Lynch Box Call Sound

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
buck50

Lynch Box Call Sound

Post by buck50 »

Is the any 'real' difference between sound quality between lynch box calls made in MS and Al or vintage and new calls...thanks
coconut

Re: Lynch Box Call Sound

Post by coconut »

I had one of the old calls and it sounded great but someone got into my truck and broke it. A friend bought one of the new ones and it didn’t sound good at all. My limited experience with them. Someone on here recommend Alan Jenkins calls. I took a chance and ordered 2 of his calls and they both sound very good. I think Alan used to own or run lynch.
Jamey

Post by Jamey »

You "can" get a good sounding new Lynch but most likely you won't. If you want that style and the sound that made them famous then go with Allen Jenkins...
quavers16

Post by quavers16 »

I don't know which one I have- AL or MS. It is the World Champion and I have had this Box and used it since 1995 or 96. I have had much success with this box mostly in the Fall Turkey Season by yelping 5 old hen Yelps on the Gobbler side and then Yelping 5 times on the Hen side. Have called in alot of Fall Turkeys that way. Sometimes, I will Gobbler Yelp 5 times a little slower as well out there with the World Champion.
coconut

Post by coconut »

That sounds like how my grandad and great uncle used to call and they had a lot of success.
coconut

Post by coconut »

I remember hunting with one ol timer that would cluck 3 times every 15 minutes and he killed turkeys. He would have a spell if I cackled or cut on a call.
MAK

Post by MAK »

Lynch call 1958 Mis , was my fathers; Ben lee box is mine
Attachments
Ben Lee and Lynch
Ben Lee and Lynch
MAK

Return to “Gobbler Talk”