Thank you for joining GobblerNation!

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Thank you for joining GobblerNation!

Post by Hoobilly »

For all the new turkey hunters who have joined this year, thank you!

Its crazy what facebook has done to forums in general as a lot of good guys who are very passionate about the wild turkey have found a bigger voice on social media than the traditional forums, its nice to see some of the facebook members on GobblerNation's facebook page migrate on here.

Y'all welcome to share your hunts, daily life happenings or what ever your gets you motivated to chasing gobblers and other critters with us.

Social media seems to have its fair share of crazies, and although here on GN there are some real pecker woods, I wouldn't have it any other way!

Hoobilly
Brice Hensley
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
OLE RASPY
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Thank you for joining GobblerNation!

Post by OLE RASPY »

Thank you for the site 👍🏻
TURKEYS
COYOTES
DEER
SQUIRRELS
(all in this order)
guesswho
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by guesswho »

hoobilly wrote: June 18th, 2018, 9:00 pm Social media seems to have its fair share of crazies.
Don't have to worry about that here. :lol:

Seriously, welcome to all the new members. Enjoyed your input this year. Well, most of it. :D
Double Naught Spy!
RCD's Owner----------------Badonka Deke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff-------------Lighter Than HTL Shooter
The Storm Whistle Prostaff
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey Calls Prostaff
Jbird22

Post by Jbird22 »

Don't do FaRcebook so definitely thankful for sites like this one! Thank you!
Contact Info - 4XWADSLITTER@GMAIL.COM
coconut

Post by coconut »

I really like the site and the people on here. Always enjoy the intelligence of the people on here as well.
Turkinator
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Turkinator »

Jbird22 wrote: June 18th, 2018, 9:36 pm Don't do FaRcebook so definitely thankful for sites like this one! Thank you!
I second this!
paboxcall

Post by paboxcall »

Turkinator wrote: June 18th, 2018, 9:59 pm
Jbird22 wrote: June 18th, 2018, 9:36 pm Don't do FaRcebook so definitely thankful for sites like this one! Thank you!
I second this!
I'm in this boat - not on social media other than the forums and I really enjoy stopping here. Reading the TSS threads and the patterning results just fascinates me. I remember when we started shooting the white Hevi shell, who'd thought we get that type of performance out of a .410 with #9 shot a few years down the road. Appreciate what all the members here have contributed.
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer

Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
jryser

Post by jryser »

paboxcall wrote:
I second this!
I'm in this boat - not on social media other than the forums and I really enjoy stopping here. Reading the TSS threads and the patterning results just fascinates me. I remember when we started shooting the white Hevi shell, who'd thought we get that type of performance out of a .410 with #9 shot a few years down the road. Appreciate what all the members here have contributed.
+1!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

paboxcall wrote: June 18th, 2018, 10:46 pm
I second this!
I remember everyone shooting 200 with the old white.. first one I shot I only got 150ish and was sorely disappointed :lol: I never did get over 200 with that shell, but it was close. now 150 in a 410 freaks me out too. If I ever run across a good model 42 410 that wouldn't scare me to hunt with, then I will jump into the 410 game

and thank you all, I'm just riding off of Rick and Duds hard work.. I mean Doug :LMAO:

spider316
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by spider316 »

Where's my free shirt ! No social media here, alot easier to enjoy a site like this, thanks everyone.
The most experienced novice Turkey hunter the good Lord ever created !
jryser

Post by jryser »

Hey Hoobilly - I jumped into the .410 game! Browning BPS Micro Midas. I’ll let u know - wanna get the little kids and my 4’11” Mom more confident!!

timbrhuntr
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by timbrhuntr »

OMG I was thinking I was back on OG with the jee I just love old gobbler bs posts ! :pukeright: :bootyshake:
DBLGBL

Post by DBLGBL »

Hoobilly,

Define scare in the model 42. I know where a browning reproduction lives that is still in the box.

