1st Spring Storm of 2018

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
HunterGKS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

1st Spring Storm of 2018

Post by HunterGKS »

I started to mow the yard a little after 01:00 today. When I started, the skies were pretty clear but, as I mowed, it got darker & darker. At about 1:45, it started to sprinkle just a little. I thought to myself: “Self, I thought….It’s just a little sprinkle. No biggy.” So I kept mowing. I got to the farthest point west & the skies opened up. Not just rain but hail some the size of dimes. I hauled tail to the garage but not before I got hail-pelted. That stuff stings when it hits!!!!

The wind got really strong from the west blowing the rain & hail sideways. It literally looked like a winter white out. I didn’t get my camera quickly enough for the worst of it but you can get an idea based on the 1st pic looking out of my butcher shop east across the creek & this was at the tail end of the storm.

The hail stones in the next 2 pics were on my deck but those are some of he smaller ones.

The next 6 pics are of my west ditch & road. I added the times to the pics so you can see how long it took to cover my road & then to recede. You can also see how quickly the creek rose. The creek is to the left of the field.

The storm didn’t last long at all, maybe 10-15 minutes but it was 1 of the strongest I have seen here in a long time.

George

YOU KNOW YOU HAVE TO KEEP YOUR BODY STILL. YOUR HEART JUST HASN'T CAUGHT ON.

.17 = NITRO OF THE RIMFIRE WORLD USAF 1969-1973

HunterGKS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: 1st Spring Storm of 2018

Post by HunterGKS »

I just checked my rain gauge & got 2 3/10" inches of rain in about an hour.
George

YOU KNOW YOU HAVE TO KEEP YOUR BODY STILL. YOUR HEART JUST HASN'T CAUGHT ON.

.17 = NITRO OF THE RIMFIRE WORLD USAF 1969-1973

OLE RASPY
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by OLE RASPY »

It’s weird how quick it can come and then the suns out
TURKEYS
COYOTES
DEER
SQUIRRELS
(all in this order)
MAK

Post by MAK »

We’ve had a steady dose of rain hail thunderstorms last couple weeks my garden is a mud pit
MAK

Return to “Gobbler Talk”