Arizona's Turkey Lottery

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
hookspur

Arizona's Turkey Lottery

Post by hookspur »

Well, I've applied yet again for the Arizona turkey lottery. I've hunted there several times, but for a number of years I've been focused on getting a tag good for a Gould's hunt in the southern part of the state. All my fingers and toes are crossed in hopes that this is the year I finally get a US Gould's to complete my Royal Slam. I have 12 bonus points going in....only time will tell if that's gonna be enough! I really despise Arizona's drawing; they make you buy an expensive hunting license every year, just for the honor of applying in their lottery. I'll sure be glad to get this one under my belt!! Anyone else ever draw a Gould's tag in Arizona? If so, how was the hunt?
deerhunt1988

Re: Arizona's Turkey Lottery

Post by deerhunt1988 »

You are too kind, advertising this opportunity! ha. I'm going in with 4 points. Always gives me a glimmer of hope looking at the draw results and seeing someone with just a couple points winning a tag. To get the most bang for my buck, I've been buying mule deer and elk points too at $15/per.
howl
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by howl »

Hat's off to anyone who goes to all that trouble to draw a tag. I have never even been able to convince myself to buy a WY antelope point.
Fatmo

Post by Fatmo »

I hope this is your year, buddy... I had decided to try for a Goulds, but after I found out that Az. makes you purchase a $163.00 license just to apply. I said I'll pass!! Best of luck, Doc.....
ww

Post by ww »

I'd like to kill one too but I think I'll use all that tag money on a Mexico Goulds just across the border.
hookspur

Post by hookspur »

As long as I draw a tag soon, I'll still be money ahead over what I would've spent on a Mexico hunt. Besides that, I just want my first Gould's to be a United States Gould's!!!
OLE RASPY
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by OLE RASPY »

I hope you draw a tag hookspur. I’ve never heard of anybody that ever has. I’m sure there is just haven’t heard. I went ahead and went to Mexico but I understand you wanting one in the US. GOOD LUCK BUD.
TURKEYS
COYOTES
DEER
SQUIRRELS
(all in this order)
Tail Feathers

Post by Tail Feathers »

I know a local guy who won a tag in a nationwide NWTF raffle or something like that several years ago. He hunted with a TV show and got one after several days. He said the odds were astronomical on winning. Good luck Doc!
Turkey fanatic :turkeywave:
firedup

Post by firedup »

Good luck Doc! I will cross all my digits for ya as well. Can't hurt....
Smokey

Post by Smokey »

Wishing ya good luck too Doc.

(When I saw Tail Feathers and firedup post sequentially I had to jump in and stick my neck up too like a line of turkeys 😃. I started to sign up to post but forgot I was already a member here and was on a pretty good streak toward setting some kind of world lurking record 🤣.)
hookspur

Post by hookspur »

I'll overlook the scruffy pack of company you keep as buddies, Joe. :lol:

Are y'all coming down to FL next spring??? Our camp sure enjoys having you guys amongst us. We even have a hot shower now, so we can maybe tolerate a longer visit from the WV/TX contingent.......
Smokey

Post by Smokey »

As always I hope we can make it. Although we don’t always make it there’s not a turkey year that starts out that I don’t wish to be down there with you and the gang. It is always a grand time.

As for the scruffy company I keep David and Randy are holding up pretty well but LT IS a little ragged around the edges now that you mention it. :lol:
hookspur

Post by hookspur »

Dagnabbit. Once again I failed to draw. I'm beginning to think their lottery is rigged. :banghead:
Fatmo

Post by Fatmo »

That Zucks!!! They sure do have racket going on out there. ( You have to buy a license before you can apply ) $160.00 + fees I guess you could go out and shoot a Merriams if not drawn... Better luck next year and I hope its next year because your not getting any younger....
hookspur

Post by hookspur »

I'm feelin' it, Dickie.....trust me on that!!! My wheels are ready to fall off; knees are both SHOT!

Return to “Gobbler Talk”