Score

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Score

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

I'm a huge fan of forshner Victorinox knives. Own a handful. Went to the local butcher today huge box of used ones sharp as heck. They've got some milage, but I like how thin they are, From deer processing to fowl, fish and turkeys $1. I bought 14.
[attachment=0]16220.jpeg[/attachment]
Attachments
16220.jpeg
guesswho
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Score

Post by guesswho »

I'd probably just go straight to the hospital and prepay.
Double Naught Spy!
RCD's Owner----------------Badonka Deke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff-------------Lighter Than HTL Shooter
The Storm Whistle Prostaff
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey Calls Prostaff
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

guesswho wrote: November 19th, 2018, 3:08 pm I'd probably just go straight to the hospital and prepay.
They put um in a plastic bag lol I looked like Edward scissor hands when they all poked out
devastator
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by devastator »

Good deal,that's what we use!!Look's like they need to be peeled down.Did you get me a picture :dontknow:
Grumpy
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Grumpy »

I cut meat for a large chain store super market, we cut 80 head a day and supplied all of our brand stores
and that is the only brand name knife we used. In the 70's they had wooden handles and were a lot more comfortable to use all day but the govt. (USDA meat inspectors) stepped in and made some bogus claim to having bacteria in the wood so the suppliers had to switch to the handles on them now, still the best knives a man can own for meat cutting. We had to buy our own and when I left I took my 4 with me, one is a 12" steak knife it is called and it works like a charm slicing big chunks of boneless meat...Carry on men!
I was not his father but he was my son,,MAK IV, 10-15-1993 - 4-22-2007
"Rest in Peace my Little Buddy"
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Grumpy wrote: November 19th, 2018, 7:50 pm I cut meat for a large chain store super market, we cut 80 head a day and supplied all of our brand stores
and that is the only brand name knife we used. In the 70's they had wooden handles and were a lot more comfortable to use all day but the govt. (USDA meat inspectors) stepped in and made some bogus claim to having bacteria in the wood so the suppliers had to switch to the handles on them now, still the best knives a man can own for meat cutting. We had to buy our own and when I left I took my 4 with me, one is a 12" steak knife it is called and it works like a charm slicing big chunks of boneless meat...Carry on men!
They're awesome, most my kitchen knives are forshner. For gutting skinning I use frost mora. You don't need to spend a fortune on knives if you get good steel
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

I rather use a sharp filet knife for skinning deer. slice so easy

thats a good score congrats to ya!
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
Sloppy_Snood

Post by Sloppy_Snood »

Tell your housekeeper to clean those knives up and sharpen them.
"You've gotta be original, because if you're like someone else, what do they need you for?"- Bernadette Peters
2Shooter
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by 2Shooter »

Sloppy_Snood wrote: November 20th, 2018, 12:05 pm Tell your housekeeper to clean those knives up and sharpen them.
:lol: :lol:

Return to “Gobbler Talk”