CAUTION! Yildiz single shots!!!

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

CAUTION! Yildiz single shots!!!

Post by Hoobilly »

Devin Duncan posted on GN Facebook a problem with a friend of his Yildizs single shot. Here is what Devin posted..

Everyone. Please be careful with the $130 Yildiz single shots.

My buddies after being fired or dry fired either or sometimes the the firing pin will hang out. So when you load the gun and shut the barrel and action the firing pin will strike the primer on the loaded shell and fire. This has happened twice with his. Both times the barrel was pointed in a safe direction to verify.
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
GLS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: CAUTION! Yildiz single shots!!!

Post by GLS »

If the trigger is pulled with the barrel open, the hammer is down and the pin is extended. Load it and snap it shot and "BOOM".
howl
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by howl »

Opening the action should cock the hammer, leaving the firing pin held away from the primer by a spring. I suggest cleaning the gun. Take the stock off. Flush everything with solvent and air. Lube with a corrosion preventative that will not dry and gunk it up.

If it still does it, let Briley fix it.
GLS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by GLS »

If the trigger wasn't pulled with the action open, loaded and snapped shut, was any trigger work done on the gun?
SpitNDrumN

Post by SpitNDrumN »

Nothing been done to the gun. He tore it apart and found a fix. Haven’t got to talk to him about it yet tho.
SumToy

Post by SumToy »

They are cock when you pull the finger/barrel release. I just looked at one. Even if you pull the trigger the pin will come out but when you shut it the barrel pushes the barrel release and cocks it again b4 it closes. Now the front trigger guard screw has a spring under it. Look to see if screw is loose or spring may have jumped out. I will pull the stock off one to see what I can see on them. I have found the Midland I like little better then them but seem to be little heavier.
GLS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by GLS »

William, thanks for pointing that out. I see what you mean by the barrel closure re-cocking the gun. I wonder if his sear wasn't engaging the hammer for reasons that you surmised. Gil
Bwana1

Post by Bwana1 »

Broken or missing spring

Return to “Gobbler Talk”