It's true!! I am a junkie!!!

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
drenalinld
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

It's true!! I am a junkie!!!

Post by drenalinld »

Last Thursday evening I was very busy at home and more than a little stressed. Some days my job can be very demanding and this was definitely one of those days. I needed to still be at work, but I had come home to help out my wife who was in a terrible shape with the stomach flue as was my four year old daughter and my 14 month old daughter was feeling great and destroying the house as only a Tasmanian Devil can. I was trying my best to prepare some supper while fielding calls from work about some problems we were having which were the kind of problems that make you worry about your job future while bringing sprite and gatorade and cool wash cloths to the sick etc...etc...etc...

As all of this was getting to be more than I could deal with my boss calls me at home. He tells me "there is no easy way to say this, so I will just say it". "Someone called the company hotline today and reported you doing something really bad in the company truck this afternoon and you have to meet me at HR in the morning at 8:30". He could not tell me about the complaint only to meet him in the morning. So now I am trying to remember cutting someone off or running a stop light or what I might have done but could come up with nothing. The next morning the HR representative tells me someone called in and reported my tag number and stated the driver of this truck was smoking a crack pipe on Harkrider Street in Conway!! They went on to state they knew it was a crack pipe because it was too long to be a tobacco pipe!!

I did not put it together at first. I told her I have never done drugs of any kind and would gladly take any drug test. It was then my boss stated the first thing that popped in his mind was a turkey call or a duck call. Then it hit me in the face. I keep at least two trumpets hanging on my rear view mirror all the time and I had been running a Constantine yelper at the stop light while waiting to get on the free way. I guess they thought it was smokeless crack???

I admitted I do have an addiction to turkey calls and they offered no help. Here is my "crack pipe"...lol
It's the one on the left.
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: It's true!! I am a junkie!!!

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

I have always thought this would happen to me with duck and goose calls that are bright colored acrylic..
Hognutz
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hognutz »

That's a funny story, David. Glad you got it figured out.
Ironically, that's all I could do with a trumpet. Smoke crack out of it.. I will admit that I really do not play them well.
However, It is on my bucket list to get a good one and learn. It is time..
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
I am the man from Nantucket.
“Leave the gun, take the cannoli” -Clemensa
When attacked by a group of clowns...Go for the Juggler!!
drenalinld
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by drenalinld »

Trumpets take some time, but my experience this past Spring proved they are well worth the effort.
Last edited by drenalinld on June 14th, 2012, 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YellaJacket

Post by YellaJacket »

I think he should have asked what it was before he asked to meet him in h&r. Sounds like the story was spun and you were guilty till proven innocent. Bunch of haters... I guess now you have a cover if you decided to smoke crack in the company truck...boss wouldn't think anything when you got reported next time..haha
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

now thats a hoot! er a yelp I should say. lol
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
Turkey Talker
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Turkey Talker »

Hahaaahahahhahahahahahahahahahaa!
There is nothing wrong with a crack smokin turkey hunter!

Return to “Gobbler Talk”