NotreDame Oklahoma..

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

NotreDame Oklahoma..

Post by Hoobilly »

who all lost money on them two teams!???? :lol:

I been telling everyone around here that ND was gonna choke. They all be like , man they are tough. haven't lost a game.

I been telling them they gonna get steam rolled.

BAM! they been steam rolled! :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO:
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
GLS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: NotreDame Oklahoma..

Post by GLS »

Any doubt that UGA would have given 'Bama or Clemson a better game?
ND's signature win was against Meecheegan who got slapped around by FL. They also beat Vandy 22-17. Wow.
But the play=offs are about TV and there is nationwide SEC fatigue and TV is about ratings and commercial sponsors. However, it seems that bowl games that aren't play-off bowl games suffer from top players laying out because of NFL draft ambitions. And who can fault them?
The top player on USC, Deebo Samuel, set out and so is Deandre Baker of UGA who is its best defensive player. While in a play-off bowl, Clemson's top defensive lineman was suspended because of NCAA drug policy but it sure didn't affect Clemson's defense. Gil
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

Gil I get sick of hearing ND this& ND that here in northern Indiana. I kept telling them they were gonna choke. My bro in-law is a huge ND fan. My sister might be mad at me.. 😂

soiltester
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by soiltester »

I sure would have bet on ND if I was going to .. just because. :bootyshake:
So cussed tired of all this Tiger sheet and Crimson Orange and BS .. hope the whole team get's disqualified for drugs .. then let the Clemson money & lawyers get them out of it :stir:
ever wonder where the white goes when the snow melts??
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

soiltester wrote: December 30th, 2018, 7:38 am I sure would have bet on ND if I was going to .. just because. :bootyshake:
So cussed tired of all this Tiger sheet and Crimson Orange and BS .. hope the whole team get's disqualified for drugs .. then let the Clemson money & lawyers get them out of it :stir:
:LMAO:

You wouldn’t believe what we hear about ND around this neck of the woods.. I call them NotreShame

guesswho
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by guesswho »

hoobilly wrote: December 30th, 2018, 7:19 am I kept telling them they were gonna choke.
They didn't choke, they got choked.
Double Naught Spy!
RCD's Owner----------------Badonka Deke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff-------------Lighter Than HTL Shooter
The Storm Whistle Prostaff
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey Calls Prostaff
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

guesswho wrote: December 30th, 2018, 8:24 am
hoobilly wrote: December 30th, 2018, 7:19 am I kept telling them they were gonna choke.
They didn't choke, they got choked.
I swear I heard gunny yell out “I said choke yourself!”

GLS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by GLS »

Dad caught the go-ahead TD against the Gamecocks in 1942. Best story he told me about his playing days was against BC played at Fenway. BC was a national powerhouse rated at the top. Tigers lost 14-7. One of the Tiger receivers dropped a pass in the endzone that hit him in the numbers. Dad said he didn't get on the train back to Clemson and the team never saw him again. To a man, the team thought he did the right thing. The Greatest Generation. The two starting half backs were KIA. Dad, an infantry officer, was shot twice during the war and spent 16 months in the hospital. Couldn't play ball after the war because of serious wound. BC had a great year until they faced their cross town rival Holy Cross. BC was heavily favored to the extent they had champagne waiting for them in ice tubs at a local night club. Holy Cross beat the snot out of BC, 55-0 on November 28th. The team abandoned party plans and didn't go to the nightclub. The club caught fire and exits had been chained shut to prevent crashers. 492 people died. Before dad went to war after the season, Frank Howard told him he had a scholarship even if he came back on crutches, which he did. The scholarship was pulled. He had the GI bill and worked in a post office to finish up. After that, he was more of a Georgia fan than Clemson fan. Gil
guesswho
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by guesswho »

I'm not a big fan of any particular team. I do enjoy watching a good dominate team though, mainly to see if and when someone can knock them off and how they respond. I remember earlier in the year when Oklahoma and Bama were blowing teams out. Oklahoma started trash taking "We Want Bama"! Now I am a fan of trash talking and have always been one to participate, I can jaw with the best of them. The trouble with that is you may get your wish, and then get you ass handed to you. Which can be good in the long run.
Double Naught Spy!
RCD's Owner----------------Badonka Deke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff-------------Lighter Than HTL Shooter
The Storm Whistle Prostaff
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey Calls Prostaff
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

guesswho wrote: December 30th, 2018, 10:11 am I'm not a big fan of any particular team. I do enjoy watching a good dominate team though, mainly to see if and when someone can knock them off and how they respond. I remember earlier in the year when Oklahoma and Bama were blowing teams out. Oklahoma started trash taking "We Want Bama"! Now I am a fan of trash talking and have always been one to participate, I can jaw with the best of them. The trouble with that is you may get your wish, and then get you ass handed to you. Which can be good in the long run.
:LMAO:

I am a short small feller.. I know when to shut up

Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

GLS wrote: December 30th, 2018, 10:08 am Dad caught the go-ahead TD against the Gamecocks in 1942. Best story he told me about his playing days was against BC played at Fenway. BC was a national powerhouse rated at the top. Tigers lost 14-7. One of the Tiger receivers dropped a pass in the endzone that hit him in the numbers. Dad said he didn't get on the train back to Clemson and the team never saw him again. To a man, the team thought he did the right thing. The Greatest Generation. The two starting half backs were KIA. Dad, an infantry officer, was shot twice during the war and spent 16 months in the hospital. Couldn't play ball after the war because of serious wound. BC had a great year until they faced their cross town rival Holy Cross. BC was heavily favored to the extent they had champagne waiting for them in ice tubs at a local night club. Holy Cross beat the snot out of BC, 55-0 on November 28th. The team abandoned party plans and didn't go to the nightclub. The club caught fire and exits had been chained shut to prevent crashers. 492 people died. Before dad went to war after the season, Frank Howard told him he had a scholarship even if he came back on crutches, which he did. The scholarship was pulled. He had the GI bill and worked in a post office to finish up. After that, he was more of a Georgia fan than Clemson fan. Gil
wow that is tremendous history! glad your father made it. Not many of the greatest generation left nowadays. I pray that what they sacrificed we won't have to do again like that.

