Weird Experience Today

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Weird Experience Today

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Believe me not looking for a Pat on the back, hopefully anyone would do. but this was one of the craziest things I've experienced

So sal and I are headed down a rarely used dirt back road headed to a lil bakery. We're in the middle of nowhere. There is an old guy probably 85 walking down the middle road, never moved over. Stop thinking broke down nextnext road no cell phone. Ask him if he's alright super slurred headed to Cadillac for beans, "I'm like that's 20 miles" asked the mumbled something slurred words. Thinking he's intoxicated I lean out window get a sniff, youd have to be on heavy stuff some heavy liquor and you'd smell it. He goes my house is right there. It's about 200 yards.

So we say we'll go to your house It's a crappy old dilapidated trailer you would find abandoned. So wedrive away and debate what to do, call 911 walk him home.

So we decide to go around the mile section and come down a road that faces his trailer. We set back watch. He's passed his plowed driveway and stuck ass deep in the snow bank where his guy puts the snow. Then he rips off his coat. And falls attempting to crawl and not moving. We decide to call 911. We rush up there pull him out of the snowbank sal. took one arm and I took the other in walked in trailer. Luckily the trailer was warm as he had a pellet stove. Sally put him in a chair took her sweatshirt and tried to warm his hands up with her sweatshirt is he shook.

All the while sale is still on with this batch from 911 is they were far out and the dispatch wanted to hear what was going on she kept thanking Sally saying she was doing great.

Sheriff arrived first and then an ambulance. The EMT started asking him questions as they probably have a protocol for these situations. They asked him if he was a diabetic he said no they then ask what medications he was on he said he had medicine but it was at the. Then they asked him his age and he said 33 years old. Thanks they asking what year it was and he said 1987. Next they asked him to touch his nose and he couldn't. With all the questions all he knew was his name and his address. He refused to go to the hospital.

after about 20 minutes I'm telling the cops in the EMTs what we saw they decide to take his vitals. We went by there about a half an hour later and there was a truck in the driveway thank goodness. Then on the way home we saw a ambulance turning from the route which would thank you from the hospital to the ambulance Barn the timing was perfect it was most likely ham

I was very proud of Sally and how she handled the situation however we got out of there got about a mile down the road and she threw up from Nerves

Like I said not looking for a pat on the back I would hope anybody would do something similar. But it honestly was one of the weirdest situations I've ever been a part of. As bad as the old man was shaking he would have died from hypothermia or from a heart attack trying to get out of the snow pile.

One thing that does upset me is when we were observing him from the other road he was just fell down in that snowbank in a black coat is a car past they never breaked.

Sally said the Lord works in mysterious ways. For some reason we happen to take that route to the bakery. It was all about timing

I give Sally a lot of credit she handled it very well but she ended up puking about two miles down the road due to nerves
Hobbes

Re: Weird Experience Today

Post by Hobbes »

The guy is lucky that you took the time to check on him and go out of your way to help. He'd have died of hypothermia pretty quick in a snow bank like that.
Hognutz
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hognutz »

Well done! It could have ended so much worse. You saved the man's life..No doubt! Timing is everything!
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
I am the man from Nantucket.
“Leave the gun, take the cannoli” -Clemensa
When attacked by a group of clowns...Go for the Juggler!!
pedro
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by pedro »

Right place right time. As I am trained in emergency medicine. I always stop when I see people in distress. Y’all did the right thing. Good job!
soiltester
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by soiltester »

Those brutal winters in MI … and to get old :roll:

Nice rescue success :thumbup:
ever wonder where the white goes when the snow melts??

Return to “Gobbler Talk”