Spankin 'em in Florida!

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
hookspur

Spankin 'em in Florida!

Post by hookspur »

Just checking in. We are having wonderful weather and tremendous success down here in Florida. My guided clients have killed 12 birds in only 8 days!! Still have lots of tom's running around, so if anyone is interested in a flash Osceola hunt before I head north on April 7th, don't hesitate to send me a pm. Hope everyone hunting is doing as well, and for those still awaiting opening day, hang in there...it won't be long!!
Grumpy
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Spankin 'em in Florida!

Post by Grumpy »

April 13, here and called my rancher landowner today and of coarse he said "go ahead" and there will be 2 other hunter in there sometime opening weekend but that's fine they are there every year too but always hunt the opposite side of the main road.
I was not his father but he was my son,,MAK IV, 10-15-1993 - 4-22-2007
"Rest in Peace my Little Buddy"
Patoad

Post by Patoad »

wish I could come back and tag another one Doc!!!! Anyone wanting an Osceola can’t go wrong with this opportunity!
Eric
soiltester
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by soiltester »

Congrats on a great year fer' ya' so far!! :thumbup:
How ya' doin' in yer' swamp huntin' ??

Yer' tempting me but my farmer buddy will be puttin' his fishing boat up soon and headed back to Michigan. ;)

We'll wait till' next year and the toms will be older, and none the wiser that way .. AND also we can do a cast before & blast headed back home :thumbup: :cheers:
ever wonder where the white goes when the snow melts??
hookspur

Post by hookspur »

It's a good thing you're already locked in for 2020, Charlie.We're good where we're at, but next year I'm gonna have to bump my prices to help offset these guys that don't tip. I know how hard I bust my hump to make these hunts work, so after hearing that most guides get an extra 15-20% in tips, I'm feeling a little underappreciated.
jryser

Post by jryser »

hookspur wrote:It's a good thing you're already locked in for 2020, Charlie.We're good where we're at, but next year I'm gonna have to bump my prices to help offset these guys that don't tip. I know how hard I bust my hump to make these hunts work, so after hearing that most guides get an extra 15-20% in tips, I'm feeling a little underappreciated.
That would not happen if I was with you. I’m sorry to hear that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
soiltester
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by soiltester »

hookspur wrote: March 30th, 2019, 11:35 am It's a good thing you're already locked in for 2020, Charlie.We're good where we're at, but next year I'm gonna have to bump my prices to help offset these guys that don't tip. I know how hard I bust my hump to make these hunts work, so after hearing that most guides get an extra 15-20% in tips, I'm feeling a little underappreciated.
Ya' mean I need to tip????? :shock:
Shoot, yer' sawin' logs most all the time :LMAO:
hookspur

Post by hookspur »

That's cuz I'm so worn out from carryin you around! 😜
soiltester
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by soiltester »

hookspur wrote: March 30th, 2019, 5:23 pm
That's cuz I'm so worn out from carryin you around! 😜
Easy now Doc .. ya' carried all the equipment around and not me .. but I know you would've if you could've . :thumbup: :thumbup:
MAK

Post by MAK »

Great job
MAK
RapscallionVermilion

Post by RapscallionVermilion »

Good to hear it Doc, except for the no-tipping part. Don't get that.
Fatmo

Post by Fatmo »

hookspur wrote: March 30th, 2019, 11:35 am It's a good thing you're already locked in for 2020, Charlie.We're good where we're at, but next year I'm gonna have to bump my prices to help offset these guys that don't tip. I know how hard I bust my hump to make these hunts work, so after hearing that most guides get an extra 15-20% in tips, I'm feeling a little underappreciated.
AGREE! They have no idea the time you put into it. If the trigger is tripped that should be a given. If it is a DIY or they drop you off the % drops in my opinion.
soiltester
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by soiltester »

Fatmo wrote: April 1st, 2019, 9:44 am
AGREE! They have no idea the time you put into it. If the trigger is tripped that should be a given. If it is a DIY or they drop you off the % drops in my opinion.
I've only had one outfitter have a % of a tip writing when signing up/off on the hunt & liability and was dropped off and hunted alone. ;)
Other than that, I only tipped guides and camp & transportation help. :thumbup:

I believe Doc has tipping situation solved already :cheers:

Makes my Mexico trips look like a bargin !!! :thumbup:
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Docs right getting stiffed upsets you. Folks don't realize what goes on behind the scenes, scouting, hanging stands shaggin corn for deer, cooking cleaning, wear on vehicle.

Your the first one up, tripping coffee pot at 4, hunt all day roost then entertain til late.

One thing I found the best tippers were the blue collar guys that save for years to go, most ask, how much should I tip, how was your experience, they tip well.

The rich guys you think will tip well, normally don't appreciate and tip worse ime.

One thing that baffled me, get a guy his bird first morning
Tips light, because you only hunted a few hours. What is the difference you kill day one or 3 . You scored. I'd never do it but you wish you garholed them for two days and score on third

Return to “Gobbler Talk”