crenshawco

Post by crenshawco »

If somebody bet Oklahoma, they won. Line was 14.5
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

crenshawco wrote: December 30th, 2018, 6:08 pm If somebody bet Oklahoma, they won. Line was 14.5
My cousin watched that game.. said Okies ran out of time and were playing hard to come back

GLS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by GLS »

ND plays UGA between the hedges in Athens in 9 months. Should be interesting.
HartClemson99

Post by HartClemson99 »

I sure had a good time in Texas to watch my Tigers, heading out to Cali next weekend for Clemson Bama IV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

HartClemson99 wrote: December 31st, 2018, 9:53 am I sure had a good time in Texas to watch my Tigers, heading out to Cali next weekend for Clemson Bama IV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
now that will be a game worth watching!

HunterGKS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by HunterGKS »

I still believe that Ohio State got screwed. The committee stated that, when 2 teams were so close,
they went with a conference winner, OK in this case. I call BS. Ohio State won the Big 10 & was
starting to crank it up the last few games. They wailed on that team up north that was ranked #2 as
well as having the top pass defense in the country at the time. They also whopped WI in the title game.

I honestly believe that the committee didn't want to have AL play Ohio State. AL will now win it all.

Ohio State also got screwed out of another Heisman. If you look at the numbers, Haskins had the 2
ahead of him beat hands down. He set all kinds of OSU, Big 10, & National Records.
George

YOU KNOW YOU HAVE TO KEEP YOUR BODY STILL. YOUR HEART JUST HASN'T CAUGHT ON.

.17 = NITRO OF THE RIMFIRE WORLD USAF 1969-1973

MKW
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by MKW »

HunterGKS wrote: December 31st, 2018, 10:53 pm I still believe that Ohio State got screwed. The committee stated that, when 2 teams were so close,
they went with a conference winner, OK in this case. I call BS. Ohio State won the Big 10 & was
starting to crank it up the last few games. They wailed on that team up north that was ranked #2 as
well as having the top pass defense in the country at the time. They also whopped WI in the title game.

I honestly believe that the committee didn't want to have AL play Ohio State. AL will now win it all.

Ohio State also got screwed out of another Heisman. If you look at the numbers, Haskins had the 2
ahead of him beat hands down. He set all kinds of OSU, Big 10, & National Records.
But, Purdue...freakin Purdue. Ohio State sucks.
Ultimate Predator
HunterGKS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by HunterGKS »

MKW wrote: December 31st, 2018, 11:33 pm
HunterGKS wrote: December 31st, 2018, 10:53 pm I still believe that Ohio State got screwed. The committee stated that, when 2 teams were so close,

But, Purdue...freakin Purdue. Ohio State sucks.
I told a bunch of people that Purdue was better than they thought & that they would beat up OSU
if OSU didn't play a lot better which is exactly what happened. Haters gonna hate.
George

MKW
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by MKW »

I hate Ohio State because, from the time I could talk, I was raised to hate anything to do with UF. So, I hate every team that Urban Myer or Steve Spurrier has anything to do with. LOL
But, just like UGA, OSU screwed themselves. Gotta win to get in.
Ultimate Predator
GLS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by GLS »

Anyone hear how Purdue did in the bowl game? Just curious...

I can still see Woody Hayes running out on the field during a play and punching the Clemson linebacker Charlie Bauman after he intercepted a pass with two minutes to go in the 1978 Gator Bowl. Woody was gone after that craziness. Woody must have had money riding on the game. If he didn't, little did he know, he did.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmoIjMr1BZs

Gil
MKW
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by MKW »

MKW wrote: January 1st, 2019, 11:25 am I hate Ohio State because, from the time I could talk, I was raised to hate anything to do with UF. So, I hate every team that Urban Myer or Steve Spurrier has anything to do with. LOL
But, just like UGA, OSU screwed themselves. Gotta win to get in.
Let's go Washington! I would love to see Urban's first Rose Bowl appearance and his last game as OSU's coach end in a big 'ol "L". :D :D :D
Ultimate Predator
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

MKW you hate OSU if one of their fans were on fire in the driveway, I wouldn't take the time.to piss on them to put it out. IMO urban seems like a used car salesman, wouldn't doubt he sleeps with single ma's of recruits to get a commitment.

Heart problems, now migraines. He'll be back, hopefully NFL and gets crushed.

Ok I am bitter, but cannot stomach him
MKW
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by MKW »

ICDEDTURKES wrote: January 1st, 2019, 6:11 pm MKW you hate OSU if one of their fans were on fire in the driveway, I wouldn't take the time.to piss on them to put it out. IMO urban seems like a used car salesman, wouldn't doubt he sleeps with single ma's of recruits to get a commitment.

Heart problems, now migraines. He'll be back, hopefully NFL and gets crushed.

Ok I am bitter, but cannot stomach him
Dang...that's true hate. I'm not quite that bad, but it does make me smile when OSU loses.
Ultimate Predator
HunterGKS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by HunterGKS »

OSU 28 WA 23.
George

Return to “Gobbler Talk”