Missouri Turkey hunting guides

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
spider316
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Missouri Turkey hunting guides

Post by spider316 »

Ok Everyone, looks like I'm going to be in Missouri the 13th-20th. Will be staying in Branson with the family, wife gave the ok to hunt with my son. Any recommendations will be appreciated, I realize its last minute also, thanks for your time, Wayne.
The most experienced novice Turkey hunter the good Lord ever created !
turkeyinstrut
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Missouri Turkey hunting guides

Post by turkeyinstrut »

Missouri has scads of public land that is loaded with turkeys, unless you just specifically want a "guided" hunt it is not necessary. The first year we went out there to hunt there were four of us and we all killed a bird the first two days of being there, all killed on public land. you can contact Missouri's Dept. Of Conservation and they will send you info on all the public tracts you will be close to, free of charge. IMHO a guide in Missouri for turkey hunting is a waste of money.
spider316
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by spider316 »

Wow, thanks. Never would of thought that. Was going the guided route due to time. Again thanks !
The most experienced novice Turkey hunter the good Lord ever created !
Mastevt

Post by Mastevt »

There's an atlas put out by the MDC, that lists all the conservation areas, and what is allowed. Very cool book. I ordered one, and has lots of info in it. There is lots of Corp ground here in MO. And if your willing to use a boat to get way back in some areas, I hear there is some really good hunting. Not that MO has bad areas. My farm is 8 miles from Whiteman AFB, and we seem to tag out every year.
Gar Commander

Post by Gar Commander »

Whatever you do make sure you have a freaking plug in your gun! That's right, a plug is required for turkeys in Missouri. $155 fine
swampchicken

Post by swampchicken »

MO has plenty of public ground and since you are here the first week there shouldn't be too much pressure mid week for you and your son to get a bird apiece. Have shot numerous doubles with friends and family even on public ground. I live a couple hours north of Branson so don't know much about the wmas close to it but would look at Drury mincy conservation area and contact the area manager for more info on the area.

Return to “Gobbler Talk”