No unnecessary risk

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
coconut

No unnecessary risk

Post by coconut »

5 days until season starts here. Not climbing any ladders due to fall risk. If I see someone sneeze or cough I go way around- flu has been in area. Checking restaurant scores carefully before eating-don’t have time for stomach issues. Not touching anything that could injure my trigger finger. Wife thinks I am crazy but she rolls her eyes when I do my best fly down cackle so she is obviously a little off. Wonder what I maybe overlooking?
Hobbes

Re: No unnecessary risk

Post by Hobbes »

Easiest way to make sure no stomach issues is to do a nice colon cleanse for the next 4 days. That way you completely empty yourself of every spec. Hang on for the next 4. 😂
GobbleNut

Post by GobbleNut »

:lol: It's amazing how we get panicky about every little sneeze or cough right before the season. No doubt some guys make themselves sick worrying about getting sick!
soiltester
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by soiltester »

With 8 days to go here, my wife's sneezin' & coughin' almost 24 hrs a day right now !! :banghead:

37 degrees this am .. just beautiful turkey hunting for us for this time of the year!! :stir:

Havn't had a single hen come migrating in yet to nest as we always have 4 or 5 by now :shock:
ever wonder where the white goes when the snow melts??
howl
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by howl »

I do a lot of field work. There's no telling where I'll get lunch. I have had food poisoning so many times I've lost count. Been on the floor of a hotel room so sick I couldn't crawl back to bed more than once. Never really worried about it. Norovirus damn near killed my whole family about a year ago. It was a shrimp hut or something in Evergreen, AL. Apparently I spent some time passed out on the side of the road. We all went to the ER. The middle child spent a week in the hospital.

Since then I've taken to using a lysol wipe on everything, including hands and food containers, every time I go to a gas station or restaurant. I even take a lysol wipe IN a restaurant. Haven't even had the trots since, which is unusual really. FYI: To be sure about stomach bugs everyone must scrub there hands under hot water for a full minute or soak them with something like lysol fully wet and let it dry. People in restaurants don't have time to do that. A minute is a long time some times. And how many times have you been in a restroom that didn't have hot water?

And I set the thermostat over the winter to 65. I think one kid got sick once this year. Big difference from every other year. The wife is a nurse who brings germs home all the time.

Turn your tstat down. Please everyone wash your hands.
coconut

Post by coconut »

soiltester wrote: March 12th, 2019, 8:56 am With 8 days to go here, my wife's sneezin' & coughin' almost 24 hrs a day right now !! :banghead:

37 degrees this am .. just beautiful turkey hunting for us for this time of the year!! :stir:

Havn't had a single hen come migrating in yet to nest as we always have 4 or 5 by now :shock:
Definitely quarantine her!
coconut

Post by coconut »

Hobbes wrote: March 12th, 2019, 8:38 am Easiest way to make sure no stomach issues is to do a nice colon cleanse for the next 4 days. That way you completely empty yourself of every spec. Hang on for the next 4. 😂
Think you might be trying to point me in the wrong direction
GLS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by GLS »

Avoid folks with the common cold. It's nothing like going turkey hunting with a stopped-up head and ears.
brobi9

Post by brobi9 »

Unfortunately for me, I work in a hospital and all these folks have some kind of bug. At this point though, it’s gotta be a nasty critter to get me sick.. but seems like one of them get me every year
ylpnfol

Post by ylpnfol »

Im a germaphobe myself, if someone brings the sickness into work, I break out the lysol, and I go thru a lot of hand sanitizer, but if I set the thermostat at 65 I wouldn't have to worry about the wife, she wouldn't be here....
you never know, unless you go

David
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Food poison sucks. I read most that think they have a bug have food poisoning.

I've had it a handful of times, one time I got constipated with it. I took milk of magnesia, literally rocket man on toilet.Needed a handle

Sal got it few years back at convention,, fortunate a friend had ivs.

Knock on wood I inherited dad's immune system. He never got sick. I can be around people hacking sneezing and I avoid it. Dad refuses hand sanitizer, says the more you run into, builds your system
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

ICDEDTURKES wrote: March 17th, 2019, 8:28 pm Food poison sucks. I read most that think they have a bug have food poisoning.

I've had it a handful of times, one time I got constipated with it. I took milk of magnesia, literally rocket man on toilet.Needed a handle

Sal got it few years back at convention,, fortunate a friend had ivs.

Knock on wood I inherited dad's immune system. He never got sick. I can be around people hacking sneezing and I avoid it. Dad refuses hand sanitizer, says the more you run into, builds your system
and thats the truth
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/

Return to “Gobbler Talk”