Not ready for this snow..

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Not ready for this snow..

Post by Hoobilly »

Feels more like a Hoosier muzzleloader season than bow season right now. Rut is getting off to a good start and hoping for decent weather before fun season opens next Saturday
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Not ready for this snow..

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

I hate it. Was gonna go to football game tonight, umm no, have a field 500 geese and as many ducks for tommorow debating :dontknow:
guesswho
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by guesswho »

Can't y'all call the weather man and get it postponed?
Double Naught Spy!
RCD's Owner----------------Badonka Deke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff-------------Lighter Than HTL Shooter
The Storm Whistle Prostaff
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey Calls Prostaff
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

guesswho wrote: November 9th, 2018, 11:35 am Can't y'all call the weather man and get it postponed?
I prayed.. will see if he listened

Grumpy
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Grumpy »

ICDEDTURKES wrote: November 9th, 2018, 11:10 am I hate it. Was gonna go to football game tonight, umm no, have a field 500 geese and as many ducks for tommorow debating :dontknow:

Take the ducks and geese for sure, can see football anytime but the birds you "take em" when you can :P
I was not his father but he was my son,,MAK IV, 10-15-1993 - 4-22-2007
"Rest in Peace my Little Buddy"
Grumpy
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Grumpy »

We have had a skiff here for about a week now, high temps been in the 20's is all, temp last night got down to 2 above but next week back to the 50's with nighttime lows in the 30's
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

22 degrees and 18-20+ mph wind gusts made a cold frigid fence row hunting this morning.

So cold I almost wanted to pee on my hands to warm them up

Grumpy
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Grumpy »

We here in God's country are suppose to get back into the 50's starting this coming wednesday and not even down to freezing at night, I hope it stays like that until Feb. then warms up
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

Grumpy wrote: November 10th, 2018, 11:35 am We here in God's country are suppose to get back into the 50's starting this coming wednesday and not even down to freezing at night, I hope it stays like that until Feb. then warms up
hasn't been this cold here this early in a few years. wind just sucks the life outta ya

Grumpy
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Grumpy »

hoobilly wrote: November 10th, 2018, 11:44 am
Grumpy wrote: November 10th, 2018, 11:35 am We here in God's country are suppose to get back into the 50's starting this coming wednesday and not even down to freezing at night, I hope it stays like that until Feb. then warms up
hasn't been this cold here this early in a few years. wind just sucks the life outta ya

I can deal with some cold and snow too but the wind keeps me right here in front of the fire and I only get up to hold the door for the wife when she brings in arm loads of wood, I think for her birthday next year I'm going to move the wood pile from the back alley and bring it a little closer to the house. It is these small things I do for her without her asking that makes her want to stay with me for 66 yrs.,,,, :roll:
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

Grumpy wrote: November 11th, 2018, 6:44 pm

I can deal with some cold and snow too but the wind keeps me right here in front of the fire and I only get up to hold the door for the wife when she brings in arm loads of wood, I think for her birthday next year I'm going to move the wood pile from the back alley and bring it a little closer to the house. It is these small things I do for her without her asking that makes her want to stay with me for 66 yrs.,,,, :roll:
:lol: that keeps her young and in shape???

ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Grumpy wrote: November 11th, 2018, 6:44 pm

Post. Of the year nominee. Was having to go pee, you made me but didn't make the toilet
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

I’m all candy as of late. Could only stay in the stand for 2.5 hours. Wind and cold is killm me. Also.. aging hot fries the evening before your really wanting to sit for a while isn’t conducive to deer hunting.

Grumpy
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Grumpy »

I never could understand why a man deer hunting would climb into a tree and stand there for hours , never in my life have I seen a deer hiding up in a tree. My deer blind has a heater an AC windshield wipers and is very mobile and works like a charm, say TOYOTA on the tailgate.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

Grumpy wrote: November 16th, 2018, 12:33 pm I never could understand why a man deer hunting would climb into a tree and stand there for hours , never in my life have I seen a deer hiding up in a tree. My deer blind has a heater an AC windshield wipers and is very mobile and works like a charm, say TOYOTA on the tailgate.
:LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :usa: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO:

Return to “Gobbler Talk”