about them on the local forums. I'm sure there are other reliable outfitters out there but most of the hog hunts many places are usually a hoot. Some areas are so overrun with pigs that the trap, relocate, and then shoot in areas where you'll see a lot of fences is very common. The ranchers don't care they just want the pigs gone. Gators are by permit (I think) and won't be cheap. I don't know what I'd do with a gator anyway. It is now their breeding season so they are chasing joggers, eating small dogs, and swimming in back yard pools. Florida is always interesting. Good luck.
Add - the classified section of NWTF Turkey Country has several FL listings. Might start an on line search. Many will say "hurry up" they fill up fast. BS - with hunts $2500 and up they'll usually squeeze you in. LOL. Of course there is a $3000 one bird PA hunt listed in these classifieds. I'm reading that twice but it still says $3000 for a mornings only one bird hunt in PA. Must come with "Robert Kraft" type benefits. Geez!
Last edited by joey46 on May 16th, 2019, 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
trkykilr

Post by trkykilr »

Where have you seen the negative reviews of Osceola Outdoors?
Jstocks

Post by Jstocks »

If you want hogs, make sure you research the area you go to. Not all areas of South Florida have high hog numbers. I did not see any hog sign whatsoever, nor has the ranch owner seen any hogs on his place. Claims the panthers have killed them? All I know is that I have lived in the South my whole life and I know hog sign when I see it. Zero sign. I was pleasantly surprised.

I did kill a turkey in the first 20 minutes of my hunt. There were 4 of us hunting. Everyone killed by noon the first day.
Jstocks

Post by Jstocks »

Also, be careful who you book with.
Not all “outfitters” are upstanding citizens.
Check all references, google their name, do some research before spending this type money. You will be glad you did.

Post is not specific to the outfitter mentioned in the above post, so don’t read it that way.

I’ll send you a pm privately to share my good experience with you. He may have hogs on a different place than where I hunted. I am not sure.
joey46

Post by joey46 »

trkykilr wrote: May 16th, 2019, 10:54 am Where have you seen the negative reviews of Osceola Outdoors?
Nothing specific from here either. No outfitter pleases everyone every time. "Osceola" is used in the name of several different companies so one groups' performance can spill over to those deserved or not, good or bad. Pays to know who you are actually booking with. Without looking hard can find at least three using " Osceola" in some way.

On my original comment I Left out "anything" in the first sentence. Oopsie. Corrected.

Return to “Gobbler Talk”