2gbl
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

DBLGBL wrote: June 19th, 2018, 9:17 am Hoobilly,

Define scare in the model 42. I know where a browning reproduction lives that is still in the box.

2gbl
Those aren’t that scarce. I had one in grade 5 and shot skeet with it.

Big Pine

Post by Big Pine »

Im glad to be here.Seems to be some really great people on this sight.I especially appreciate the lack of the standard socio political ramble that's prevalent everywhere. A turkey hunting forum with turkey hunters talking about hunting turkeys! That's why Im here and I appreciate it!
merriamsman

Post by merriamsman »

I much prefer forums over facebook. Thanks for a great site!
CamoMan4025
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by CamoMan4025 »

I just joined because I was banned from Old Gobbler :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
"God, Guts & High Explosives"
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

I don't go to forums as much as I used to, this is about it because alot the long time forum members are here.

I'm on Facebook, but rarely post in turkey groups. Think forums got some arrogant sobs, ya ain't seen nothing.

I'm in about 30 groups and have joined maybe 5 it peeves me off. I don't care about northwestern Australian kangaroo hunting, or fishing Connecticut dtc
devastator
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by devastator »

If it wasn't for the forums i wouldn't have met Doug,talked to shooter,ever tried the calls and met Scott Hook,and last but not least i met some duchbag named Tom that i consider a great buddy that i had a chance to hunt with :thumbup: :thumbup:
merriamsman

Post by merriamsman »

I discovered TSS reloading here - thanks Hawglips!
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

ICDEDTURKES wrote: June 20th, 2018, 4:54 pm I don't go to forums as much as I used to, this is about it because alot the long time forum members are here.

I'm on Facebook, but rarely post in turkey groups. Think forums got some arrogant sobs, ya ain't seen nothing.

I'm in about 30 groups and have joined maybe 5 it peeves me off. I don't care about northwestern Australian kangaroo hunting, or fishing Connecticut dtc
You can use your computer, go to the ones you don't like, remove yourself and click the little box that says keep others from adding you to this group. works wonders..

and I wish you were on GN facebook page hint hint :LMAO:

jryser

Post by jryser »

I have met GREAT people all with great minds without the arrogance and ego. Have learned about TSS and bought 3 new turkey guns. Oh man! My hope is to have what I am calling the 12-.410 shotgun slam next year! A turkey from each gauge! Not interested in 10 or 8. I like to give all turkeys a chance. 🤪
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

jryser wrote: June 20th, 2018, 10:18 pm I have met GREAT people all with great minds without the arrogance and ego. Have learned about TSS and bought 3 new turkey guns. Oh man! My hope is to have what I am calling the 12-.410 shotgun slam next year! A turkey from each gauge! Not interested in 10 or 8. I like to give all turkeys a chance. 🤪
your not a real man until you carry a 12lb hammer of a 10ga all day.. :LMAO:

I keep swearing a oath that I'm gonna carry my SP10 down in Ky through the mountains. So far I keep breaking that oath :dontknow:

jryser

Post by jryser »

hoobilly wrote:
jryser wrote: June 20th, 2018, 10:18 pm I have met GREAT people all with great minds without the arrogance and ego. Have learned about TSS and bought 3 new turkey guns. Oh man! My hope is to have what I am calling the 12-.410 shotgun slam next year! A turkey from each gauge! Not interested in 10 or 8. I like to give all turkeys a chance. 🤪
your not a real man until you carry a 12lb hammer of a 10ga all day.. :LMAO:

I keep swearing a oath that I'm gonna carry my SP10 down in Ky through the mountains. So far I keep breaking that oath :dontknow:
Lol! Do they even make 8ga anymore? Haven’t seen the big 10 in real life yet...

Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

jryser wrote: June 22nd, 2018, 10:41 pm Lol! Do they even make 8ga anymore? Haven’t seen the big 10 in real life yet...

Haven’t seen 8ga commercially available ever. I do know that 8ga is the biggest shell that can be shipped via UPS.

Market hunting gun.. and probably black powder only?

Return to “Gobbler Talk”