4 More Months

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
HennedUp

4 More Months

Post by HennedUp »

Our spring season opens May 1st here in NY. We haven't had the birds here around home that we used to have, but things have been looking up some the past couple years. I saw more poults last year than I've been seeing and I had a couple hens and young birds feeding on the lawn this past summer and into early fall. It's still early, but the winter hasn't been bad here, so far. I'm a little more excited about the prospects this spring than I've been the last few years.

If I'm not mistaken, some of you guys in the southern states open as early as March, so at least I'll have some pictures to look at while I'm waiting. :struttin:
Bob
Dr Juice

4 More Months

Post by Dr Juice »

I’ve been turkey hunting for 27 years now in NY and have been seeing a steady decrease in the numbers. I attribute predators as a major factor in this situation since i see more of them than birds any given day.
HennedUp

Re: 4 More Months

Post by HennedUp »

I agree with you 100%. We used to have turkeys in almost every field around here in the spring. The past several years were terrible, but I'm starting to see an upswing in their numbers in my area. Nothing spectacular, but It's encouraging. I'm hoping there are enough toms around this spring that I feel like I can shoot one without it being detrimental to the population, instead of just watching and listening to what few birds we've had here around home.
Bob
Swampstalk

Post by Swampstalk »

IMG_5677.JPG
Bob,

Two more months for us in South Florida. Here's what my son, DIL, and I got on public first and second weekend hunts last spring.

Don
Don
Swampstalk

Post by Swampstalk »

Bob,

Two more months for us in South Florida.

Don
Don
HennedUp

Post by HennedUp »

Great pictures Don, thank you. Some great memories too. I wish you guys the best of luck this year and I'm looking forward to the pics.
Bob
Grumpy
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Grumpy »

April 13 here this year, God willing I will have my old rearend hiding behind the hay corral fence again.
I was not his father but he was my son,,MAK IV, 10-15-1993 - 4-22-2007
"Rest in Peace my Little Buddy"
HennedUp

Post by HennedUp »

We'll be out there one way or another, Grumpy. If I have to at some point, I'll buy a hooped up four wheel drive rascal scooter, complete with a camo paint job and mudder tires. Whatever it takes. ;)

You guys feel free to post pictures if you want to. I LOVE turkey pics. :thumbup:
Bob
ncturkey

Post by ncturkey »

Mid April Opener for me.
Mike
ncturkey

Post by ncturkey »

First Merriam’s - May 4 2018
Attachments
128A48A4-016A-4A89-961D-83C86DF03217.jpeg
Mike
ncturkey

Post by ncturkey »

Second Merriam’s
Raton, New Mexico
May 5 2018
Attachments
3FD5666A-47BA-4B60-88AA-BB8B0F3DACC3.jpeg
Mike
OLE RASPY
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by OLE RASPY »

Well according to you they are already henned up so I wouldn’t even go. 😆
TURKEYS
COYOTES
DEER
SQUIRRELS
(all in this order)
quavers16

Post by quavers16 »

Good Thread- Hennedup! I am from NY also. Only took 1 Gobbler last Spring. One of my worst Springs.. Spring 2019 will be my 30th Spring Turkey Season. I start in New Jersey that last week in New Jersey. Hennedup-- you should join up with-- Huntingny.com. Takes 5 minutes to join and there is a - Turkey Forum there as well.
devastator
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by devastator »

quavers16 wrote: January 6th, 2019, 1:12 pm Good Thread- Hennedup! I am from NY also. Only took 1 Gobbler last Spring. One of my worst Springs.. Spring 2019 will be my 30th Spring Turkey Season. I start in New Jersey that last week in New Jersey. Hennedup-- you should join up with-- Huntingny.com. Takes 5 minutes to join and there is a - Turkey Forum there as well.
Yep i read that alot,ive been killing birds up there for many years!there is a guy on there named ODYSSEUS
that seems to know alot about turkey hunting :roll:

Return to “Gobbler Talk”