Datum it!!

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
Cut N Run

Datum it!!

Post by Cut N Run »

First decent weather today, so I'm trying that bird on the big farm who hung up so bad on the logging road at the bottom of the bowl in the open hardwaads. He gobbled on the ground At 7:00 and jumped all over my calls, then skirted the ridge behind me looking for and calling the hen. He didn't make me, but he looked over the bottom hard. He left the property so I cannot circle ahead of him. Bastard. Maybe he'll come back later.

Jim
BrowningGuy88

Re: Datum it!!

Post by BrowningGuy88 »

Well, he’ll be a fun one to stand on his neck!

Those are the ones I actually enjoy the killing part...

Turkey hunting is 95% interactions and getting birds in range. That other 5% is shooting one like that in the face!
Cut N Run

Post by Cut N Run »

Had a different bird gobble from the creek bottom & called him in. Looked like a good 'un so I busted him @28 yards. 11 inch beard 1 inch spurs. He'll do fine. I might tag team that other bird with my best friend when he gets into town. Pics later.

Jim
BrowningGuy88

Post by BrowningGuy88 »

Congrats!
Clydetaylor

Post by Clydetaylor »

Some time you win some times the gobbler wins. That's what keeps us comming back. Good deal on your bird !!!!
soiltester
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by soiltester »

Now that's stickin' with it … congrats :thumbup:

Can't wait to see both toms pics. later!! ;)
ever wonder where the white goes when the snow melts??
Hognutz
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hognutz »

Way to go, Jim. Congrats.
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
I am the man from Nantucket.
“Leave the gun, take the cannoli” -Clemensa
When attacked by a group of clowns...Go for the Juggler!!
MAK

Post by MAK »

Good bird, now get u r buddy and go get that other one show him who’s boss - good luck
MAK
Cut N Run

Post by Cut N Run »

It's beyond personal at this point. That son of a gun used a ridge to skirt around me today. If he'd done that last year, I'd a smoked him from where I was set up then. It's almost like I've got a force field he won't penetrate. He's not making me crazy, buy he's definitely making me mad. Gotta admire his survival instinct though. They don't get old by being stupid.

Jim
SwampDrummin

Post by SwampDrummin »

Cut N Run wrote: April 15th, 2019, 5:13 pm It's beyond personal at this point. That son of a gun used a ridge to skirt around me today. If he'd done that last year, I'd a smoked him from where I was set up then. It's almost like I've got a force field he won't penetrate. He's not making me crazy, buy he's definitely making me mad. Gotta admire his survival instinct though. They don't get old by being stupid.

Jim
I found one of these today but just at the end of my Mississippi season. Have fun with your Devil turkey 😓

Return to “Gobbler Talk”