Overcoming fear

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Overcoming fear

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Well I survived my worst night mare. Sal and Kelly arranged a horse tour. :angryfire: ]Like I said Ive have a phobia of large animals. My anxiety was killing me on way up North to tour one of my best friends house. Hes the best elk guide in Michigan. Women operating knew I was nervous, put me on the slowest horse.(yes used a stool to get on, yes im short) When I say slow I mean like literally the slowest east of Mississippi, I was the only one with a mini swatter to move him. I ate everyone's else's dust literally, as I brought up the rear. Sal would always tell leader to trot (no, just no I'm thinking) . Trot equals Copenhagen Wintergreen imprinted on left butt cheek. I swear my horse was blind as he tripped on every stick, one time thought I was goin down. I'm still up as my butt and legs hurt so bad, I can't sleep Serta and Temperpedic need to get in saddle business!!!

Next horse I get on will be a Shetland pony at the fair. Lol it was a fun day doing something I ain't done in years and spending time with great friends in beautiful country with a picture of margarita, we saw two bull groups and a small bull that ducked in corn

#idabeenfineintrainigringfor5
38848161_10100107352692661_574204580213030912_n.jpg
devastator
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Overcoming fear

Post by devastator »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
redarrow
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by redarrow »

Congrats on conquering the fear. August 2nd I faced one of mine.First time on an airplane.Spent 4 days in Texas.We be badazz Now Tom.
Put you plans in the nail scarred hands.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

I ain’t been on a horse since I was about 14. I love westerns..but don’t think the saddle life is for me
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
timbrhuntr
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by timbrhuntr »

Ha ha my youngest daughter used to ride and she was fearless so they always gave her the biggest baddest horse that everyone was afraid of. Of course one day they had a parent ride day surprise they saved Joey for me ! I acted the part but Joey new I was full of fake bravado ($hi*) and made a point to show everyone else !! :oops:

Anyway now that you overcame that fear you can go see elk in real elk territory and pack into the mountains on a horse ! :LMAO:
Grumpy
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Grumpy »

I think a small Merry go Round with the fiberglass horses might be your limit, hang on to the brass pole and spur the hell out of it, show it who's boss.............. :LMAO:
I was not his father but he was my son,,MAK IV, 10-15-1993 - 4-22-2007
"Rest in Peace my Little Buddy"
soiltester
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by soiltester »

Grumpy wrote: August 11th, 2018, 11:35 am I think a small Merry go Round with the fiberglass horses might be your limit, hang on to the brass pole and spur the hell out of it, show it who's boss.............. :LMAO:

x2

Carosel Stirrups-May2013 003.jpg
I can lend this one, load it up for you in late Sept., when I make the trip goose huntin' :stir:
ever wonder where the white goes when the snow melts??
OLE RASPY
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by OLE RASPY »

😂😂Glad ya had fun and overcomed all that.
TURKEYS
COYOTES
DEER
SQUIRRELS
(all in this order)
Hognutz
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hognutz »

Grumpy wrote: August 11th, 2018, 11:35 am I think a small Merry go Round with the fiberglass horses might be your limit, hang on to the brass pole and spur the hell out of it, show it who's boss.............. :LMAO:
:LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: That’s slap your Momma funny, right there!
Grumpy, your my hero!!
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
I am the man from Nantucket.
“Leave the gun, take the cannoli” -Clemensa
When attacked by a group of clowns...Go for the Juggler!!
Hognutz
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hognutz »

With all due respect, Tom, I can and do appreciate someone that takes something that scares the living Crap out of them, head on.
We all have something in our closet that we hate doing. One way or another. A simple visit to the doctor drives me up a wall. My blood pressure is usually through the roof when they check it.
Kudos, Tom. Horses today, airplanes tomorrow!
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

Hognutz wrote: August 11th, 2018, 5:54 pm With all due respect, Tom, I can and do appreciate someone that takes something that scares the living Crap out of them, head on.
We all have something in our closet that we hate doing. One way or another. A simple visit to the doctor drives me up a wall. My blood pressure is usually through the roof when they check it.
same thing happens with my blood pressure... hate it
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Hognutz wrote: August 11th, 2018, 5:54 pm With all due respect, Tom, I can and do appreciate someone that takes something that scares the living Crap out of them, head on.
I rarely go to the doctor, my BP is so high there. I request they don't take it bought my own cuff and check at home a day or so before I go. Much better
Hognutz
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hognutz »

Same with me. Check it at home before I go. It’s actually called white coat syndrome. Doctors offices freak the living Hell outta me!
soiltester
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by soiltester »

Hognutz wrote: August 12th, 2018, 12:01 am Same with me. Check it at home before I go. It’s actually called white coat syndrome. Doctors offices freak the living Hell outta me!
Yup .. my Doc called it that also :thumbup:
ever wonder where the white goes when the snow melts??
Grumpy
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Grumpy »

Some nurses get my blood a pumping............. :oops: :oops: :oops:
I was not his father but he was my son,,MAK IV, 10-15-1993 - 4-22-2007
"Rest in Peace my Little Buddy"
2Shooter
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by 2Shooter »

Grumpy wrote: August 12th, 2018, 11:11 pm Some nurses get my blood a pumping............. :oops: :oops: :oops:
:lol: :thumbup:
Tail Feathers

Post by Tail Feathers »

We had horses growing up. Had my own as a kid.
Several years back we rented some for a ride with the girls when they were teens.
Mine was fine until we got to the creek crossing. He turned and headed back to the barn. Nothing I could do would stop him, and I knew what to do...or so I thought.
I teenaged girl "ranger" came riding up and grabbed the halter and led him across the creek. He was fine after that.
He was good until he saw the barn and broke into a run. I was unable to use any of my horse knowledge to slow him down. Sitting back a bit and pulling back on the reins stops every horse in the world, except him. :lol: I knew enough about horses to see where this would end so I just enjoyed the ride. He ran straight to the spot where folks get on and off and stopped. I'm sure I wasn't the first he had done that to. :D
Turkey fanatic :turkeywave:

Return to “Gobbler Talk”