Birthday Present

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Birthday Present

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

My fiancee surprised me tonight, got a private room at new brewery in town, invited my wedding party. Normally I get hunting stuff, she shocked me when she gave me my present.Im like gloves in a small bag??? I don't care if tickets are good or crap want the experience more than anything. . Pumped!!! I follow Michigan more than hunting, best gift ever.
15745.jpeg
Hognutz
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Birthday Present

Post by Hognutz »

She’s a keeper, Tom. You are blessed to have her in your life. Crazy good...
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
I am the man from Nantucket.
“Leave the gun, take the cannoli” -Clemensa
When attacked by a group of clowns...Go for the Juggler!!
devastator
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by devastator »

Why didn't she get Lion's tickets :LMAO: :LMAO:
norINhunter

Post by norINhunter »

In college I had a golf tournament at the UM course right across the street from the stadium, after one round we got a tour of the big house. Prepare yourself because it is gigantic. Very cool place even if I’m a golden domer fan boy.
Tail Feathers

Post by Tail Feathers »

:twisted: She shoulda got you MI State tickets just to watch your face. :lol:
Turkey fanatic :turkeywave:
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Tail Feathers wrote: November 11th, 2018, 3:27 pm :twisted: She shoulda got you MI State tickets just to watch your face. :lol:
Funny you say that. Buddy text me, last week had MSU tickets said they were awesome, wanna go my treat. Um no
MKW
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by MKW »

Michigan sucks
Ultimate Predator
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

MKW wrote: November 11th, 2018, 5:16 pmMichigan sucks
I'll let that slide and say thank you for your service instead. :old_glory:
MKW
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by MKW »

ICDEDTURKES wrote: November 11th, 2018, 5:22 pm
MKW wrote: November 11th, 2018, 5:16 pmMichigan sucks
I'll let that slide and say thank you for your service instead. :old_glory:
LOL...Thank you.
I sincerely hope that you enjoy the game.
Ultimate Predator
Grumpy
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Grumpy »

Every good man deserves a good woman, congrats and enjoy
I was not his father but he was my son,,MAK IV, 10-15-1993 - 4-22-2007
"Rest in Peace my Little Buddy"
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

What an unforgettable experience. My niece lives down there, golf course was closed, season tickets only at HS but she knew a spot. We drank played tippy cup, Cornhole.

I got to the big house and cried. Anyone knows me knows how close I follow them, i read every article I can it's a release at night.

I walk in and am overwhelmed, I'm scared of heights and hate crowds and I got a dose of each. They slam you in there like sardines, luckily we got set next to two cool guys. Sal warned me about swearing as some have described me as a miniature trucker these guys made me look like a saint. I probably kissed her and thanked her 50 times. Normally get hunting stuff but rather have this.

The whole experience is something I wouldn't trade for anything. The music between plays from Metallica to 50cent. The jumbo Tron speeches from those that wore the maize and blue to old highlights.

The stairs were slick as it was freezing, I'm going to wear diapers next time as 100 deep in a bathroom line is not good. Worst was called cab halfway through 4th never showed had to walk a mile and a half back to hotel, but everything is part of experience.

I'll definitely be back next year. Probably the coolest experience ever.
16213.jpeg
Attachments
16207.jpeg
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

16201.jpeg
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

Under the lights football or nascar is cool stuff
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
Sir-diealot

Post by Sir-diealot »

Congratulations, like Hognutz said "She's a keeper" I have never been to a college game but I have been to a few STEELERS games and there is something special when you walk into that bowl that is like nothing else I have ever experienced. From the way you describe your dedication to MI I am sure you felt the same way.
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Sir-diealot wrote: November 21st, 2018, 5:56 pm Congratulations, like Hognutz said "She's a keeper" I have never been to a college game but I have been to a few STEELERS games and there is something special when you walk into that bowl that is like nothing else I have ever experienced. From the way you describe your dedication to MI I am sure you felt the same way.
She is, I was overwhelmed, before bed I read articles to put me to bed. I don't sleep very good a dip and a few more articles puts me back to sleep about 330.

She's a huge lions fan, she knows football, I was floored tonight when she said I care more about college than lions and NFL. :oops:
Sir-diealot

Post by Sir-diealot »

ICDEDTURKES wrote: November 21st, 2018, 6:51 pm
Sir-diealot wrote: November 21st, 2018, 5:56 pm Congratulations, like Hognutz said "She's a keeper" I have never been to a college game but I have been to a few STEELERS games and there is something special when you walk into that bowl that is like nothing else I have ever experienced. From the way you describe your dedication to MI I am sure you felt the same way.
She is, I was overwhelmed, before bed I read articles to put me to bed. I don't sleep very good a dip and a few more articles puts me back to sleep about 330.

She's a huge lions fan, she knows football, I was floored tonight when she said I care more about college than lions and NFL. :oops:
I do not want to get in a large debate over this, but I have not watched NFL since the second game of last season due to the disrespect shown to the flag. I have tried to follow the Sooners as well as I could but I live out of market. I was looking to enjoy the Sabres this year but decided to turn off DirecTV so that I could save to get a vehicle....... and some more turkey calls when my GF is not watching.
Last edited by Sir-diealot on November 21st, 2018, 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OLE RASPY
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by OLE RASPY »

Good deal Tom. Glad y’all had good time. She’s a keeper sounds like.
But I have never watched a football game in my life on tv. Only one I’ve watched in person is HS cause my daughter was a cheerleader at it lol.
TURKEYS
COYOTES
DEER
SQUIRRELS
(all in this order)
Gobbler
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Gobbler »

What an awful gift. :LMAO: :LMAO:
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

OLE RASPY wrote: November 21st, 2018, 8:14 pm Good deal Tom. Glad y’all had good time. She’s a keeper sounds like.
But I have never watched a football game in my life on tv. Only one I’ve watched in person is HS cause my daughter was a cheerleader at it lol.
Football means the world to me, had div 1 scholarships a pile of d2 and 3. I truly regret not playing college. It wasn't until 2 years ago I could go to our stadium walk through the gates and spend Friday under the lights without telling sal, it's time to leave as I'm bawling. I still cry. I still have teamates can't go back.

02 was Sal's senior year made it to finals, sat in stands in tears at Ford Field them were my brothers out there I played with. My final home game, coach put me back in, against #1 school we blew the f out, asked what play I wanted, sweep, took it to the house for 40 yards in a blizzard. I have a picture still, of me and my brothers walking off the field in a playoff loss on my nightstand.

It troubles me so many parents don't let kids play, I get it I had 2-3 concussions playing. But I learned more about dedication, work and family than in a classroom. I could most likely make a call help coach but parents would be calling, think I'm the only one to get unsportsmanlike conduct in a pre game speech.

Return to “Gobbler Talk”