Phones

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
Turkinator
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Phones

Post by Turkinator »

Is there a rugged cell phone that takes good pictures? Something that if caught in a downpour won't shut down? Recommendations?
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Phones

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Buy insurance plan lol

Sal's got a Moto z2 she got a protector. And a camera that clips magnetically it's like 21 mega pixels it's awesome
howl
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by howl »

Otter Box makes phone cases.
howl
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by howl »

I'd like to figure out how to get out of carrying one of the dang things all the time. Nuisance!
Turkinator
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Turkinator »

Looking at the kyocera brigedier.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

howl wrote: August 17th, 2018, 12:31 pm Otter Box makes phone cases.
thats what I use with a iPhone6s+ water will get into the ear piece area and slide down onto the screen (between screen and protector and makes it all but impossible to operate. however, my phone hasn't been damaged with the otter box. and I drop it daily

last insurance claim they asked me if I had ever dropped it. I laughed out loud and said yeah daily!

and ICDED would love to know more about the added camera Sal uses
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
GLS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by GLS »

Any number of cellphones can survive a dunking. The top cameras are in the Google Pixel series, the Iphones and the Samsung Galaxies. I have a Pixel XL. It has a tempered glass screen protector and a case that will survive and protect against a 10' drop. It can survive a 30 minute shallow water dunking. Its case is slimmer than an Otter Box which is bulky. I had an Otter Box on my MotoX which lasted for 4 years. The battery now only holds a charge for a half day as it had been recharged over a 1000 times. Battery couldn't be replaced without damaging the screen, but it still works. It's small enough to carry as a back up GPS. I stripped off the Otter Box as it was not really needed except to protect it from drop damage. It was waterproof. The Pixel XL series is dropping prices in anticipation of the new model coming out this fall.
Last edited by GLS on August 18th, 2018, 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fatmo

Post by Fatmo »

I tried Otterbox and still got wet.. I use life proof case and if any chance of being submerged in water, I've got a see thru waterproof pouch...
GLS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by GLS »

My problem with the Otter box is that water vapor (sweat) would sometimes get between the Moto X's screen and the inside of the box's screen protector which interfered with the touch screen features. It was damn near impossible to remove the box from the phone. I hated the damn thing. As a preventative, I carried it in ziploc bag.
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

GLS wrote: August 18th, 2018, 1:15 pm My problem with the Otter box is that water vapor (sweat) would sometimes get between the Moto X's screen and the inside of the box's screen protector which interfered with the touch screen features. It was damn near impossible to remove the box from the phone. I hated the damn thing. As a preventative, I carried it in ziploc bag.
My problem was no one could hear me
Hognutz
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hognutz »

I have used OttetBox Defender for 10 years or so. I love it. Kind of bitch to open for cleaning but not terrible. Great for dropping, but not exactly waterproof, though. They leak like a sieve!!
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
I am the man from Nantucket.
“Leave the gun, take the cannoli” -Clemensa
When attacked by a group of clowns...Go for the Juggler!!
Bustinbeards

Post by Bustinbeards »

Life proof is your answer
jryser

Post by jryser »

Bustinbeards wrote:Life proof is your answer
I used the Lifeproof battery as long as I could with my 6s. I have gotten sick of upgrading all the time and hopefully my latest will last. The thing I do not like about the lifeproof is that it’s not a lightning port, and the port goes bad no matter how gentle I am.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
firedup

Post by firedup »

I used an otterbox for years and it was durable and shockproof. But not very waterproof. I now use a Tethys. Not quite as shockproof but way more waterproof. 6-8ft depth. I put the case on the phone and submerged in the sink (this is per manufactor recommendations too). Set something heavy on it and left it for a while, it was still bone dry when I got it out. I figure if I drop it in deep water and cant find it in a few hours its toast anyway. I haven't had any water issues at all. Not very $$ also.

https://www.amazon.com/Waterproof-Prote ... B00X8JGYK0
Longspurs

Post by Longspurs »

I've had otter box case, life proof etc. they cost a lot and still leak sometimes.
Ziploc sandwich bags U can buy the top of the line name brand for less than 5$ and you'll have a lifetime supply of phone cases lol. Water proof 100% dust proof etc. change them out as needed. All phone functions work inside bag including camera. But you can always take the phone out for pics or calls. It's really a no brainer
I use a 3$ rubber cover for drop protection and daily pocket carry when not hunting

Return to “Gobbler Talk”