Day 3, 04/24, of the 2019 Ohio Spring Turkey Season.

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
HunterGKS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Day 3, 04/24, of the 2019 Ohio Spring Turkey Season.

Post by HunterGKS »

Today started out on a high note. I haven’t been sleeping well for a couple of weeks so,
when I woke up this morning & looked at the alarm clock, I expected to see 2 or 3 o’clock.
What I saw was 05:14 which, within seconds, changed to 05:15 & the alarm went off. I had
actually slept the whole night through. YIPPEE!!

I was ready to go at 06:30 with clear skies, a few stars a half moon, & no wind. At 06:30, I
sent out a few trees calls & heard………………silence & it wasn’t golden. At 07:00 I heard a
faint gobble off to the NW. He responded a few times & then stopped gobbling. At 07:01,
I saw a bird walking west along the edge of the woods, stopping when I called but then
continuing on. I’m not sure but I think it was a hen or jake. It certainly wasn’t Frischs.
At 07:30 he responded & was closer.

At 07:35, I caught movement to my right. The heart started double timing until a freaking
doe stepped into the open followed by 6 more. The saw the dekes & weren’t sure what to
do except do the 1 footed stomp. They finally moved to the edge of the woods & started
walking west. At 07:55, something spooked them & they ran across the green field heading
W.

At 07:43, the bird gobbled again a little closer & gobbled again at 07:47 from the same spot,
which turned out to be the last gobble. 2 squirrels also showed up playing “tag” right in
front of me. 2 more came out soon after.

I headed in at 11:00 with some clouds building, a temp of 54, & a back that was starting to bark.
There’s always tomorrow!!
George

YOU KNOW YOU HAVE TO KEEP YOUR BODY STILL. YOUR HEART JUST HASN'T CAUGHT ON.

.17 = NITRO OF THE RIMFIRE WORLD USAF 1969-1973

OLE RASPY
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Day 3, 04/24, of the 2019 Ohio Spring Turkey Season.

Post by OLE RASPY »

Dang George. Is he the only gobbler you getting on camera?
TURKEYS
COYOTES
DEER
SQUIRRELS
(all in this order)

Return to “Gobbler Talk”