Is It Spring Yet?

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
Hobbes

Is It Spring Yet?

Post by Hobbes »

Winter started off mild, but February is still making us pay for it. Come on March, help us out.

timbrhuntr
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Is It Spring Yet?

Post by timbrhuntr »

I hear your being sold to the great white north so its just gonna get colder lol
Hobbes

Post by Hobbes »

timbrhuntr wrote: February 23rd, 2019, 10:46 am I hear your being sold to the great white north so its just gonna get colder lol
:mrgreen:
Grumpy
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Grumpy »

Zero visibility this morning, snowing pitchforks and ax handles now backed with a 40-50 mph breeze and the snow we had it moving to the east. I can't see the house across the street and I haven't even had a glass of whisky yet.
I was not his father but he was my son,,MAK IV, 10-15-1993 - 4-22-2007
"Rest in Peace my Little Buddy"
howl
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by howl »

Gotta go dig a couple post holes this afternoon. Not looking forward to it, probably start sweating in a T-shirt.
Tail Feathers

Post by Tail Feathers »

:wave: 65 right now. The rain finally stopped.

Yeh Grumpy, I'm rubbing it in. :P
Turkey fanatic :turkeywave:
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

welcome to Indiana! :LMAO:

buddy of mine had a dog pass away

said he had to bury it and the frost was only about 4 inches deep. once past the frost the dirt was soft and he had worms

he told me spring is here. still a little cold with a drop back down to 26 for monday but we have faith
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
appalachianassassin
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by appalachianassassin »

Maybe in Florida
El Sicario
ddturkeyhunter

Post by ddturkeyhunter »

Grumpy wrote: February 23rd, 2019, 12:49 pm Zero visibility this morning, snowing pitchforks and ax handles now backed with a 40-50 mph breeze and the snow we had it moving to the east. I can't see the house across the street and I haven't even had a glass of whisky yet.

I think your snow is now piling up in my driveway, but I suppose I have to accept it. Because a lot of my snow on the other side of the house is headed out of state to WI. With blizzard conditions out side all I can do is sit inside and dream about florida. Buddy texted me from turkey camp this more saying its going to be 87 today, and they were gobbleing this morning.
Grumpy
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Grumpy »

I got a drift in my driveway this morning tall enough to ski down, wind quit and 8 below with big drifts on the southeast side of everything in sight
I was not his father but he was my son,,MAK IV, 10-15-1993 - 4-22-2007
"Rest in Peace my Little Buddy"
Hobbes

Post by Hobbes »

Just started snowing here this morning, but not much accumulation yet. Forecast says 12 to 18 between now and Tuesday, but I suspect those numbers may be a little higher elevation than where I'm located. We shall see.
Cut N Run

Post by Cut N Run »

Peepers singing and daffodils flowering here. Thankful it hasn't been cold enough to snow, or we'd have a pile of it from all the rain we had this week. The river is muddy enough to plow. Every day is getting closer to turkey season.

Jim
timbrhuntr
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by timbrhuntr »

Went past the older ladies house on my way for coffee yesterday and 12 toms walked across the road in front of me as I got to her yard 8 hens were feeding at her feeder they all looked very healthy ! Winds gusting over 60 mph here today! Hopefully no power lines get knocked out as its supposed to get cold and start to snow . Driving to Milwaukee next week with my daughter so that should be fun.

Return to “Gobbler Talk”