A few of my most memorable.

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
southpaw

A few of my most memorable.

Post by southpaw »

First would be my first one. My old stevens pump with 1.25 oz #6 shot reloads. Shot at about 25 yards at fly down. He ran right to me in the woods.

Next would be watching my Dad shoot his first. Not much calling but more setting up in front of him. He got him. Double beard.

Then he did it again. Scared one off of roost, sat there and called one in. Watched my Dads barrel move all over but he got him. Another double beard.

Next would be with my 410 with lead. Got him at 22 yards. Had to get in front of him and wait but got him.

An honorable mention would be the one that I had to chase down for a mile (<100 yards). Glad no one caught that one on camera!

Hand one that I called off the roost that my Dad should have been there for but he wanted to sleep in. I just sat in a spot to listen but happened to be < 100 yards from the bird. I flew down with hens about 40 yards from me and he came right to me.

Lets here your most memorable stories.
southpaw

Re: A few of my most memorable.

Post by southpaw »

Perhaps this was already talked about. I tend to spend more time outside than online.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

I have had many memorable moments. Several moments that stand out are with my dad. One of which he had one game ear and thought the gobbler was coming straight at him. I had to put my hand over his right shoulder and point hard left. When he seen it I felt him stiffen up. From me talking about turkey hunting he knew to love when it walked behind a tree. It was a goodn.

Another one had 1.5” spurs. Had taken my nephew and my dad both. Nephew wanted to kill one. When the Tom gobbled and stepped out of the woods my dad got excited and asked if he could shoot it. My nephew handed the gun to his grandpa. Man the spurs!
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

Last years gobbler he killed had no spurs..

I exclaimed to him that he had killed the longest spurs and the shortest spurred gobblers I’ve ever seen in person 😆

BrowningGuy88

Post by BrowningGuy88 »

My first one was memorable because, well it was my first!

The first two I killed alone when I was 12. My granddad and his brother had been hunting these all season. It was the last weekend of season and they let me go at them alone. I killed one each Saturday and Sunday morning that weekend. Identical birds. 1-1/2” razor spurs and 10” beards. You could have heard a pin drop when I throwed the beards and spurs down on the coffee table that Sunday morning!

There have been dozens more and they all have a memory, but mostly I remember who I was with, who I got on their first bird, which ones drove me nuts before I killed him, etc. Mostly gone are the memories of the dumb 2 year olds.
MKW
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by MKW »

At this point, any one that I can remember is good. They tend to all run together in my mind.
Ultimate Predator
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

MKW wrote: April 6th, 2019, 11:31 pm At this point, any one that I can remember is good. They tend to all run together in my mind.
I love how something will trigger my memory bank and I remember a moment or something specials that happened in the turkey woods.

Return to “Gobbler Talk”